Merged: 2006 Miami Dolphins Schedule | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: 2006 Miami Dolphins Schedule

Will the phins play on Thanksgiving Day in 2006

• Yes

Votes: 68 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 26.1%

• Total voters
Disgustipate said:
I think we will get at least one primetime game. Too big of a market to really ignore. It might be a minor one, like Sunday Night.

Also...what gives us a 50/50 chance for a Thanksgiving Day game, especially two years after we last had one?

Because next season CBS will have the Detroit game. The only two games they will have to choose from will be Miami and Buffalo. The TV rights or Fox and CBS always go to the visting team and since CBS has the AFC package and Detroit plays host to the Dolphins and Bills, they only have two choices.

I think we'll get one or 3 but if it wsas up to me we wouldn't get any.Playing on different games than sunday mess up the routine.JJ used to say that he wished we could play at 1pm on sunday every week and I feel the same way.But I know is exciting to play on a monday nite.I hope we don't end up playing 3 games in 13 days like we had to do 3 or 4 years ago.

Ozzy rules!!

I was just given the 2006 primetime lineup. Right now, they are only announcing one team for each week, with the opponent TBD. It is as follows:

Week 1: Patriots, ESPN
Week 2: Patriots, NBC
Week 3: Patriots, ESPN
Week 4: Patriots, NBC
Week 5: Patriots, ESPN
Week 6: Patriots, NBC
Week 7: Patriots, ESPN
Week 8: Colts, NBC (Patriots Bye week)
Week 9: Patriots, ESPN
Week 10: Patriots, NBC
Week 11: Patriots, ESPN
Week 12: Patriots, NBC
Week 13: Patriots, ESPN
Week 14: Patriots, NBC
Week 15: Patriots, ESPN
Week 16: Patriots, NBC
Week 17: Patriots, ESPN

DolfanTom said:
I was just given the 2006 primetime lineup. Right now, they are only announcing one team for each week, with the opponent TBD. It is as follows:

:lol: Well, with the way the Colts are playing they might get the most Prime Time games next year. I think we should get at least 1 prime time game, considering we should realistically finish close to 500 @ 7-9. This is a team on the rise, and I think we could make some noise next year. After Ronnie Brown's rookie year, they're going to want to put him on the national spotlight. Saban has earned us a primetime game, imo.

DolfanTom said:

WOW so we get 2 prime time games
GGRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT

steveincolorado said:
Because next season CBS will have the Detroit game. The only two games they will have to choose from will be Miami and Buffalo. The TV rights or Fox and CBS always go to the visting team and since CBS has the AFC package and Detroit plays host to the Dolphins and Bills, they only have two choices.

Why does it HAVE to be the Dolphins or Bills?

I think we will be back to our normal three or four primtime games. Im predicting 2 sunday nighters and a monday nighter, possibly two.

If we can win two more games this year....I think you will see us play the late season game against the Patriots being a primetime game, as we will have a legitimate shot winning the division.

We now have the star power the networks want in Saban, Ricky, Ronnie and our rookie Defensive players. Plus Linehan will run an exciting offense.

Believe me..primtime would have loved to have aired that unforgettable comeback from last week.

FrankP said:
Why does it HAVE to be the Dolphins or Bills?

Because they are the only two AFC teams going to Detroit next season. The other two games (Jets/Patriots) will be played in New York and New England.

I think we'll get at the very least one PT game next year even if we win no more games (God forbid). If we finish 7-9 or better we will definately have multiple PT games. This was the first year in a LONG time the Fins didn't have a Monday nighter and that's not even mentioning a Sunday nighter. I see us probably getting two Sunday nighters next year or one of each.

vt_dolfan said:
I think we will be back to our normal three or four primtime games. Im predicting 2 sunday nighters and a monday nighter, possibly two.

If we can win two more games this year....I think you will see us play the late season game against the Patriots being a primetime game, as we will have a legitimate shot winning the division.

We now have the star power the networks want in Saban, Ricky, Ronnie and our rookie Defensive players. Plus Linehan will run an exciting offense.

Believe me..primtime would have loved to have aired that unforgettable comeback from last week.

I'am not too sure about that. Did anybody watch the second quarter of the Seattle/Philadelphia game? After is was 21-0, I turned it off. I think those non-Dolphins/Bills fans would have done the same.

Houston was 7-9 last season, and they got 2 primetime games this year. If the Dolphins can finish 7-9 (or better), they'll definitely have 1, and maybe 2.

DolphinzD said:
Houston was 7-9 last season, and they got 2 primetime games this year. If the Dolphins can finish 7-9 (or better), they'll definitely have 1, and maybe 2.
BUT, we have a MUCH MUCH bigger fanbase than the Texans so if we do that good or better I expect us to get maybe 3-4ish.

I don't know about you guys, but I like not having primetime games. Then I don't have to be quiet because the kids are sleeping and I don't have to stay up all night!

Exactly what I think...

Dolfan5000 said:
I think we'll get at the very least one PT game next year even if we win no more games (God forbid). If we finish 7-9 or better we will definately have multiple PT games. This was the first year in a LONG time the Fins didn't have a Monday nighter and that's not even mentioning a Sunday nighter. I see us probably getting two Sunday nighters next year or one of each.

Back
Top Bottom