McKnight looks like the Dolphins' best receiver. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKnight looks like the Dolphins' best receiver.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

I do agree with you about McKnight last night. I don't think he dropped anything and caught alot of stuff that nobody had any business catching, so yes, he did look good doing it. If he was just more consistent in that, then yes, he should start. He he contiues doing this, then there's no doubt he will be.

There goes that butt again, "if he was more consistent, I remember they put in a package against chicago, 3 straight passes and he fumbled the last one, what did he do with the 3 straigth passes". Ricky fumbled a lot last year too, McMicheal put the ball on the ground at inopportuned moments last year, it even carried over to the Tampa PS game, not one word. Our D got burned a lot last year, but all we want to talk about is they were #3, it was a hollow #3, if you asked me. 2 games Minn and NE told me what they really were. Stats wouldn't erase that. And they are still in my dog house until they show they can go on the road and do what they do at home. A real #3 dominates on the road as well as home. Mcknight has been dominating for the last 15 months and yet he can't buy a pass. But our D, CC, and everyone else gets an excuses buy.

McKnight is an over 30 year old "speed" reciever. Why would u give him more and more chances to prove hes worth one of the starting positions?? They signed him years ago thinking he'd improve on his numbers as a starter which he didnt. Last year he was in the minicamps and was basically our ownly wr that was there throughout in norv's system. U'd figure advantage Mcknight to get a starting job wouldnt u? Oh wait thats right Wanny and everyone else are out to screw him right??? Yeah i guess Wanny wouldnt want the best player out on the field starting right??? He was inactive after having the most time in norv's system last year. So after this he gets a fire goin and actually starts to produce a bit. Now this year he gets blown away by Thompson in tc and is relegated to the 3rd wr spot and he makes two nice plays(one of them on special teams) in a preseason game so now hes our best wr??? Seems to me he needs to lose his job before he plays like he should, and this is from a 30 year old nfl vet :rolleyes:

Originally posted by stan marino
McKnight is an over 30 year old "speed" reciever. Why would u give him more and more chances to prove hes worth one of the starting positions?? They signed him years ago thinking he'd improve on his numbers as a starter which he didnt. Last year he was in the minicamps and was basically our ownly wr that was there throughout in norv's system. U'd figure advantage Mcknight to get a starting job wouldnt u? Oh wait thats right Wanny and everyone else are out to screw him right??? Yeah i guess Wanny wouldnt want the best player out on the field starting right??? He was inactive after having the most time in norv's system last year. So after this he gets a fire goin and actually starts to produce a bit. Now this year he gets blown away by Thompson in tc and is relegated to the 3rd wr spot and he makes two nice plays(one of them on special teams) in a preseason game so now hes our best wr??? Seems to me he needs to lose his job before he plays like he should, and this is from a 30 year old nfl vet :rolleyes:

Sure better then Chambers with "tons of potential" if he can't step it up.

I agree McKnight is a good third string....and CC does need to step it up.

Because McKnight was bar far our BEST WR last year, and to this point has had one of the better pre-seasons.

They have to give Chambers every opportunity to be a success, but at some point reality may have to set in. To this point Chambers BEST year has been when he was a #2 WR who stretched the field with his speed. He may simply be incapable of being a #1 WR.

Oliver...

As for McKnight having one of the better preseasons, didnt he just lose the starting job this very preseason? As for Mcknight in the preseason game wasnt he against a nickelback, so couldnt the same thinking be applied to Mcknight that he cant be a consistent starter either? Facts are all our wr's are unproven. Facts are McKnight keeps getting smoked by other wr's in tc. The list includes Chambers, OG, Ward, Thompson. IMO McKnight wasnt our best wr last year even though Chambers struggled. The guy is fine to bring off the bench but hes a 31 year old vet that has had his oppurtunities already and the team has basically moved on. I think its a rarity that a wr would come on late in his career to achieve his potential. Especially a speed wr, that is only goin to slow down with age.

Uhmm actually Ward passed McKnight in the depth chart last year in tc just like i said. Read the post again its pretty straight forward.

McKnight is a very solid reciever for us. We are a better team with him then without him.

Uhmm actually Ward passed McKnight in the depth chart last year in tc just like i said. Read the post again its pretty straight forward.

I guess I'm just saying I don't see how..

Ward wasn't too good.

Originally posted by Den54
McKnight is a very solid reciever for us. We are a better team with him then without him.

Agreed, I'm glad he's with us. Stan, he gets passed TC, because Coach Wanny is like you, remembers 2 years ago and haven't forgiven him, been trying to cut him for not taking a pay cut, but all Mcknight does in a game is just mades plays. It was a smart move on his part not to take a pay cut. He will earn his salary on the field. Just keeps making plays, apparently he's not a good practicer, gets passed because the coaches want to past him, not because he doesn't show up in a game. He's a much better #3 than last years #3 and right now playing better than our #1. But the man can't catch a break from the fans or the coaches. but he just keeps on making plays. That's why he's won me over, by his play and the fact he's mentally hung in there despite all the efforts of the coaches to replace him and demote him. He keeps showing up on the field. That's what counts. Plus it's hard to get rid of 4.25 speed. Wow.

wow, you guys are in big trouble at the WR position...McKnight, Thompson, and Chambers?...the question isn't "who's the best"...it's "who's not the worst?"

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
wow, you guys are in big trouble at the WR position...McKnight, Thompson, and Chambers?...the question isn't "who's the best"...it's "who's not the worst?"

Trouble maker :D

Wow MD ur still goin off the conspiracy theorie...i guess Wanny woundt wan thte best wr out there in a year he has to prove himself eh? He can keep proving himself after the fact all he wants but its just goin to land him a back up role.

Back
Top Bottom