Merged 3x: Fins signed Snoop/Miami signs Marvin "Snoop" Minnis | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Fins signed Snoop/Miami signs Marvin "Snoop" Minnis

I like this signing little risk for a chance at a great reward, he rally hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet due to injuries but every year is a new year, lets hope he lives up to his ability now, if he does then this could turn out to be a steal if not oh well no loss.

Originally posted by Semedi
Don't know anything about him, but with everyone mentioning IF he can stay healthy... has this guy been prone to lots of injuries in the past?

Yes; he's had significant (meaning he's had to miss several games) injuries every year.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Very similar to Lamar Thomas.
exactly my thoughts - though he is a better version.
Good no risk signing IMO

Originally posted by Cranx

Yes; he's had significant (meaning he's had to miss several games) injuries every year.

Well, he's only been in the NFL for 2 years so he's still young.

Had 31 catches for 500+ yards and a TD in 11 games as a rookie, for whatever thats worth. Started 11 of those games.

I think he'd be a great slot deep guy. He doesn't have great height or leaping ability but he can burn. He's 6'1" but should be about 5'10" if it weren't for that elongated neck of his. My god its huge.

A great no risk high benefit signing. Gives us a guy with speed to replace McKnight as the #3. Now if we had two firsts we can fire for Mike Clayton or Jenkins the Cat.

interesting....

Releasing Minnis, whose career took a plunge when he couldn't recover from an offseason foot injury in the spring of 2002, was probably the toughest cut, coach Dick Vermeil said.

"We know Snoop can catch the football," Vermeil said. "We also know he'll have problems getting off press coverage, and he also has trouble playing all three receiver positions in the same game.

"Snoop Minnis can play, but I think he has to be a first, second or third receiver where he can really participate in the game instead of being a backup," Vermeil added. "When he came here as a third-round pick, he probably wasn't ready to play but we had to play him because we had no other choice. Then he got hurt and other people showed up -- Eddie Kennison, Johnnie Morton, Dante Hall and Marc Boerigter.

"I expect him to be back in the NFL within a week. And if something happens here, he could be back here."
http://chiefszone.com/stories/090103/foo_cuts.shtml

Snoop Minnis is hell to deal with when he's in the open field. His ability to get deep and his ability to run after the catch could allow him to make a big impact on this team as a #3 slot receiver. The key with him is putting him in a position where he can't be jammed at the line. Stick him in the slot and send him in motion. This guy will eat zone defenses alive if he's healthy.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
He's fast but he's really skinny can gets injured easily.

Yes... I know his favorate passtime when he was in school was diving through keyholes. Another was passing himself off as a brown shoelace so he could look up the girls dresses. He's a skinny dude.

What about Marcus Williams? Any news about him signing? He would be a great pickup for a 3rd TE as well as insurance especially if he could get healthy enough.

Atleast we get Ed Perry back this year for long snapping. He is a very good LS.

Back
Top Bottom