Merged 3X: MARINO RESIGNS!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3X: MARINO RESIGNS!!

Originally posted by Traven
Anyone else get the feeling that something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the organization? Ron Wolf turns down our offer and goes to Cleveland shortly thereafter. Dan resigns so quickly. You think these guys saw something they wouldn't be able to change and decided it wasn't worth it? This makes me very concerned.

It's called having a idiotic owner. An owner who still thought he could hire Ron Wolf as a consultant to be trumped by Rick Speilman and Dan Marino in the organization. Chances are, he didn't even offer Wolf complete control of personel decisions, nor the power to hire and fire the coach.

I don't defend their celebration. But that should have nothing to do with Wayne blasting Armando for asking a fair question.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

No "WE" don't.....Wayne H does.

Seriously anyone who stood up for this whole situation looks dumb whether you want to admit it or not. I remember how adamant you were that ESPN change it's name to "ESPN/PFT"

That certainly looks like an idiotic statement now.

Me telling my friends that Dan would get this job done certainly looks like an idiotic statement now.

I live here in S Fla so I usually hear all the news but maybe I am missing something. As an objective observer(not fan) from what I have gathered so far is Marino doesn't want to work 10-12 hrs a day or give up the "four jillion" dollars he makes on his TV gig. Those are lifestyle changes. Those are huge changes in a mans life so I can't say I blame him much except he should have thought about this before he accepted. What facts lead you to believe it is a power trip and Wayne didn't want to give it to him?

Re: Oh, SNap!

Originally posted by Buffalo Sucks
Marino resigns new senior VP post
Saying his family isn't prepared for the lifestyle change, Dan Marino resigns from senior VP of football operations for the Miami Dolphins.
nuts, i was hoping to see dan on the field again!:(

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

Seriously anyone who stood up for this whole situation looks dumb whether you want to admit it or not. I remember how adamant you were that ESPN change it's name to "ESPN/PFT"

That certainly looks like an idiotic statement now.

Me telling my friends that Dan would get this job done certainly looks like an idiotic statement now.

You can say it looks idiotic all you want....like I give a damn.

I stood up for Dan in this situation...as did many others...and I still think he did the right thing. He wanted to come on and directly lend his knowledge to helping the Dolphins. Seems once he found out Wayne wasn't going to give him very much if any leverage, he did the stand up thing.

And I STILL say ESPN is tainted. Mort being right on this one doesn't change the fact that they've slid over the past few years.

Originally posted by NE Matt
I live here in S Fla so I usually hear all the news but maybe I am missing something. As an objective observer(not fan) from what I have gathered so far is Marino doesn't want to work 10-12 hrs a day or give up the "four jillion" dollars he makes on his TV gig. Those are lifestyle changes. Those are huge changes in a mans life so I can't say I blame him much except he should have thought about this before he accepted. What facts lead you to believe it is a power trip and Wayne didn't want to give it to him?

I guess the fact is we'll probably never really know. If it is true in fact that Dan didn't want to put in the hours and give up the cash he was making, then I agree....he never should've signed on.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

You can say it looks idiotic all you want....like I give a damn.

I stood up for Dan in this situation...as did many others...and I still think he did the right thing. He wanted to come on and directly lend his knowledge to helping the Dolphins. Seems once he found out Wayne wasn't going to give him very much if any leverage, he did the stand up thing.

And I STILL say ESPN is tainted. Mort being right on this one doesn't change the fact that they've slid over the past few years.
i don't know which one to believe, there's another thread that says he didn't resign!:confused:

So really the only thing that has changed is that Spielman is now wanny's boss instead of wanny being his boss? Herm is still head coach of the jets and the bills still have bledsoe. Hmm we have the trophy and a a ton of picks and IMO the best Q.B and coach in football. Life is looking good. Sorry Dolphin fans I usally dont like to make fun of anyone while they are down but damn I am thinking our chances again next season are looking are looking pretty good. :)

MOD NOTE: What does this have to do with Danny's retiring? Keep it on the subject at hand rather than rubbing in a Super Bowl victory, save that for the Smack Forum. -TTT

Last edited by a moderator:
I am completely lost also dolfan, with both threads going not sure who to believe, just checked ESPN and they still showing he has resigned, who knows, in a couple of hours we'll find out the real truth.

You may want to check when that thread was started, I believe it was started on Feb 1st, so most of the threads are outdated.

Originally posted by finattic79
I am completely lost also dolfan, with both threads going not sure who to believe, just checked ESPN and they still showing he has resigned, who knows, in a couple of hours we'll find out the real truth.
:(

For the people who are calling for apologies to those reporters...are you guys kidding me?????????...people were pissed about the high fiving at Buffalo and the subsequent out and out lying by Armando.....so stick that apology where it belongs...when did Armando apologize for the high five and the lies that followed????...I thought so:yell: :yell: :yell:

Back
Top Bottom