McMike demanding huge contract | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMike demanding huge contract

Jimi said:
Which list? The list of TE's who have so much potential but have never been able to translate it on the field wether it be inconsitency or injury...?

O he was #1 on that list i think.
Exactly... He flat out sucks. He made one big play in his career, and it happened to come in the pre-season when he ran over some Texan (Glenn?). Ever since he had all this hype. I also remember him dropping two TD passes vs. San Fran in the playoffs. He's all talk.

First off, that yahoo comment was one sentence and displays nothing more then his hopes. We've all heard that before during the off-season. I think people are making it to be bigger then it is. Also, it would be hard for Miami to let him go because Leinhan uses a lot of 2 TE sets, and he would be key.

It's going to take a lot more then one blurb to get me thinking irrational...

Disgustipate said:
Whoa, whoa, I think everyone needs to sit down and actually do something like think before you start yelling "Trade him".

You guys are getting VERY worked up over a 5 paragraph blurb section that didnt even warrant bullets in the article. Do you really think if McMichael was DEMANDING a huge contract it wouldnt be bigger news then it is? Do you think farking YAHOO would break the story? Newsflash: Yahoo doesnt have reporters. Where did they get this from?

Odds are, he's going to want a top 5 contract. That's reasonable, he is a top 5 TE in the league, and was a close 2nd to Antonio Gates for most of the season, until Bates took over and used him as a blocker.

McMichael is being critisized for dropping balls when he wasnt being used the way he was susposed to. When Bates took over, McMichael started blocking most of the time. When he DID go out for the pass, he was running different routes and being used as a checkdown reciever. McMichael isnt someone who should be running releases and spending most of his time making sure a DE doesnt take your LT wide. What Bates had McMichael do was best for our OFFENSE, but was not what was the best use for McMichael himself.

from what I have read about linehan adjusting his offense to his players,(randy moss) i think that next year we wont have to worry about things like that. that said... I cant wait to see what next year has in store.... :cooldude:

Drfletcherdc said:
Too bad we can't cut the agent. I think Randy will be back at a fair amount.
Eh, maybe...but with Rosenweasel as his agent, it'll be a long and drawn out catfight to get him to re-sign at less than the current Gross National Product (ala Ogun :shakeno: ).

What was Crumplers contract? He will probably get something a little less that what he signed for imo

Randy is a very good player and one of our offensive gems. Unfortunately, he doesn't deserve the money he is asking for. I guess If he demands that we must let him go, whether we like it or not, although since he is a young gun from within the system I have a feeling Saban will sign him.

He still has one year left on his contract, he is in no position to make any demands or requests. If he wants a new contract he takes the one we give him or he plays out his current one. That being said i wouldn't be against paying him like a top 5 TE. I would however like him to play out his contract because his value has a better chance to decrease then increase.

Whats the worst he can do to us, sit the year out? I doubt that cause it would kill all his value for the following year. That agent of his makes demands all of the time.

His pig of an agent bluffed us last year with Ogun and we folded. If he tries it again this year with McMike i say let him sit. Prove we will make our players play out their contracts and then we won't be facing this situation again. Untill we do that we be walked all over.

Saint_Nick said:
He still has one year left on his contract, he is in no position to make any demands or requests. If he wants a new contract he takes the one we give him or he plays out his current one. That being said i wouldn't be against paying him like a top 5 TE. I would however like him to play out his contract because his value has a better chance to decrease then increase.

Whats the worst he can do to us, sit the year out? I doubt that cause it would kill all his value for the following year. That agent of his makes demands all of the time.

His pig of an agent bluffed us last year with Ogun and we folded. If he tries it again this year with McMike i say let him sit. Prove we will make our players play out their contracts and then we won't be facing this situation again. Untill we do that we be walked all over.
I think we would have let Ogun sit if the Ricky thing hadn't happened. Memories are selective on this site.

How dumb can NFL players be? I would be more than happy to play football for the very minimum.

tartan y fronts said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcTFhbmEwBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0bQ--?slug=cr-postsuperbowlplans013005&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

according to yahoo!sports randy mcmichael is "hoping to sign a contract extension that would make him the highest-paid player at his position".

he's a good player, but clearly not worth that kind of money. he's not earned it yet. could this be the start of another ogunleye sitch?

article also has some interesting comments on travis henry - not many positive.

he is good so trade him!!!!! he isn't worth that kind of money! he can't block for a da@n and drops passes when they count the most........no TE is worth that much in our new OC system anyway. it is his da@n agent feeding him bull!!!!!

Crumpler signed a 6 year extension, a 27 million dollar contract with 10 million of guaranteed money. 4.5 million/year for a TE? Like McMichael but that seems a very big contract for the TE position, might be better to franchise or transition tag him.
A high estimate for the top 5 TE's is probably 4 million. Know we wouldn't get the immediate salary cap benefits of paying Randy bonus money, but could be a better long term move than paying him such a big contract.

"hoping to sign a contract extension that would make him the highest-paid player at his position".
A comment like that can't be easily dismissed. Sure, he never said he's expecting to be the highest paid TE in the league but he sure is implying that he's going to be near the top in $.
Definitely not a good sign coming from someone w/questionable blocking and complains as soon as he doesn't have a few balls thrown to him.

He is just saying what anyone would say, I hope I get a big raise too.

In no way do we work out an extension for him this year.

This is not good tho, this guy needs to be here atleast the next 2 years.
If he has a good year, he may demand big money. DO we want to pay 3 mil a year for a TE?

Lets hope we can use a tag on him next year, at least.

Back
Top Bottom