Meet Minkah | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meet Minkah

So Minkah at FS and slot? I wonder if we use TJ at lb at all? We're thin there if we don't

Well... I Called it.. All of you were thinking LB/QB and I knew we had more safeties visits than LB's and QB's combined.

Love the pick! Every draft lately there seems to be a DB guy who is just lights-out talented football player. Guys like Honeybadger, Marcus Peters, and this year I saw that guy being Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Minkah is a guy with size and speed, length and explosion, hitting and tackling, intelligence and vocal leadership, ability to play in the box and up top as a true free safety, as a pass rusher and my favorite, a guy who can produce takeaways. We need those.

He is a guy who can play slot and greatly improve our coverage of TE's, coverage of shifty slot WR's, tackling in the passing game and run game, and provides a lot of versatility. Scheme-wise, he can float between interchangeable safety like we prefer to use while giving us another good box solution and really our only true single-high safety, but he can seamlessly shift into a nickel slot or dime coverage LB. This is a fantastic pick. While I was not a fan of Jabril Peppers, Minkah Fitzpatrick is a guy who can legitimately play NB, FS, SS, and LB allowing us to shift defensive looks without changing personnel. Love it. And, it really opens up our ability to play TJ McDonald as a LB.

Super pick. Finally, we stayed in the sweet spot and took the best player available who also very nicely fit our needs with versatility to cover multiple problems we have. A+ pick, love the person, love the player, love the pick.

Can anyone give a good comparison? Honeybadger? Sounds like everyone is thinking we got great value with him at 11

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom