MERGED 3x: reader beware/Parcells: only 4 players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 3x: reader beware/Parcells: only 4 players

I doubt the only players he mentioned that he had were all rookies. I dont really care about this. I guess we will all just wait and see.

It's called rebuilding for a reason. Get ready to see a lot of players go.

bleh.... whatever

where this come from anyways... reliable?

miami is bad, we won one game... that says it there. obviously there gonna be a lot of change, and parcells doesnt lie... he'll say MIAMI IS BAD

I dont agree with that at all. Theres other players i was encouraged about. Players like L. Booker. Will Allen. and we had a ton of injuries this year... i know we were bad. Im getting a little nervous that some of the younger guys weve drafted wont get a fair shot.. guys like abe and rod wright...

Two things on this....

1. It's draft time and that means it's the perfect time to send out false stories about how you don't have any players to build around, making all the players at the top of the draft seem like possible candidates for the #1 pick (McFadden, Dorsey, Ellis, Ryan, etc).

2. I agree with JamesBW43, it's called rebuilding for a reason. Now that doesn't mean that we are going to bring in a whole new team via draft and FA in a year or two, but it does mean that alot of the players on the current roster more than likely won't be here in 2 years.

i didnt mean to make it sound we are ridiculously horrible with no hope... i like a lot of our players. i basically was tryingt o say Parcells wants perfection and for him to come in and see all this, WE ARE BAD.... he wants more and now... he will fix it up.

he'll keep the guys he can work with and needs, also he may be trying to get trade bait or trade talk growing too... i not sure

Well I wouldn't worry too much. Because he can't cut the whole team at least not in one year. He will still have to rely on alot of veteran players. Unless he can possibly get some kind of trade worked out for a Jason Taylor or a Zach Thomas who are real old players. And he would still have to have players in place to replace said players . Whether it is thru draft or free agency. And the free agency route can only go so far. Because of salary cap. And as far as Beck is concerned I think all of us wonder whether he is a guy that can take Miami anywhere. So I don't doubt it at all that Parcells will be looking for a Qb somewhere along the line. Because after Beck I really do not see Cleo being here and Green is just as big of a question mark after getting knocked out last year.

Two things on this....

1. It's draft time and that means it's the perfect time to send out false stories about how you don't have any players to build around, making all the players at the top of the draft seem like possible candidates for the #1 pick (McFadden, Dorsey, Ellis, Ryan, etc).

2. I agree with JamesBW43, it's called rebuilding for a reason. Now that doesn't mean that we are going to bring in a whole new team via draft and FA in a year or two, but it does mean that alot of the players on the current roster more than likely won't be here in 2 years.

exactly and by him saying "i have only 3-4 players" he means by the time this team is 3 years under his arms n bout to have his 4 yr contract expire thats who will STILL be good as oppose to the 30 year olds we have taht will decline or the ones taht are just ROLE players n ntn more.

Don't forget that it's still a long time before any decisions need to be made. I'm sure Parcells will come around on a number of players as time goes by.

Some of this could be talk. Ireland has spoken to Taylor and Beck for some reason. They've asked Beck to bulk up...if they had no plans for him, this would not be the case. L Booker, Will Allen, etc. cannot be criticized too much, they had some great moments this season, considering the team's talent.

Jay Feely played awesome and no mention of him, but Fields is a player. Fields? He made me nervous with his 20 yard shanks a few times this year, so maybe I can't judge talent haha.

my point: nobody knows what's going to happen, we'll have to all wait and see. With Parcells, he could be trying to trade those 4 players and trying to make them look good (not literally). Who knows really?!

Guys let`s be honest, there are too many average-to-crap players and old players on this team. There is no room for sentiment with people like Zach, JT etc. Bill is going to tear this team apart, and rightly so. He knows what he`s doing and I`m sure that in 3 to 4 years time we will have a team to be proud of, be excited about and watch challenge week in week out.

Guys let`s be honest, there are too many average-to-crap players and old players on this team. There is no room for sentiment with people like Zach, JT etc. Bill is going to tear this team apart, and rightly so. He knows what he`s doing and I`m sure that in 3 to 4 years time we will have a team to be proud of, be excited about and watch challenge week in week out.

exactly and u my friend are a REALIST. not in denial or a straight up homer.

I think will allen played good and should be a great number 2 if we can find someone to be a shut down at 1.

exactly and u my friend are a REALIST. not in denial or a straight up homer.

I think will allen played good and should be a great number 2 if we can find someone to be a shut down at 1.

Cheers to you SR 7, someone on my wave length!! We`ve been kidding ourselves for too long, rebuilding through the Parcells drafts is the only way forward. Just woken up from a nice afternoon sleep ready for the game tonight at 11:15pm GMT!! Come on you G-Men.

Back
Top Bottom