McMike demanding huge contract

markman05 said:
TE Rank:

1.Antonio Gates
2.Tony Gonzalez
3.Todd Heap
4.Alge Crumpler
5.Randy McMichael
How can you rate Todd Heap at #3 when he was out for most of the season!? I mean he's a valuable player but he hardly PLAYED this year.

Is this guy asking to get traded?
I mean, does he really think that Saban is going to make him the highest paid tight end in the league. You've got to be kidding me.

DolfanNJ said:
Is this guy asking to get traded?
I mean, does he really think that Saban is going to make him the highest paid tight end in the league. You've got to be kidding me.

What a great way to make an Impression if you ask me :shakeno:

NIMA said:
How can you rate Todd Heap at #3 when he was out for most of the season!? I mean he's a valuable player but he hardly PLAYED this year.

This is an easy question to answer; When rating a player you rate them through talent and consistency when on the field. Clearly Heap has proven to be a great TE. An injury cannot take that away from him. For instance; when asking to rank Running Backs, you cant simply leave Priest Holmes out of the Top five because he only played 8 out of 16 games. Thats just not accurate.

i love mcmike but hes not all-pro...not yet...hes good but he is not better than...gonzo....crumpler.....gates....but hes not that far back ...he wants big money then see ya...just give boston some(more) steroids let him be the tight end.....j/k

markman05 said:
For instance; when asking to rank Running Backs, you cant simply leave Priest Holmes out of the Top five because he only played 8 out of 16 games. Thats just not accurate.
That's because Priest showed us that he was the leading running back with TDs and top five with rushing yards by the time he was injured. Heap basically didn't touch the ball all season.

This reeks of Rosenhaus. I just hope we nip this thing in the bud early. The last thing I want is another drawn out O-gun situation as last year. If anything, it means Donald Lee will get a lot of practice time though. I would rather let Randy sit out a year than trade him to be honest. Let him sit on the bench, gain a rep as a malcontent and have ZERO stats for a year and then try to fetch that high contract next year.

I think Drew is testing Saban to see how where he will stand in further negotiations. Perosnally, I think this will be resolved sooner, rather than later.

NIMA said:
That's because Priest showed us that he was the leading running back with TDs and top five with rushing yards by the time he was injured. Heap basically didn't touch the ball all season.
::Sigh:: When i post on a subject about McMichael, im not trying to get into a debate about Todd Heap. However, sometimes you must expect the unexpected. So if you want to use that Priest played more or what not, i can see what your saying. Here is a list of players that did not play as much as other players in the league but cannot be ranked any lower bcuz of that: Stephen Davis, Steve Smith, Anquon Boldin, Steve McNair, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher, LaVar Arrington, Ty Law, Ahmed Plummer, Lance Schulters. These players are among the best at ther positions (and no, that doesnt necessarily mean top 5) So if i was ranking players i cannot dismiss them simply because they were lost to injury. Some players are just better than others.

So let me spell out what i was trying to state before. No matter how you want to rank players, Heap is a better option than McMichael, So is Gates, Gonzalez, and Crumpler. And a few others may be debateable. My point being this: McMichael isnt the leagues top TE, therefore it makes no sense to pay him as if he was.

Megatron said:
I think we would have let Ogun sit if the Ricky thing hadn't happened. Memories are selective on this site.
In what way are you refering to my selective memory, or are you not refering to my post?

I remeber the situation. The fact is Rosenhaus got us to trade. If it wasn't for him, do you think Ogun would have been traded?

Ricky boned us but the point i'm trying to get across is when a player is under contract, his agent shouldn't be calling the shots. Players should honor their contracts. If McMike gets a contract by saying he deserves it and we give it to him cause we are afraid he may hold out what will stop the next player in his shoes from doing the same thing?

McMike needs to play football alot better than what hes done to even think about a raise, The way hes played , he needs to pay back the dolphins some money.

Where is Rich22? He is trying to convince me that McMike is better and has more fire than Gates? If he was GM and had a choice between the 2, he picks McMike. Rich, where are you?

Gates is arguably the best TE in the game. I can't be a homer that bad.

Jaj said:
Gates is arguably the best TE in the game. I can't be a homer that bad.
But Jaj, you have Homer as your sig, ya HOMER! ;-)

Max Powers! :roflmao:

Beautiful... Ya got me... Chughhh Chugh Cughhhh (Falls over and dies)

Back
Top Bottom