McKnight looks like the Dolphins' best receiver. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKnight looks like the Dolphins' best receiver.

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Article on our receiver struggles. I have to agree with some of the assessment.

True quote up to now.

It was McKnight's first contribution in an exhibition game, and he already looks like the Dolphins' best receiver.

WRs struggle; McKnight back to force fumble

I still think Mcknight should be one of the starters, the guy's a playmaker Period.

I don't agree. I think they are factoring his special teams performance from last night into the equation. I think, and so do most regular practice watchers that Darrius Thompson is our best WR.

Originally posted by bdwgroove
I don't agree. I think they are factoring his special teams performance from last night into the equation. I think, and so do most regular practice watchers that Darrius Thompson is our best WR.

Who caught more balls and looked good doing it. The facts speak for themselves, if TC don't translate to the playing field, so what. I'm confident that the TC will start translating to the playing field once the regular season starts, but Mcknight has looked good every since last year, and he keeps on looking good. You have to admit that, if you're earnest about it.

I agree. McK looked good. He had the one nice catch I remember for like 10+ yards where Jay placed the ball perfectly.

Chambers needs to get his **** goin. The guy is awesome in practice, but he can't seem to catch **** in the game.

I'm relieved that we have a quality 3rd reciever on the team. I've always supported McKnight, and I watched him when he was in Dallas. He probably won't get a lot of balls thrown at him this year, but I still think he will make an impact.

Originally posted by Gonk
I'm relieved that we have a quality 3rd reciever on the team. I've always supported McKnight, and I watched him when he was in Dallas. He probably won't get a lot of balls thrown at him this year, but I still think he will make an impact.

Gonk, the third reciever is the best reciever. Sad isn't it?

McKnight is not the best WR out there. He is in the slot and against Nickel Backs which he has a huge advtangae over in most cases. That is why I like him in the slot. Have the Speed and Possesion guy starting and then throw in another speed guy on 3rd downs.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Article on our receiver struggles. I have to agree with some of the assessment.

True quote up to now.

WRs struggle; McKnight back to force fumble

I still think Mcknight should be one of the starters, the guy's a playmaker Period.

Although I agree McKnight looked good, it was still just a pre-season game. Before anyone thinks about stirring up the starting lineup for the WR's we have to play some reg-season games.

We have to remember how good the BUM Lucas looked last pre-season. I think that same logic applies here. But I have to say I am very concerned about Chambers.

Oliver...

Re: Re: McKnight looks like the Dolphins' best receiver.

Originally posted by Oliver

Although I agree McKnight looked good, it was still just a pre-season game. Before anyone thinks about stirring up the starting lineup for the WR's we have to play some reg-season games.

We have to remember how good the BUM Lucas looked last pre-season. I think that same logic applies here. But I have to say I am very concerned about Chambers.

Oliver...

But McK was our best reciever last year. It's looking like if Chambers was in there it wouldn't even matter the way he's playing ;).

Re: Re: Re: McKnight looks like the Dolphins' best receiver.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

But McK was our best reciever last year. It's looking like if Chambers was in there it wouldn't even matter the way he's playing ;).

I agree, but until McKnight can show during the reg-season he is over his fumble problems he will never be the #1 or #2 WR. If he can control his fumble problems he has all the talent to be a #1 or #2 WR.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: McKnight looks like the Dolphins' best receiver.

Originally posted by Oliver

I agree, but until McKnight can show during the reg-season he is over his fumble problems he will never be the #1 or #2 WR. If he can control his fumble problems he has all the talent to be a #1 or #2 WR.

Oliver...

I think he showed that last year Oliver. He was our best for a reason, and remember Randy, chambers and others fumbled even more than he did, can we forget 2 years ago and let the man play like he has for the last year..it's time to give him his props..When it comes to McKnight there's always a butt, from 2 years ago, totally ignoring what he did last year.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: McKnight looks like the Dolphins' best receiver.

I think he showed that last year Oliver. He was our best for a reason, and remember Randy, chambers and others fumbled even more than he did, can we forget 2 years ago and let the man play like he has for the last year..it's time to give him his props..When it comes to McKnight there's always a butt, from 2 years ago, totally ignoring what he did last year.

Here's the problem. It’s pre-season, so it doesn't count. It helps if things continue to go well for McKnight, but nothing more for now.

As far as McKnight not fumbling as much as McMichael or anyone else I don't know, but I do remember when the Dolphins clearly built an offensive game plan around him it seems he always fumbles the ball to stop a for sure TD drive.

Remember the Bears game on MNF last year? They threw to McKnight 3 straight times to open that game and on the 3rd pass he makes a move and forgot the ball, he then fumbles a for sure TD drive at their 5-yard line. Although Fletcher INT'd the Bears just a few plays later it seems every time the Dolphins give him the playbook and a game plan he fumbles away his chance.

They did the same thing 2-years ago in the Seattle game, and he did the same thing.

I hope this year when they do that for him he handles the pressure better than he has in the past. I think the guy has all the talent in the world; he just has to make it happen by not fumbling when it counts and when the coaches make him the go to guy.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: McKnight looks like the Dolphins' best receiver.

When it comes to McKnight there's always a butt, from 2 years ago, totally ignoring what he did last year.

I had this same irrational hang up with O.J. McDuffie. I know, that's crazy as hell, but I just remember I think it was his rookie season, he fumbled a PR and it seems like he dropped a ball in his second year with us. For some reason it just stuck in my mind and I was always concerned about him fumbling. Irrational, but sometimes that stuff just sticks in your mind. McKnight's fumbles and dropped passes occurred at huge tide turning moments and it's just stuck in peoples' minds. He'll probably never be able to live down that underlying uneasiness in the collective psyche of dolfan-land.

BTW, I think he's playing better than Chambers too.

Who caught more balls and looked good doing it. The facts speak for themselves, if TC don't translate to the playing field, so what. I'm confident that the TC will start translating to the playing field once the regular season starts, but Mcknight has looked good every since last year, and he keeps on looking good. You have to admit that, if you're earnest about it.

I do agree with you about McKnight last night. I don't think he dropped anything and caught alot of stuff that nobody had any business catching, so yes, he did look good doing it. If he was just more consistent in that, then yes, he should start. He he contiues doing this, then there's no doubt he will be.

Back
Top Bottom