Merged 2X: Could the game be cancelled? / Change of Venue | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Could the game be cancelled? / Change of Venue

San Francisco is about 550 miles north of San Diego.

Phoenix is about 350 miles west.

And by the way I said IF its only a few hours away from San Diego guys. I wasn't specifically supporting the San Francisco stadium idea, I do know that it is very far away.

*UPDATE*

ESPNews just said the following:

"No reason to put lifes in danger over a silly football game"

"The NFL said they will not announce the deff. game location until Monday"

First off, its not a silly game to the Phin fans, 2nd off, so what if a few people get hurt, c'mon, I had a case of frost bite from watching a Phin game in New England.

J/p, its a good call to move the game because of danger, and also, the smoke could make a major difference in the game.

*COUGH COUGH* bolt fans saying they lost because the offense couldn't see the ball

Originally posted by raphinmx
There was no monday night game cancelled in 1997, the Dolphins scheduled game with the Bears was to be played on SUNDAY, but that day the Marlins played game 7 of the world series, the Dolphins-Bears game was rescheduled to be played on MONDAY night. That day there was 2 monday night games.
thats right, but there was a game venue changed. i don't see why they don't move the game to the rose bowl or the coliseum in LA!

Phoenix is about 5 hours away I think, Oakland probably about 7 hours. There may be some places in LA where they could play but they are so close to SD that they may also have some fire problems

Originally posted by dolfan06
what about the coliseum in LA? that seats about 100k. they put 100k in the rose bowl too!

If they have to move it, the nicest thing they could do for the fans would be move it to LA like you said, that's only an hour or two drive. But it seems more likely it'll be Phoenix (6 hours?) or San Fran (8-10 hours?). The fans hanging around in SD are prob. going to get hosed.

Originally posted by dolfan06
what about the coliseum in LA? that seats about 100k. they put 100k in the rose bowl too!

L.A. would definitely be the best option as far as location. It's about 1.5 - 2 hr drive north. But L.A. traffic would suck. And would they be equipt to house an NFL game on such short notice??

Man, I know this would usually sound weird.....but I'm so glad I wasn't going to this game. What a headache!! You have no idea where it's going to be played until about 12 hours prior.......at best.

Originally posted by 1972

If they have to move it, the nicest thing they could do for the fans would be move it to LA like you said, that's only an hour or two drive.

And what better way to get the ball rolling for football's return to LA. The NFL has been trying desperately to get a team back there.

We know it won't happen. But the idea itself is novel.

Originally posted by 1972

If they have to move it, the nicest thing they could do for the fans would be move it to LA like you said, that's only an hour or two drive. But it seems more likely it'll be Phoenix (6 hours?) or San Fran (8-10 hours?). The fans hanging around in SD are prob. going to get hosed.
the fire is moving so damn fast, SF may not be an option by morning!:rolleyes:

good thing the winds are blowing toward the ocean, or I might have to start hosing down my house.

The Cedar Fire, which is the one close to San Diego, they are saying its covering 100,000 acres. They say 0 percent contained, whereas the Piru and Pendleton fires are 85 and 55 percent contained. They got 800+ firemen working on Cedar, no way to know how many houses are destroyed cuz there's over 100 in one town alone (Ramone).

Authorities believe the fire may have been started by a hunter on Octovber 25th who started a signal fire because he was lost. I'll leave the biting commentary on that up to the rest of you

Miami had to travel to SD/Phenoix, so why should we have to bus ourselves to SF, Oak, LA? **** that, let SD come to phenoix. why should we screw ourselves (energy wise) by having a long *** flight (and being re-directed) then having a long *** bus ride? let san deigo come to us so both teams don't have to travel.

for the first time this season SD biggest problem isn't David Boston (my favorite WR BTW heh)!

Back
Top Bottom