Media reaction to Tua's performance | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Media reaction to Tua's performance

All these media outlets are only good for watching live sports nowadays. Pregame and post game shows suck, halftime shows suck, why do we need 6 geezers bumbling over each other for 30 seconds of highlights?

All they talk about leading up to a game is about fantasy crap. Or show only the highlights of the star player on the losing team. Like last year when Miami won in Arizona the only highlights were of Kyler Murray.

I think those are fair evaluations overall. I'm not ready to crown Herbert as a super star, but he had a great rookie year. At the same time, Herbert clearly had more talent around him than Tua on the offensive side.

The Phil Simms comparison, I can live with. Simms won a lot of games, didn't make mistakes, accurate etc.

Also, agree that Miami has to at least come out 1-1 with the two first games against New England and Buffalo.

Let's see what happens. I can see the narrative changing pretty quickly if Tua has a great season.
For what? To prove that Tua is a franchise QB? I think that's the point that Kyle Brandt was trying to make. I just don't buy that. No one tried to put that on Josh Allen at the start of his second season. I mean, if Tua doesn't beat New England on opening day on the road or a legitimate super bowl contender Buffalo in week two, the book is written on Tua's viability? No way. What if he plays well and they still lose? What does that say about Tua?

All these media outlets are only good for watching live sports nowadays. Pregame and post game shows suck, halftime shows suck, why do we need 6 geezers bumbling over each other for 30 seconds of highlights?

All they talk about leading up to a game is about fantasy crap. Or show only the highlights of the star player on the losing team. Like last year when Miami won in Arizona the only highlights were of Kyler Murray.
And they're awful at that too.

Too early to say. Hebert and Tua are two different QB, like Favre and Brees. Machete vs scalpel.
When its all said and done, Hebert could end up with all the stats and Tua ends up with more rings.
Yep, the Chargers old QB Rivers is a perfect example of a stat guy who could not win big games. Tua beat Hebert head to head last year as well.

So the jury will still be out if Tua and his team beat New England 10-6, with 165 yards and two picks in an ugly defensive struggle, then Tua and his team lose 38-24 to Buffalo, with 310 yards, 3 TDS and a pick? At least he split those games.

I agree. Except I ain't gonna lie. I don't think I can wait an entire season to judge Tua or the rest of the team, for that matter. I try to be patient, but I will need to see steady improvement as we go along, or I will probably get discouraged. As long as we are well prepared, competitive, and play well, I can handle a loss even though I won't be happy about it. It's when we come out flat, show no heart, and have guys who look like they are here just to collect a check that I get ticked off. Thankfully we haven't seen that so far with Flores as HC. I don't think he could tolerate it either. Hopefully, those days are behind us. Go fins! Woot!
We’ll know before the end of the season for sure.

For what? To prove that Tua is a franchise QB? I think that's the point that Kyle Brandt was trying to make. I just don't buy that. No one tried to put that on Josh Allen at the start of his second season. I mean, if Tua doesn't beat New England on opening day on the road or a legitimate super bowl contender Buffalo in week two, the book is written on Tua's viability? No way. What if he plays well and they still lose? What does that say about Tua?
I would say Tua has to play well, but wins are still dependent on the team.

On the other hand, an 0-2 start for the team might be hard to overcome in a stacked AFC.

Back
Top Bottom