Merged: 2006 Miami Dolphins Schedule | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: 2006 Miami Dolphins Schedule

Will the phins play on Thanksgiving Day in 2006

• Yes

Votes: 68 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 26.1%

• Total voters
Mindwarp said:
and I dont think it needs to be an AFC Team cause this year Detorite played Atlanta.

Actually it does, because Detroit and Dallas alternate hosting an AFC team each year, so that CBS can have one game of the doubleheader and Fox can have the other. Go back through the past Thanksgiving games and this will prove true. Would the NFL really put Buffalo at Detroit on Thanksgiving? Talk about a pathetic matchup. One thing I've noticed is that Miami seems to play a lot on Thanksgiving.....they've played at Dallas in 1993, 1999, and 2003. The only time recently they could have played at Detroit was 2000, and New England played there instead. Remember when New England sucked? That year was the last year they had a losing record.

Mindwarp said:
i belive the scheduals through 2009 are already set for 14 of the teams there are still 2 teams that are given to you based on your record the privouse year. but you play one NFC Division and one AFC DIVISON other then your own.

and I dont think it needs to be an AFC Team cause this year Detorite played Atlanta.
it alternates between the afc(CBS) and nfc(FOX) channels.....detroit and atl were on the nfc channel, so this year it has to be the afc channel and there has to be at least one afc team therefore it has to be BUF. or MIA.

I was just talking to my freind (Lions fan) and he said, just wait and see...we're going to play on Thanksgiving

SkapePhin said:
Yes. Because CBS will be carrying it. So it has to be Miami or Buffalo. The schedulers would much rather have a big market team with some promise playing that day than the Battle of the New Millenium Bungles.

Based on that, I'd say we have an almost sure shot of playing on Thanksgiving. Like you said, I don't think anyone is going to want to watch a Bills/Lions game. That kind of game would put people to sleep faster than the turkey! :chuckle:

Miami/Detroit, honestly sounds like a better game, ratings wise, anyways. We'll be an up-and-coming team contending for the division title or at least a playoff spot. The Bills........well what can we say about the Bills right now. :confused2 If we do get the Thanksgiving game, I hope we bring out the orange jerseys or the old jerseys we wore against Dallas in our last Turkey day game.

Be nice to play Detroit on thanksgiving,I gotta few Lions fan friends...Theyll get plenty of stuffing to go with that turkey lol-I say we will play them....Im gonna say the last t-giving game we played against Dallas got pretty good ratings why not now?We know the NFL is all about ratings-so im going to guess yes will play them

CalDolFan10x14 said:
Based on that, I'd say we have an almost sure shot of playing on Thanksgiving. Like you said, I don't think anyone is going to want to watch a Bills/Lions game. That kind of game would put people to sleep faster than the turkey! :chuckle:

Miami/Detroit, honestly sounds like a better game, ratings wise, anyways. We'll be an up-and-coming team contending for the division title or at least a playoff spot. The Bills........well what can we say about the Bills right now. :confused2 If we do get the Thanksgiving game, I hope we bring out the orange jerseys or the old jerseys we wore against Dallas in our last Turkey day game.

You also have the 2 new coaches battling it out..
Saban in his second year and who ever is the lions.

We play the colts in INDY next year!!! Finally I get to see another Fins game!!! :rawk: :clap: :thewave: :banana:

That would be fantastic. I'm about 4 hours drive from Detroit, and it would be nice for once watching the fins without being surrounded by Bills fans -- although i may get shot in Mo-Town

It will be between Buffalo and Miami for the Thanksgiving game. Here are two reasons why I think the Dolphins will get it:

1. Miami is a much more popular TV team then the Bills.
2. Miami is going to be coming off a much better 2005 season then the Bills, so the NFL would rather a good team.

Ok Im back. I checked, and no, we will not play on Thanksgiving next year. The damn Bills got the game. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom