Merged 2x: Four Fins to the Pro Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Four Fins to the Pro Bowl

run34run

Practice Squad
Reaction score
dolphins send 4 to pro bowl this year, just got word

brock marion, adewale ogunleye, pat surtain, zach thomas

just lettin u know, but im sure yu have heard by now, but if not, here they are, congrats to them for making the pro bowl...

Re: dolphins send 4 to pro bowl this year, just got word

Originally posted by run34run
brock marion, adewale ogunleye, pat surtain, zach thomas

just lettin u know, but im sure yu have heard by now, but if not, here they are, congrats to them for making the pro bowl...

none of them deserve it....screw the probowl....

Re: Re: dolphins send 4 to pro bowl this year, just got word

Originally posted by FFiB

none of them deserve it....screw the probowl....
I disagree - only Marion did not deserve. There are plenty of other D that have had bad games

Pat and Wally for sure. Zach played well enough I suppose. I don't agree on Brock.

Popularity contest.

It is only fair that guys like Madison and Taylor did not go because they are not really having Pro Bowl years although at this point I have not looked up to see who are the players in AFC going at those positions. B. Marion should not be going either.

In fact for next year from the "superstar" Defensive players at their prices we should only keep Zach Thomas, Surtain, Taylor and O-gun (hopefully resign at reasonable salary) in addtion to Chester, Greenwood, A. Freeman and T-Buck. The savings should be spent on Offense and bargain defensive players to round out the starting 11 on Defense.

Sam Madisons gonna be pissed... lets see if he blames Pats wife again.

All Zach

Zach made his best play for the Pro Bowl when he missed the Titans game and our D went up in smoke. No surprise Pat was out that day also. While you can debate who's the better player (Pat or Zach), there's no denying that Zach is that cliche of cliches: the glue that holds the D together.
:beerbang:

After the past few seasons of underacheiving I don't give a rat's a$$ who goes to the Pro Bowl. Individual acheivement = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ go ask Wally O how much he wants now!!!!!!

Four Fins to the Pro Bowl

Miami Dolphins free safety Brock Marion, defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, cornerback Patrick Surtain and linebacker Zach Thomas were named to the AFC Pro Bowl squad for the 2003 season.

Chambers isn't gonna make it with his projected 60-65 catches and 850-900 yards, even though he has 9 TDs. If only he got the ball more, maybe he could've been the 4th WR there. The Pro Bowl isn't NEARLY about who is the better player, it's about popularity and stats.

Brock Marion shouldn't be there.

FS seems to be really weak position in the AFC - maybe Jerry Wilson s/have beat out Brock ;)

I was suprised on two fronts. One that Marion made it. He was questionable last year and even moreso this year. I agree, it seems as if when this voting process happens, people cannot remember anyone else who plays free safety other than Marion. I am proud of O-gun for making it but I feel it may take us out of the running to retain him. Although it will be good getting draft picks for him. :)

The second surprise for me was the omission of Fiedler....:lol: :jk: No the second one was Chambers. I really thought he had a legit shot at making it and feel, without looking at the stats, that Mason was just a name. Oh well, there is always next year I suppose. I am kind of sad to not see Ricky either but the AFC is loaded with great backs so a few were going to be left off.

Back
Top Bottom