McShay has the Dolphins trading down with Carolina and taking Smith at #8 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McShay has the Dolphins trading down with Carolina and taking Smith at #8

I’m taking the most I can get, but I am trading down if possible as long as we get what the value chart says we should get.

Trade value chart says #3 for #8, #39, and a 2022 second round pick.
Not every team follows the trade chart. If team trading up believes in that player then adding 2022 1st and 2nd shouldn’t be an issue, shoot they can even ask for 4th or 5th in return as well.

Whatever it takes, get that deal worked out.

It’s been how many years since we had multiple firsts? Let alone 3 years in a row. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s happened maybe only once or twice before, let alone in modern history.

Don’t sleep on the Lions or Eagles to make a big offer too.

Im waving my lottery ticket at all the teams without a QB. Come and get one.

In a perfect world, we make two such trades and remain in the top 10.

Last edited:
I guess y’all are ok picking at #3 then, because if I’m Carolina I am not giving more than what the chart says. I’d just stay at #8 and pick Mac Jones or call the Falcons and offer them the same deal.
If Carolina's ok with Jones then they wouldn't even make an offer to us. if they want to come up is because the guy they really want won't be there at 8.

I guess y’all are ok picking at #3 then, because if I’m Carolina I am not giving more than what the chart says. I’d just stay at #8 and pick Mac Jones or call the Falcons and offer them the same deal.

The chart is just a simple guideline and has become very outdated since the revamping of rookie contracts. It is basically a internet tool to give folks an idea of what value each pick is worth. But the value of the pick is worth more depending on what position is available and what teams are involved.

You still have to deal with other teams and their offers . . . and there will be more teams when quarterbacks are involved.

Carolina says they will not give you a 2022 first but offers 2022 second, you staying at #3?

Thats my reaction too. If WR is the target and one doesn't stand head and shoulders above the rest, you take what you can get and move to 8. One of the big 3 WR's will be there at 8, and if they aren't, that means Pitts and Parsons are. Also would mean one of the top 4 QB's is still out there and you may be able to grab another high pick to drop a few slots and still pick up a stud. That might present the ultimate win-win. What are the odds we could accumulate a 2021 2nd and maybe two 2022 1sts and still end up with one of the top 3 WR's or Pitts? Doesn't feel impossible to me.

I think this all comes down to whether Miami loves a player, be it one of the WR or even Sewell/Parsons. If they don't, I think they have a ton of options to accumulate picks.

If Smith is the only one of Pitts, Waddle, Chase and him left then yes that's what I would do also, but he's 4th on my list of the blue chip receivers right now.
I agree. Smith is overrated and the others listed are preferable.

Back
Top Bottom