Merged 2X: Could the game be cancelled? / Change of Venue | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Could the game be cancelled? / Change of Venue

Originally posted by RikWriter
If someone put a gun to my head, I would guess they move it to LA.

LA hasn't had football usage in awhile...

the game will most likley move to AZ because it's the shortest distance of travel.

so the phins are already in AZ. and the game will be there? these fires are tragic. but if you have to play a road game, and the home team has to travel to a strange venue... and i happen to know that a ton of Phin fans live in AZ. i wonder if they will be able to get seats. you know alot of the bolt fans won't be able to make the trip...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The game will be played just probably not at Qualcomm. I'm guessing they move the game to Oakland's stadium. That wouldn't be too far for ticket holders to drive.

That is if the fires continue. If they stop soon, the ash and smoke in the air would have plenty of time to subside by tomorrow night I think.

They can't move it to Pro Player, I think by rule that is not allowed unless the teams play twice during the year so that they can swap again. Plus, unless by some miracle they just decide to allow the first 70,000 people in first come first serve, the stadium would be empty as all heck. It would have to be a neutral site, probably one very near by so that ticket holders still would be able to make it to the game.

Not too far for ticket holders?? It would be about 500 miles. How many folx do ya think could make that trip for monday night? ;) :tongue:

ok guys

First of all the Rose Bowl and the Coliseum are both 'foootball' compatable....the USC Trojans and Bruins play there every week....its not that impossiable. Second, they HAVE to make an anouncement soon because we all know Madden doesn't fly, so he would need ample time to get to the new venue(like the rest of us people). Third I am not belittling the awful times that those people are going through, but we paid VERY good money like many others to go to this game, and being fron SO. cal and loving the dolphins the chance of seeing them play Monday night doesn't come very often.

"Governor Gray Davis says the fires are California's worst in ten years. "

So why isnt arnold schwarzenegger out there fighting these fires terminator-style, isnt that why they voted him in :lol:

He is currently finding the arsonists.:pirate:

http://chargers.theinsiders.com/2/193732.html

There is talk that the NFL has looked into moving the game to another city. but airport delays have made that near impossible.

THAT doesn't sound good. If the game is postponed, when the hell would we play it??? We've already had our bye...it would be damn near impossible to reschedule it. I highly doubt they would shift it to Thursday and then force us to play one game Thursday and another the following Monday. I just can't see any way they can do anything but move the game and play it Monday night, which is why I think LA is the place it will be played.

i'd love them to move it somewhere else. farther the better cause that means that fatass madden won't be able to get his bus there in time. i wouldn't mind hearing michaels do it all by himself.

This game will be played there is to much money to be lost!

whats so hard about getting a bus and driving to AZ? they don't need an airplane to get their.

besides it is only 6:54 there and as long as the MNF crew gets the heads up on where to go, we'll be fine.

Doesn't every NFL team's stadium already have TV cameras already setup since they use them every other weekend?

Back
Top Bottom