MERGED 3x: reader beware/Parcells: only 4 players | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 3x: reader beware/Parcells: only 4 players

all i hope is that Ronnie Brown is still on the team, im FOR SURE we would of won a few more games if he was there to establish the run (example, pittsburgh in the slop, NYG in london, philadelphia and buffalo(round 1))

Sounds like Parcells has a much clearer idea of what's going on than most of the fans. If the story is accurate, the reason he didn't mention the veterans is because they won't be here by the time we get good.
And I don't blame him for not believing in Beck yet...the guy may wind up being good, but he hasn't shown anything yet and he's old for a second year player. If he delivers, it's gravy, but you can't count on it.

I would not trust this report very much. No one...and i mean No one thinks that brandon fields did an excellent job last year... and he didn't even mention Jay Feely or Will allen...

Brandon fields one of the 4 best? give me a break!

The more I think about this the more it appears to be very obvious the conversation between this unnamed source and Bill was related to young talent. And if so, its probably accurate. Moreover, just think about having a casual conversation. Would you go out of your way to pull out a roster, and be like "Ya, let me just make sure Im not missing anyone" - don't think so. It was probably off the top of his head, "Ya, theres a couple young guys, Ginn, Satele, Fields, Ronnie if he is healthy..." Im sure if the unnamed source PROBED, "What about Rod Wright?", Bill would reply "Oh ya, hes alright too." This was not a formal meeting. Im not the least bit concerned about the fates of some of the promising youngsters, or veterans.

One of the keys is in the third paragraph, "you know he always plays the poor man". I think there's more players than that, and I think BP does too. He's got to play it up to get the best deal for that #1 draft choice and if it's widely known we need players/choices that may help swing a deal. The #1 only goes so far but turn it into multiple #1's and 2's and were talking getting help fast.

I think he just means there's four players to build around. He's not going to do something crazy like turn over 80% of the roster in one off season. I don't even know why Brandon Fields gets on that list, either...probably just because he trusts Steve Hoffman implicitly and Hoffman is in love with Fields' leg.

You could easily see 26 to 28 players on next year's roster that were not on the roster in 2007, though.

He left Beck's name off of that list for a reason. He wants out of that #1 spot and wants other teams to think we're interested in a QB.

IMO Parcells will overhaul a lot of our roster similar to what he did with the coaching staff.He will keep a few but he will make it tough to predict which ones. I don't see Parcells as the type of coach who likes to use the previous coach's players, he likes to use all his own stuff that way he receives total credit for his work.

Coincidental that he left out great Dolphins players that play positions that are high in the draft?

Of course he's not going to say, I don't need a QB, RB, DT, DE and whatever else is top5 in the draft. Teams may feel more compelled to trade up for that first pick if they can't be assured they'll get their guy.

I dont agree with that at all. Theres other players i was encouraged about. Players like L. Booker. Will Allen. and we had a ton of injuries this year... i know we were bad. Im getting a little nervous that some of the younger guys weve drafted wont get a fair shot.. guys like abe and rod wright...

Will Allen is 30 years old...hell be on his way out soon...

I am pretty sure that Vernon Carey, Jason Taylor, Joey Porter, and Channing Crowder are all going to be back next year

I think he just means there's four players to build around. He's not going to do something crazy like turn over 80% of the roster in one off season. I don't even know why Brandon Fields gets on that list, either...probably just because he trusts Steve Hoffman implicitly and Hoffman is in love with Fields' leg.

You could easily see 26 to 28 players on next year's roster that were not on the roster in 2007, though.

CK, 27 players were added to the roster this season, I do think Parcells will cut more deeply then we realize at the moment, there will be some surprises.

Back
Top Bottom