McMichael should he get a new deal? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMichael should he get a new deal?

Jimmy James said:
You can use this year's cap to cover the cost now. As far as Randy's personal life goes, there is no indication he has failed to do what you suggest.

It hasn't even been a year since Randy was arrested for felony battery on his pregnant wife. I'd call that a red flag on his personal life. I'd like to see him get thru the pressures of camp and worrying about a contract extension without getting into trouble again. Do that and then talk deal.

This guy isn't Randy Moss but we need to keep are good players at the skill positions, Nuff said..

He is essential to our offence and Feeleys future progression IMO.

We do not know where he fits in this new sistem, I know Linehan is going to set it, but Saban still has the right to last call, and i have never really seen any Saban teams, so I don't know (and MexDolfan, how can you know, they never show collegefootball in Mexico) I think he is great, but i think even if we start contract talks now, he is not going to be easy at all to sign, especially if Rosenhaus is the agent.

IMO he's a top 5 TE, and he's an offensive threat for us. This year just might be a make or break year for him. I hope he does well, b/c I love him on our team. He brings an attitude I think our offense definitely needs

If we end up waiting until Free Agency and do not re-sign him and end up putting the Franchise Tag on him... Does anyone think that he will hold out? And if he does I think it's safe to say we'll get trade him away if we could?

painnotpleasure said:
If we end up waiting until Free Agency and do not re-sign him and end up putting the Franchise Tag on him... Does anyone think that he will hold out? And if he does I think it's safe to say we'll get trade him away if we could?

i don't think he'll hold out like ogunleye did cause he didn't play for saban before, he gotta kind of still prove himself..If it was wanny in charge, maybe though

HysterikiLL said:
Personally I think McMike is underrated. I've seen him choke in the crunch. I think it's becoming more and more evident that he'll struggle to pan out a dominant career and Saban may let him go given his demands -- having said that, I do think he's light years ahead of anything else we have available at the TE.

Imo he was one of the few bright spots on the team! if Feeley was judged as harshly as Mcmichael (and the few mistakes he made) nobody would want him around.

DolphinsRising said:
It hasn't even been a year since Randy was arrested for felony battery on his pregnant wife. I'd call that a red flag on his personal life. I'd like to see him get thru the pressures of camp and worrying about a contract extension without getting into trouble again. Do that and then talk deal.

That's funny. I wouldn't:

Assistant State Attorney Brian Trehy said Tuesday he would not pursue charges against McMichael and his wife because the facts of the case probably would not have resulted in a conviction in a jury trial.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=1851618

There is a reason the standard of proof is guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

More?

McMichael told sheriff's investigators he had been out drinking with friends. After arriving home, he became ill in a downstairs bathroom when his wife came in and began yelling at him, according to the state attorney's office.

McMichael told investigators his wife hit him with her hand and she fell to the ground when he pushed her.

"He was just simply pushing her away, and not with any great force, per Cawanna's statement," Trehy said.

I REFUSE to see a man's name dragged through the mud for what has been sworn to be no worse than anything that has gone on in the majority of the homes of the members here.

Back
Top Bottom