Merged 2x: Redskins get Denvers pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2x: Redskins get Denvers pick

zephon said:
all the word going around was that Wash was going to trade the #9 pick to Oak for Phillip Buchanon. Early today Gibbs came out and said "they are not trading the #9 overall pick". What this trade could be is the #25 pick for Buchanon!

This allows Wash to keep the #9 just as gibbs stated. If so then that basically means that Wash gave up 2 1sts, and a 4th total for Buchanon and a 3rd?

who knows. that's just my guess.

ps....I've been saying for 3 months that Charles Woodson could get traded....perhaps it's him instead of Phillip? :confused:

Zephon, you're giving the Redskins too much credit; your plan actually makes sense. The #25 for either Buchanon or Woodson and a mid round pick would be a great move for Washington.

However, I'll jump on the bandwagon here; I think this could easily be a prelude to a trade up. A move to #2? A package of #9, #25 and the eminently available Rod Gardner might be enough to get to #2. Depends on what Nick Saban thinks of Gardner.

DonShula84 said:
That is way to much for either one of those corners. Why not just offer Oakland the picks they gave to Denver, they will never get 2 firsts for Buchanon so Im sure Oakland would have jumped all over that.

you guys are missing the point....the picks I mentioned take into consideration giving Oakland JUST the #25 this year, Denver their #1 next year (to move up this year) and the swap of picks this year with Denver......I in NO way meant that Wash would now give up 2 more 1st round picks to Oakland....sorry if that was confusing.....I was just trying to give the Total Pick giveout IF the make a trade for one of Oakland's CBs.

Hmmmmm....

9 + 25 + Rod Gardner + 5th Rounder

Meh.. dont love it.

J Tes said:
Not sure what the deal was but they just said on SC that the Redskins got the Broncos pick in the first.
Another team with 2 first rounders. They must be up to something or why else make a trade for another #1, 4 days before it begins?

I think they want to get one of the top WR with their 9th pick, and select the best QB available with their 25th pick.

phunwin said:
Zephon, you're giving the Redskins too much credit; your plan actually makes sense. The #25 for either Buchanon or Woodson and a mid round pick would be a great move for Washington.

However, I'll jump on the bandwagon here; I think this could easily be a prelude to a trade up. A move to #2? A package of #9, #25 and the eminently available Rod Gardner might be enough to get to #2. Depends on what Nick Saban thinks of Gardner.

thank you....you actually caught what I was trying to say.

as for your idea about the 2 Washington picks and Gardner for the #2, I'm just not as keen for. If you substituted Patrick Ramsey for Gardner then I'd be interested. Perhaps Rod just needs a change of city to excell...I just don't see it though....once again though...who knows.....I will admit though that this is one of the strangest drafts I can remember. ANY team can do anything
:confused:

surtainian said:
I think they want to get one of the top WR with their 9th pick, and select the best QB available with their 25th pick.

unless they trade Patrick Ramsey...I don't think Washington drafts a QB in round 1.

Keeping in mind that Linehan likes the 3 receiver sets a lot, Gardner would be a nice complement to Chambers and Booker. But I can't deny it; he's definitely an eye of the beholder kind of player.

soooooo true Redskins aren't too smart! 1St round next year is deep too

Dolfan1000 said:
Obviously we would prefer 7 and 18- they are BOTH higher.. BUT if all we can get is 9, 25, + 2nd rounder + 5th rounder, you take it and run.

At 9 we can probably get one of the RBs (probably just Caddy though) and then at 25 theres plenty of good defensive players- a CB, a LB, a S...

No you don't just take that deal. Its not good value so you dont do it. If you establish that youre a patsy, ala Wanny and Speilman youre never going to get value in trades. Saban makes this deal and hes a doormat for the rest of the league.

thats just idiotic of the Redskins

a 1st, and 4th next year + a 3rd this year just for the 25th overall, how bout we give them our 2nd overall for their 9th and 25th overall along with their 2nd this year and next year

SkapePhin said:
Man, the Redskins are dumb...

This tops all of Daniel Snyder's stupid moves.

It's unfathomable. Stupid. Idiotic.

We need to open the phone lines with these suckers!

If Gibbs plan on giving up that much just to trade for Buchanon, then he is an idiot. 2 1sts for Buchanon is a lot for him! I don't see any corner being worth 2 1sts. I could understand if we were talking about Peyton or LT!

If Washington wants a corner, why not take Surtain? They can give us the #25 pick and we give them Surtain. Everybody wins. Surtain is twice the corner Buchanon is anyway.

Back
Top Bottom