Merged 2x: Redskins get Denvers pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Redskins get Denvers pick

25 and 9 u got to be kidding me i would never take that 2eb y cab gave 7 and 18

Clayton thinks Washignton got Denvers pick to take a QB. Who the hell is worthy of that pick? Frye, Campbell?

This has to be for trade up purposes.

Nick cant take just the 9 and 25 to move into 2- he has to demand a 2nd on top of it and maybe even a 5th.

alopez34 said:
25 and 9 u got to be kidding me i would never take that 2eb y cab gave 7 and 18

Obviously we would prefer 7 and 18- they are BOTH higher.. BUT if all we can get is 9, 25, + 2nd rounder + 5th rounder, you take it and run.

At 9 we can probably get one of the RBs (probably just Caddy though) and then at 25 theres plenty of good defensive players- a CB, a LB, a S...

Dolfan1000 said:
But they never said they wouldnt trade their 9th and 25th as a package!!

What they "said" means nothing at this point.
Yeah. :rolleyes: They are going to use their 9th to draft someone on draft day. Anything else is wishful thinking.

IMO a tradeup only makes sense for a team that is a contender and the Redskins are not one of them.I dont understand their move but I suppose we will get some answers during draft day.

The problem is that the Redskins don't have a 2nd round pick. They don't have enough ammo to move up to the 2nd spot.

According to their official website : "The Redskins' list of selections for the April 23-24 draft now consists of the 9th and 25th pick in the first round; a fourth-round pick (112 overall); a sixth-round pick (183 overall); and a seventh round pick (222 overall)."

all the word going around was that Wash was going to trade the #9 pick to Oak for Phillip Buchanon. Early today Gibbs came out and said "they are not trading the #9 overall pick". What this trade could be is the #25 pick for Buchanon!

This allows Wash to keep the #9 just as gibbs stated. If so then that basically means that Wash gave up 2 1sts, and a 4th total for Buchanon and a 3rd?

who knows. that's just my guess.

ps....I've been saying for 3 months that Charles Woodson could get traded....perhaps it's him instead of Phillip? :confused:

this is good news for us, Alot of teams want Edwards or Williams and to get either on they have to trade with us.

I dont see why they would do this unless they were planning on moving up. If not why not wait to do the trade on draft day so that way you know the player you want at #25 is there. Seems odd to me unless there was another move being planned.

zephon said:
all the word going around was that Wash was going to trade the #9 pick to Oak for Phillip Buchanon. Early today Gibbs came out and said "they are not trading the #9 overall pick". What this trade could be is the #25 pick for Buchanon!

This allows Wash to keep the #9 just as gibbs stated. If so then that basically means that Wash gave up 2 1sts, and a 4th total for Buchanon and a 3rd?

ps....I've been saying for 3 months that Charles Woodson could get traded....perhaps it's him instead of Phillip? :confused:

If Gibbs plan on giving up that much just to trade for Buchanon, then he is an idiot. 2 1sts for Buchanon is a lot for him! I don't see any corner being worth 2 1sts. I could understand if we were talking about Peyton or LT!

DonShula84 said:
I dont see why they would do this unless they were planning on moving up. If not why not wait to do the trade on draft day so that way you know the player you want at #25 is there. Seems odd to me unless there was another move being planned.

I agree. Just like you said, it doesn't make sense to trade before the draft having a pick that low because the guy you want might not be there. Their only option is to trade up. The questions now are 1) with who (not us because they can give us enough to move up) and 2) for who :confused:

zephon said:

That is way to much for either one of those corners. Why not just offer Oakland the picks they gave to Denver, they will never get 2 firsts for Buchanon so Im sure Oakland would have jumped all over that.

Back
Top Bottom