Merged: 2006 Miami Dolphins Schedule | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: 2006 Miami Dolphins Schedule

Will the phins play on Thanksgiving Day in 2006

• Yes

Votes: 68 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 26.1%

• Total voters
dolfanben said:
i have been trying to figure out who we will be playing next year before the NFL releases the opponents

as near as i can tell, it looks like it will be pretty favorable... i have put estimations on the degree of toughness next to each opponent as well (scale of 1-10)

NOTE= we dont know who our 1 oppenent from the afc north is or our 1 from the afc west, so there are 14 games

@ New England (9)
New England (7)
@NY Jets (9)
NY Jets (7)
@Buffalo (9)
Buffalo (7)
Minnesota (7)
Green Bay (5)
@ Detroit (5)
@ Chicago (8)
@ Indianapolis (10)
Jacksonville (8)
@Houston (5)
Tennesee (6)

GO :dolphins: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like 12-4 to me!!

dolfanben said:
i have been trying to figure out who we will be playing next year before the NFL releases the opponents

as near as i can tell, it looks like it will be pretty favorable... i have put estimations on the degree of toughness next to each opponent as well (scale of 1-10)

NOTE= we dont know who our 1 oppenent from the afc north is or our 1 from the afc west, so there are 14 games

@ New England (9)
New England (7)
@NY Jets (9)
NY Jets (7)
@Buffalo (9)
Buffalo (7)
Minnesota (7)
Green Bay (5)
@ Detroit (5)
@ Chicago (8)
@ Indianapolis (10)
Jacksonville (8)
@Houston (5)
Tennesee (6)

GO :dolphins: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has the opponent schedule come out yet? Usually, when it does, you only know who you play and not when/where right off. Where maybe tho.

I tried to move the home and away to the right but the team on the left is home and the right is away.
So if Miami finishes second this season, they would play at Pitt and host either SD/KC.

From the Dolphins web site:
On August 15, 2001, the NFL announced its scheduling rotation for the next eight seasons (2002-2009). These eight-season schedules will take each team through a cycle of games  home and away  against every other team in the league. In these eight seasons, every team will play every other team at least twice  once home and once away.
Under the new formula, every team within a division will play 16 games as follows:

* Home and away against its three division opponents (6 games).
* The four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games).
* The four teams from another division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games).
* Two intraconference games based on the prior year’s standings. These games will match a first-place team against the first-place teams in the two same-conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place and fourth-place teams in a conference will be matched in the same way each year.

Home Away

Intraconference by Division Denver Oakland

Kansas City San Diego

Interconference by Division Atlanta New Orleans

Carolina Tampa Bay

Intraconference by Position AFC-South AFC-North

Home Away

Intraconference by Division Jacksonville Houston

Tennessee Indianapolis

Interconference by Division Green Bay Chicago

Minnesota Detroit

Intraconference by Position AFC-West AFC-North

Home Away

Intraconference by Division Baltimore Cleveland

Cincinnati Pittsburgh

Interconference by Division Dallas Philadelphia

N.Y. Giants Washington

Intraconference by Position AFC-West AFC-South

Home Away

Intraconference by Division Oakland Denver

San Diego Kansas City

Interconference by Division S. Francisco Arizona

Seattle St. Louis

Intraconference by Position AFC-North AFC-South

Home Away

Intraconference by Division Houston Jacksonville

Indianapolis Tennessee

Interconference by Division New Orleans Atlanta

Tampa Bay Carolina

Intraconference by Position AFC-North AFC-West

Will the phins play Detorit on Thanksgiving next year?

I was looking for the 2006 Schedule and came across this

HOME
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Green Bay
Minnesota
Buffalo
New England
New York Jets

AWAY
Houston
Indianapolis
Chicago
Detroit
Buffalo
New England
New York Jets

Now I was wondering Do you think we will get the Thanksgiving nod? I looked at who Detroit has at home.

San Francisco
Seattle
Buffalo
Miami
Green Bay (division game)
Vikings (division game)
Bears (division game)

I wonder if they would give it to us or seattle?

Doesnt it have to be an AFC team?

I'm thinking we'll get the game because our current run has started getting us some national attention.

I didn't know the schedule was set! If that is indeed the schedule, boy I like it!

I hope we don't play on thanksgiving, to much going on in the house to sit and watch. Which is what I would do, and then my wife would be screaming at me every 5 minutes!

vt_dolfan said:
Doesnt it have to be an AFC team?

Yes. Because CBS will be carrying it. So it has to be Miami or Buffalo. The schedulers would much rather have a big market team with some promise playing that day than the Battle of the New Millenium Bungles.

twanderer said:
Umm since when is next seasons schedule up>>???

The teams we play are available till 2009. Only a few games depend on standings..

Go to miamidolphins.com and click on future schedules....

i hope the fins get the monday night game, thats about 6 hrs from me and ill go more than likely. next yr i think im goin to the bears, colts and lions games, i cant wait.

i belive the scheduals through 2009 are already set for 14 of the teams there are still 2 teams that are given to you based on your record the privouse year. but you play one NFC Division and one AFC DIVISON other then your own.

and I dont think it needs to be an AFC Team cause this year Detorite played Atlanta.

Looks like we will play Steelers in Pitt and Chargers at home also.

I think we play the second place teams in those divisions.

Hmmmm.... I never thought of the possibility that the Phins may play Detroit on Thanksgiving, but I think that they probably have a better chance than Buffalo. Seeing as how I've never been to a game, I wonder if I can convince the wife to head down to Detroit with me...

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I didn't know the schedule was set! If that is indeed the schedule, boy I like it!

I hope we don't play on thanksgiving, to much going on in the house to sit and watch. Which is what I would do, and then my wife would be screaming at me every 5 minutes!

Get TIVO!!! i get to watch the games like 3 times, AND a big shaft to the commercials...

Back
Top Bottom