Merged 2x: Dolphin schedule leaked? / PFT Now Onboard | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Dolphin schedule leaked? / PFT Now Onboard

Originally posted by Nublar7

It just must be hard to see a team on prime time so much when your own team isnt good enough for the spotlight.
Wanna bet the fins don't get 4 primetime games?

they might. They probably pick prime time games based on how they think they will do and popularity. Most likely more so on popularity. Reason being they have no idea how teams are going to do next year. If New England misses the playoffs, I will not be surprised. It is just the way things are.

I'll be damned...........

That very well could be the schedule.

The Pats, the bye, and then the Jets would "cover" in the case of Marlins playoffs.

Someone did their homework for this BS or either it's not BS....:huh:

hmmm... I was presumptious.. ZOD was owned by the "fake" schedule maker!! :tongue:

Week 7 and 8 would be interrupted by the World Series. :tongue:

Originally posted by baccarat
If it's true, that would be the first time we ever played Cleveland, the new Browns.
We played in Clev before. That was the game that Dan tore his achille's in '93.

Originally posted by ZOD
Where did you read that?

NFL.com

PALM BEACH, Fla. (March 29, 2004) -- The NFL announced four key games of its 2004 Kickoff Weekend that begins with a Thursday night, Sept. 9, primetime rematch of the 2003 AFC Championship Game -- the Indianapolis Colts at the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots (ABC, 9 p.m. ET).

That means at least Sept all lines up with the marlins schedule.

Originally posted by Justasportsfan

Didn't we go thru this with buffalo fans last year? don't you guys learn? I remember last year all the "we picked up spikes, we will have more primetime games then you... .yada yada yada."

Get this thru your head.. people want to see the dolphins more then they want to see the bills... we will have at least 4 prime time games this year... and next year, and the year after that.

Originally posted by Justasportsfan

Well I'm willing to bet the Dolphins will have more primetime games than the Bills.

Also, I am almost CERTAIN the Dolphins will have at least 3 and likely 4 primetime games. The Dolphins are typically ALWAYS among the leaders in Primetime just because they do well in the ratings. Dolphins fans are not as localized as many other teams.

You don't see many Bills, Packers, Cardinals fans anywhere other than their local region... but you see Miami fans everywhere. (Witness the turnout of Dolphin Fans in Arizona last year.) Thus, they will always be among the favorites for the NFL when dealing out Primetime games.

Typically there are about 4-5 teams that receive 3 or more primetime games. I'm willing to bet the Dolphins are among them. With the others being:

Patriots
Saints
Eagles

... and maybe
Colts
Ravens
Titans

Last edited by a moderator:
Also... Remember. There are 70 slots for primetime games per season. That averages out to slightly more than 2 games per team. But, perennial bottom-dwellers that don't have interesting Side-stories going on (former players returning home... etc) often get 1 or less pritime game per season.

It is not that much of a stretch to beleive that a team with several of the most popular and recognizable players leaguewide (Ricky, Zach, Seau, Boston) is going to receive an extra game or two in primetime.

"Actually we are usually an awesome team in prime time games. The Philly game was our worst primetime performance in a loooong time."

--What about Green Bay in November 2002?

"Don't forget at Dallas on turkey day making it 5."

--Technically that wasn't a primetime game, although it was nationally televised.

"We played in Clev before. That was the game that Dan tore his achille's in '93."

--I believe the poster was referring to the "new" Browns, as in, the team that has been around since 1999.

At any rate, we shall know very soon if this schedule is correct or not.

Back
Top Bottom