Media reaction to Tua's performance | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Media reaction to Tua's performance

šŸ‘šŸ‘

I never care what they say, how they rank, or why they say it. I check them out only want to know the latest trade rumors and such because some of them do have access that we don't have.
That being said, today is slow news day, I give it a whirl.

Agree. Trade rumors and trade details are about the only time to take media pundits seriously.

You are exactly right, thatā€™s exactly what heā€™s doing. Itā€™s a tactic he uses frequently so he doesnā€™t have to admit he was wrong about anything.

Whatā€™s funny is he doesnā€™t seem to realize that many are smart enough to see it. Or heā€™s just super fixated on fooling the ignorant.

CC is on faux

I like Justin Herbert, and I have no issue with the Chargers.
As far as Herbert goes- he didn't win a whole lot. Numbers are nice, but if he can win and put up those numbers, then that's another thing.
If he can't, are people just going to continue to make excuses for him, why the Chargers are still losing? "Can't be Herbert, blah blah, look at those numbers."
Not to be sacrilegious, but look at Marino's numbers after 1984- from 1986 till 1989. Sick, sick numbers, no playoff appearances from '86-89.
And Marino only really came close to matching 1984 once, in 1986, and no playoffs.
So, where is Herbert's ceiling? Will film on him studied in the off-season knock him down a peg?
I am very interested in seeing how Herbert does this year- not in a competition with Tua sort of way, but to see if Herbert is a flash in the pan or not, or maybe a little less than first suspected.
Remember RGIII.

Look, he doesnā€™t play defense or special teams. It would be nice if the team won one or both of them. What Tua needs to do is play well in those two games and not be the reason why we lose them if we do. However, Iā€™m Going to judge Tua after the entire season. Not knee jerk after two games. I expect him to play well early on in the season and improve and get even better as the season goes on.

I predict 12 wins.
I agree. Except I ain't gonna lie. I don't think I can wait an entire season to judge Tua or the rest of the team, for that matter. I try to be patient, but I will need to see steady improvement as we go along, or I will probably get discouraged. As long as we are well prepared, competitive, and play well, I can handle a loss even though I won't be happy about it. It's when we come out flat, show no heart, and have guys who look like they are here just to collect a check that I get ticked off. Thankfully we haven't seen that so far with Flores as HC. I don't think he could tolerate it either. Hopefully, those days are behind us. Go fins! Woot!

I like Justin Herbert, and I have no issue with the Chargers.
As far as Herbert goes- he didn't win a whole lot. Numbers are nice, but if he can win and put up those numbers, then that's another thing.
If he can't, are people just going to continue to make excuses for him, why the Chargers are still losing? "Can't be Herbert, blah blah, look at those numbers."
Not to be sacrilegious, but look at Marino's numbers after 1984- from 1986 till 1989. Sick, sick numbers, no playoff appearances from '86-89.
And Marino only really came close to matching 1984 once, in 1986, and no playoffs.
So, where is Herbert's ceiling? Will film on him studied in the off-season knock him down a peg?
I am very interested in seeing how Herbert does this year- not in a competition with Tua sort of way, but to see if Herbert is a flash in the pan or not, or maybe a little less than first suspected.
Remember RGIII.
Too early to say. Hebert and Tua are two different QB, like Favre and Brees. Machete vs scalpel.
When its all said and done, Hebert could end up with all the stats and Tua ends up with more rings.

I can't entirely agree with Kyle Brandt on the NFL channel's Good Morning Football, where he said that Tua needs to win at least one of our first two games. Yes, I want to win both games, but I want to see why we lost before the media and their knives come out for Tua if we don't. That kind of journalism doesn't make sense to me. There could be a defensive breakdown or a busted play that gives the game away. How would that be Tua's fault? I will be the first to express my disappointment if he fails to rise to the challenge and totally stinks it up. Let's see how he plays first, shall we?
Good point. I know Miami has gotten off to slow starts in the first two seasons under Flores. But clearly, the Dolphins were in transition.

An 0-2 would be disappointing, but agree Tua could play great and the team could lose.

I guess I can say that I'm not surprised how hypocritical these guys are in their assessments, as well as always trying to cover their bases. But I'd really like to see a list of all them that predicted Justin Herbert was going to be a superstar in this league, already putting into the same level as Mahomes and Brady gtfoh. Takes like these just reminded me why I don't watch ESPN hardly anymore, it must be nice to have a job that you can just consider a lot of different scenarios to why a team may be successful and run with one of them if it ends up coming to fruition.
Right. The scouting reports on Herbert were pretty mixed. Strong arm, athletic, accuracy issues. Even his leadership was questioned, as was the system he played in.

Glad things worked out well for Herbert as a rookie, but I think the media needs to pump the breaks a little bit.

Saying Miami should have taken Herbert over Tua after one year is a little premature IMO. Not sure that will be the narrative for long.

I have nothing against Herbert either. No question, he is promising.
We don't like it here. What they say make sense from their perspective thou.

Too early to say. Hebert and Tua are two different QB, like Favre and Brees. Machete vs scalpel.
When its all said and done, Hebert could end up with all the stats and Tua ends up with more rings.
That's what I think as well. Tua and the Dolphins will win multiple titles!

Back
Top Bottom