Mel says Rivers is rising | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel says Rivers is rising

rafael

Hall Of Famer
Club Member
Reaction score
I heard on ESPN radio, Dan Patrick Show, I think, repeating what Mel Kiper had said "that Rivers was now a top 15 pick and that Pitt was looking at taking him at #11". Also, Mel said "that Rivers was now being considered by some as the same level as Manning and Ben R."

I had told somebody that they were dreaming if they thought Rivers was top 15. It appears that it may instead be my nightmare. Here's hoping he drops at the combine.

Looks like we are screwed. If Pitt doesnt take him, Buffalo might. Im not going to out my hopes up anymore. If Rivers is not available just draft Losman.

I don't want Losman at all.If we get a pick for ogun then we better use it on Rivers and not wait till the 20th pick or he'll be gone.I think Losman is trouble in the making. I'd rather take a good o-lineman and a WR in the 1st if Rivers is gone and take our chances with someone in the 3rd round at QB than to waste a 1st round pick in a cancer like Losman.

Ozzy rules!!

Ogunleye is our last hope now. If we get a high enough pick, we can leapfrog Buffalo to draft Rivers

I don't mind Losman, but frankly I have my hopes set on Rivers. I feel that there are 3 top QBs now and any other QB not in that group would be a let down.

If true, but I doubt it(him being a top 15 pick, not the report itself), all I can say is good. Let some other team blow a top 20 pick on him.

Originally posted by SMadison29
If true, but I doubt it(him being a top 15 pick, not the report itself), all I can say is good. Let some other team blow a top 20 pick on him.

Yea right, "blow a pick".... on a dude who has NEVER lost a bowl ga,me... a dude who has never NOT been the MVP of a bowl game... A dude who set the NCAA rookie passing record, a dude who has a quick delivery, a strong arm, great pocket presense and leadership skills...

Did he steal your girlfriend in Highschool or run over your dog or something? Did he say something nasty about your mother? What's up 29, why do you hate him?

I believe I posted last night on a thread that Pittsburgh would take a QB. I don't think they will take Rivers, I think that they will trade up with Arizona and take Ben Roethlesberger. We will get Rivers if that's whta the FO wants.

It's been obvious for weeks that SMadison29 doesn't want'like Rivers, so he will be against any post/thread that has to do with him.

Originally posted by 13isgr81
Yea right, "blow a pick".... on a dude who has NEVER lost a bowl ga,me... a dude who has never NOT been the MVP of a bowl game... A dude who set the NCAA rookie passing record, a dude who has a quick delivery, a strong arm, great pocket presense and leadership skills...

I don't know what Philip Rivers fairy tale you've read but it's wrong. He has not won every Bowl game he played in & he has not been the MVP of every Bowl Game. He lost the 2001 Tangerine Bowl his sophomore year to Pittsburgh & Antonio Bryant was named MVP of that game.

Back
Top Bottom