Merged: 2006 Miami Dolphins Schedule | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: 2006 Miami Dolphins Schedule

Will the phins play on Thanksgiving Day in 2006

• Yes

Votes: 68 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 26.1%

• Total voters
It's really hard to say who will be good and who won't next season, especially out of those teams that will have new coaching staff's and systems... sometimes you have to wonder if it's the coach or the talent. ie with Detroit, I don't think with that talent there are many coaches that can go in and succeed with it. But, WHAT I DO KNOW is that with Coach Saban and the possible additions to this team, I feel confident that we can play toe to toe with any team anywhere at any time year. I cannot wait to see what kind of Free Agent and Draft additions we make to this team. I'm becoming more and more of a believer in the Saban philosophy of it's about US not about what other teams do or have. I'm pumped for 2006!

dolfanben said:
we know who and where we will be playing next year... pretty tough road schedule. what does everyone think?

HOME
-minnesota
-green bay
-new england
-ny jets
-buffalo
-jacksonville
-tennessee
-kansas city

AWAY
-detroit
-chicago
-new england
-buffalo
-ny jets
-pittsburgh
-indianapolis
-houston

So how many games do u guys think will get on monday night or sunday night
I think they will play the bears in a sunday night game and play the patriots in a monday night game. All these guy hopping on the fins bandwagon just means some primetime games.

PhinsOwnBrady said:
So how many games do u guys think will get on monday night or sunday night
I think they will play the bears in a sunday night game and play the patriots in a monday night game. All these guy hopping on the fins bandwagon just means some primetime games.

6 w's in a row we damn well better get at least one.

L.T.21 said:
I just saw your guys schedule. IMHO, its tough! Who's dog did you kick thats a member of the NFL front office?

14 of every team's 16 games are determined through 2009, and it's a rotating schedule, meaning everybody in the same division plays the same opponents once in one entire AFC division and one NFC division, with the final two games being the two teams from the same conference that finished the same place in the division as your team did, with the exception of the AFC divisional opponents your division was already slated to play.

So THIS, to answer someone else's question, is why we keep playing the Chiefs and Titans. the NFL only schedules us to play them automatically once every 3 years, but due to placing we've played them additional times.

SKing29 said:
when did they release the 2006 Season Schedule, I thought they did that in the summer.

they've got the schedule determined through 2009.

Take a look at 2007's schedule:

Home:

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Dallas
New York Giants
Afc west opponent with the same record
Patriots
Jets
Bills

Road:

Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Washington
Afc south opponent with same record
Patriots
Jets
Bills

Caps said:
Other than Indianapolis, all the games on our 2006 schedule look very winnable.

I was thinking the same thing there is no reason why we could'nt win 11 to 12 wins next year. Especially if they are as good as i think they will be another year under Saban we will get 12 wins. Ask Zach he will tell you I think Zach is more confident than ever.

whats looking favorable for some games next year is 4 teams (min,kc,gb,hou) will have new coaches next year , so they will be learning new systems and will struggle which should mean 4 easy victories. also the nyj and detroit are still possibilities for coaching changes , so that would make it 7 games next year with new coaching staffs. i like the outlook of that.

prime time games in 06

Ok guys and gals.. Based off this past season how many prime time games (if any) do you think we'll get.. And against who...?

I think 2 maybe 3?.....Turkey Day against Detroit, and maybe one against the Colts and one against the Pats. :)

I think we will get 2-3 prime time (national) games. I think one will be against NE. Build up the Saban Bellichek competition. Other one or two would be against Indy and maybe Detroit on Thanksgiving.

Yeah, I like those choices. I could see the Indy game on prime time for sure. The Patriots and Dolphins may be a Sunday night game. I would love to see that one in Miami. And I have a really strong feeling that Miami will play Detroit on Thanksgiving Day.

Back
Top Bottom