McMike demanding huge contract | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMike demanding huge contract

miamirw said:
That is exactly right. I would offer him a take it or leave it extension that makes him the 5th highest paid tight end. Something similar but a little less than Algae Crumpler's deal.

I'd rank the tight ends as follows:

1. Antonio Gates
2. Algae Crumpler
3. Tony Gonzales
4. Todd Heap
5. Randy McMichael
Exactly correct, no way we offer him higher than Crumpler's deal he got this year....

Wow, some of you are already disscusing what value(in picks) we would get for Randy. I can't believe after one article, you are ready to ship him off. He will re-sign, and it won't be that huge of a contract(it will be big, but not huge).

I was quite worried when I opened this thread that I would be in the minority.
No way does Randy deserve that type of contract.
I wouldn't mind trading him at all. How long do you give a guy to live up to the hype? I believe we could grab a 1st for him, especially w/ a lack of high potential TE's in this draft.
Bring back Ferrell Edmunds! A TE that actually catches the ball and blocks!

so u all wanna trade him now...rofl....u guys really are good gms </sarcasam>

Nublar7 said:
Wow, some of you are already disscusing what value(in picks) we would get for Randy. I can't believe after one article, you are ready to ship him off. He will re-sign, and it won't be that huge of a contract(it will be big, but not huge).
It was actually one sentence.

tomas101 said:
so u all wanna trade him now...rofl....u guys really are good gms </sarcasam>
That was the Peanut Gallery report by tomas101.:roflmao:

Megatron said:
No way McMike deserves this payday after this year. I wish he did deserve it because he's one of my favorite Dolphins.
McMike was off during some games but overall had a good year. He led the team with 73 receptions. His problem is that when he ran his mouth he didn't deliver. He was still the best offensive player on the Dolphins this past season. I would love to see him get his contract but I don't see it happening. Any money freed up needs to go to FA and the draft. I also can't see Saban wanting to allow such a huge contract.

PhinDude88 said:
I think that you might want to change demanding to hoping. In the artcle it only says that he is hoping to be the highest paid TE.

my thoughts exatly, this is how rumors get started...

:shakeno:

Megatron said:
Where was Shockey on that list?
Which list? The list of TE's who have so much potential but have never been able to translate it on the field wether it be inconsitency or injury...?

O he was #1 on that list i think.

I've been thinking for a while now that Mcmike will be gone soon anyway. When he came into the league he thought he was the best T.E. in the NFL, and he has proved that he's pretty good, so it doesn't surprise me in the least bit that he wants a fortune. That, and the fact that we can't afford to keep ALL of our good players, and it makes good sense that he's gone in the near future

Look the guy is good, but he hasnt had the type of year...yet...to ask for that. hopefully next year he will.

Whoa, whoa, I think everyone needs to sit down and actually do something like think before you start yelling "Trade him".

You guys are getting VERY worked up over a 5 paragraph blurb section that didnt even warrant bullets in the article. Do you really think if McMichael was DEMANDING a huge contract it wouldnt be bigger news then it is? Do you think farking YAHOO would break the story? Newsflash: Yahoo doesnt have reporters. Where did they get this from?

Odds are, he's going to want a top 5 contract. That's reasonable, he is a top 5 TE in the league, and was a close 2nd to Antonio Gates for most of the season, until Bates took over and used him as a blocker.

McMichael is being critisized for dropping balls when he wasnt being used the way he was susposed to. When Bates took over, McMichael started blocking most of the time. When he DID go out for the pass, he was running different routes and being used as a checkdown reciever. McMichael isnt someone who should be running releases and spending most of his time making sure a DE doesnt take your LT wide. What Bates had McMichael do was best for our OFFENSE, but was not what was the best use for McMichael himself.

Back
Top Bottom