McMichael should he get a new deal? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMichael should he get a new deal?

infiltrateib said:
No one seems to realize how good Donald Lee could be with good coaching.

The kid can block and really wouldn't be a massive dropoff from Randy if he got his head on straight. He can be a better blocker than McMichael (he was before, but Randy has improved that aspect of his game) and isn't as athletic but is absolutely talented.

But yes, he drops balls, gets called for holding, and makes dumb mistakes. I'd like to see Saban whip him into shape.

I've stated before that I like Randy and he's valuable... but I would not pay him like a top 3 TE because he isn't one. He's a playmaker, a reliable first-down guy and he has to be accounted for, but he's also inconsistent and TE is not a position you lock up millions of millions of dollars in. I'd pay him like #5, because I'd say he's between #7 and #5 right now and is worth the money if he improves consistency. I like that he's vocal, also.

Up to Saban.

i agree that Lee has some ability and good coaching certainly cant hurt. he literally made a mistake everytime he stepped on the field. If you think Lee will improve, then i think McMichael surtainly will with Saban

I feel we should re-sign Randy Michael to a long term deal before this season. If he ends up having another great season which I'm really hoping for, his asking price come Free Agency will be too much and he'll end up going to another team for a big fat contract. He's been a huge part of our offense and I think he should prove to continue to be a huge part of our offense. If it wasn't for Antonio Gates jumping into the spotlight last year, I think McMichael would have been there with Tony Gonzales in Honolulu on the AFC Pro Bowl roster. I think it's crucial to try to re-sign him to a long term contract like we did with Chambers while we still can.

If it comes down to it, we can franchise him after the season. TE's don't really get any money.

I think we have to keep this guy. Him, Chambers and now Brown make a nice young core for us to build our offense around.

nobody should be signed to anything until this season is over - who knows if any player on this team fits sabans style and agenda and produces until this year is over - throw last year out - i don't care about talent or potential - and i don't care about zach or jt's stats or past history - there is a new plan now and our players need to fit into this plan and produce or goodbye - personally i think randy can be a stud but let's see how he looks after this season - if he is worth a long term contract, great - if not, then he can go somewhere else and so can the rest of our veterans

this WILL be randy's best season, in linehan's new offesnse, i say we negotiate a long term contract BEFORE he puts up pro bowl #s!!!

d-day said:
nobody should be signed to anything until this season is over - who knows if any player on this team fits sabans style and agenda and produces until this year is over - throw last year out - i don't care about talent or potential - and i don't care about zach or jt's stats or past history - there is a new plan now and our players need to fit into this plan and produce or goodbye - personally i think randy can be a stud but let's see how he looks after this season - if he is worth a long term contract, great - if not, then he can go somewhere else and so can the rest of our veterans

i don't think saban will extend/resign till maybe mid season. He will want to get a good evaluation of thim before he forks out a bunch of money for him.

byroan said:
His performance this season will determine whether or not he returns to the team. I hope he goes out and plays great. I wouldn't want to see him leave and go to another team. We all know what he is capable of doing.

Exactly. His play really dropped off last year towards the end of the season. He needs to step it up.

SpeedRush99 said:
Exactly. His play really dropped off last year towards the end of the season. He needs to step it up.

its really unfair to judge a guys performance when a team already has earned one of the top picks of the draft. I mean you can say is play dropped off, but no matter how good the player, when you're teams only won so very little games i don't think anyones gonna go out there and give their best performace.

I love McMike, I hope he continues to improve. If he does that, he should get a contract extension without question.

Back
Top Bottom