Merged 3x: Fins signed Snoop/Miami signs Marvin "Snoop" Minnis | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Fins signed Snoop/Miami signs Marvin "Snoop" Minnis

Takes natural return ability. Micheal Jenkins is not that fast but he is a good punter returner as was Brian Mitchell.

He is a great slot receiver if healthy.

Snoop is too small to be a reciever . There has never been a good reciever who is as skinny as him. O wait, Marvin Harrison!the guy barley weighs 170. He doesn't take unessesary hits which helps him stay healthy.

Receiver is the smallest position in the league, what else can he play?

But ya I think he can improve his strength if he has the determination to. Maybe to 180, where he would do just fine.

i remember him undressing c. wood as rookie in the '01 season opener vs oakland. he's been beat up in kc though, needs to put on some more weight

Na man, I was being sarcastic. Small recievers have a reputation of being almost impossible to defend in the slot. Good pickup Miami.

I was wondering if he will be used as a kick/punt returner....

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Here's a nice pic of Snoop in action..

http://chiefszone.com/images/091001/chiefs.minnist.jpg

Unfortunately, this is the only TD of his short career. Hopefully, he can get more if he makes the team.

Did it strike anyone else as odd that he's catching the ball with his forearms instead of his hands? I guess his timing was just off on a difficult diving catch, but he managed to pull it in.

My only memory of Snoop in the pros is him burning Charles Woodson in his very first game for what should have been the game winning TD, stupid Raiders came back under 2 minutes.

Yeah I remember that its funny how many people can remember one small moment like that. My old roommate and I loved it, we were watchin and sure enough there goes Snoop burnin down the sideline past Woodson. Was like a 30 yard TD if I remember right.

We instantly liked him from then on. I find it kinda funny that he's now a Dolphin. But don't place your hopes too high cuz the Bucs signed him and got rid of him.

Its like when small little Kevin Johnson from the Phoenix Suns dunked on big huge Hakim Olujawon...I think it was in the playoffs, but EVERYONE seems to remember it.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Yeah I remember that its funny how many people can remember one small moment like that. My old roommate and I loved it, we were watchin and sure enough there goes Snoop burnin down the sideline past Woodson. Was like a 30 yard TD if I remember right.

You're right, it was about 30 yards & Snoop had to dive a little to catch it. That was back when I was a big Woodson hater & everyone thought he was better than Madison.

"Minnis, who this week was declared ineligible for the Orange Bowl national championship game because of academic problems. It seems Snoop was in good book shape until final exams and then crashed and burned."

Sounds like a perfect fit for the fins to me.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom