MERGED 3x: reader beware/Parcells: only 4 players | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 3x: reader beware/Parcells: only 4 players

Good, Parcells fully understands the situation. Never doubted that he would.

This team went 1-15, so yeah, talent doesn't really exist much for this team. That is why Parcells and co. were brought in. They were brought in to turn this ship around and get actual talent here. Now some think this is going to be a 3-4 year job, but in today's NFL this can be accomplished in as soon as two offseasons. Now I don't think Miami is a Super Bowl contender in two years, but I think they should have a pretty good shot at the playoffs. We finally have some real football minds in charge.

Brandon Fields isn't even that great of a punter. This is probably another article were NFL coachesa re just playing head games like Cam did last year with Miami wanting to draft Brady Quinn.

Guys let`s be honest, there are too many average-to-crap players and old players on this team. There is no room for sentiment with people like Zach, JT etc. Bill is going to tear this team apart, and rightly so. He knows what he`s doing and I`m sure that in 3 to 4 years time we will have a team to be proud of, be excited about and watch challenge week in week out.

Couldnt of said it better myself.

Im not sure why some are seeing this as a bad thing. The only negative that I see in this article is that he mentions Brandon Fields, who I thought was atrocious last year. Other than that, he pretty much hits it spot on. We lack talent. However, a couple of points. First, I have a HUNCH that this inside source was talking to Bill about young talent, because every player listed was drafted last year, with the exception of Ronnie. They were probably discussing the past drafts of the Fins, and Parcells said something like "Wanna know how badly they drafted, I got 4 players to work with from the last 3 drafts". Now, no mention of Johnny, but with the recent reports of a personal trainer hired to bulk him up, and Ireland saying he has spoken with him, I think its safe to say he is in the plans... for now. Also, not mentioning him is a wonderful Matt Ryan smokescreen. Get ready for lots of those. Remember Saban's first year, when we desperately wanted to trade down, so all off-season we heard stories of us being infatuated with Braylon Edwards, and Saban attending Alex Smith's private workouts and shaking his hand, and even having a great deal of interest in Rodgers. This is what happens when you're at the top of the draft and want to move out of there. We all have to be cognizant of this and really sift through all information we get with a critical eye. Hey, look, Parcells is a savvy vet. He knows who to tell when he wants things leaked. This is just the way the business is.

Make no mistake, guys like Carey, Booker (we can drop the L, he is now THE Booker, with Marty likely on the outs), Will Allen, JT, Porter and probably Jason Allen and Feely will be on this team next year barring something drastic. None of them will be cut. A trade is possible with some of the vets, but highly unlikely. Cut? MAYBE Jason Allen if he is outclassed in TC, but I dont see it, he improved down the stretch. Porter? If they are willing to take the cap hit, MAYBE, but again, highly unlikely. Now, as for two years from now, who really knows, but for now, these guys will be Miami Dolphins. And I for one am pleased, because I like most (all) of these few.

eh, things people write about that cannot confirm a direct source with a name I tend to take with a grain of salt. and besides, this report goes against just about everything he has said of Beck and Taylor. And how could he think fields is good? Ill wait till my own eyes see what happens before I trust the writings of these people who have "sources". Anyone can write their crap and say,"I heard from a source close to the Dolphins that..." It should all be taken with a grain of salt

Parcells thinks we only have 4 good players on this team

So Parcells is telling folks the Dolphins are bad. That is not a revelation. But this is: "I talked to him a week or two ago and he was telling me he has only three or four players down there," another NFL legend said. "He believes he's got a punter [Brandon Fields], he's got a center [Samson Satele], he's got Ted Ginn, and maybe he's got a running back if Ronnie Brown gets back to being the guy he was early last year. But even Brown he's not really counting on."
Is that it? No Jason Taylor, no Zach Thomas, no John Beck, no Yeremiah Bell, no Vernon Carey, no Paul Soliai, no Channing Crowder nor Joey Porter?
"Nope," the man said. "That's it. He doesn't mention those other guys."

For the rest....
http://www.thephinsider.com/

eh, things people write about that cannot confirm a direct source with a name I tend to take with a grain of salt. and besides, this report goes against just about everything he has said of Beck and Taylor. And how could he think fields is good? Ill wait till my own eyes see what happens before I trust the writings of these people who have "sources". Anyone can write their crap and say,"I heard from a source close to the Dolphins that..." It should all be taken with a grain of salt

Well last night should have shown us, its not what people write but what actually happens.

Well last night should have shown us, its not what people write but what actually happens.

thats what Im sayin. All the writers try to turn there OPINIONS into FACT by creating these stories and saying "from a source" even though most of the time their "source" is no better than a donkeys ***

Two things on this....

1. It's draft time and that means it's the perfect time to send out false stories about how you don't have any players to build around, making all the players at the top of the draft seem like possible candidates for the #1 pick (McFadden, Dorsey, Ellis, Ryan, etc).

2. I agree with JamesBW43, it's called rebuilding for a reason. Now that doesn't mean that we are going to bring in a whole new team via draft and FA in a year or two, but it does mean that alot of the players on the current roster more than likely won't be here in 2 years.
I was thinking the EXACT same thing about #1....agree 100%

Two things on this....

1. It's draft time and that means it's the perfect time to send out false stories about how you don't have any players to build around, making all the players at the top of the draft seem like possible candidates for the #1 pick (McFadden, Dorsey, Ellis, Ryan, etc).

2. I agree with JamesBW43, it's called rebuilding for a reason. Now that doesn't mean that we are going to bring in a whole new team via draft and FA in a year or two, but it does mean that alot of the players on the current roster more than likely won't be here in 2 years.

Good point

Do you guys think hes going to mention every player he "has" when asked? Think about that

Back
Top Bottom