Merged 3x: Semi-Official Disappointed with Culpepper Thread | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Semi-Official Disappointed with Culpepper Thread

I believe he will be able to play the first game of the season. he is confident that he will, and saban even said that there is a possibility he will. somwhere it said that he was working his knee freaklishly and that he is ahead of schedule. heres to hoping hes healthy...

As for the rest of you DCulpepper bashers...this thread will be saved, im sure you can count on that. I dont think we have seen the best out of him yet, but Saban will tap right into that, you haters just watch. also this thread was the most difficult to read through. After all this team has gone through searching for an unproven qb to explode...we finally get a bonafide franchise signal caller and there is still complaining. you all will eat your words.

I have been saying all along that this team would be FORTUNATE to have Culpepper has its QB and now it's come to pass. Culpepper has way more positives than Brees ever did. Culpepper has uncanny combination of size and speed (McGahee recovered from a similar injury, and all indications are that he's healing well, so his mobility may not be hampered). Even if it is, he's still more mobile than Brees could dream to be. After word got out that Brees had rotator cuff surgery as well people starting getting really worried about his shoulder. Then he drops that bomb that he might not be play the whole season??? Are you kidding me? This guy wanted big time money and there is a possibility that he may not play. The joke is on the Saints big time! He got $10 million guaranteed, and he might be on the shelf the whole year. Does this sound familiar (ala Pennington)? There's reports that his deal is in essence a one year deal, so the Saints left themselves a way out if it doesn't work, but Brees swindled the **** out of them.

If Saban and Co had done that deal, I would've been shocked. Brees arm was average before the injury, so there's no telling what it will be after. Brees' motivations were cleary to get paid quickly because of uncertanity. Brees made about $9 million last year, so it's very reasonble to assume that he could take a contract with less gurantees and more insentives for a chance to try to win championships. But he didn't do that, he wanted a deal with the bulk of his money up front, so if his arm never heals, he still gets paid. If he was so sure that would he return to top form, why not take a lower signing bonus and include some performance incentives. Heck even Frerotte had reach performance thresholds that triggered incentives in his K. If Gus was younger, more accurate, and more talented, the Phins would've immediately paid those incentives. Enough about Brees, let's talk about Culpepper.

He has a BIG TIME arm. There are only a few Qbs in the league that have the kind of arm he has along with his accuracy. Getting Culpepper was the best thing that's happened to this team since hiring Nick Saban. Finally the Phins will have a signal caller that is worthy of a starting position, and not one that is starting because there's no one better. We've had to suffer long enough with the losers that played QB after Marino retired, Saban put an end to that. At the end of the season, Saban said he wanted to upgrade the QB position, and he's done just that.

Trekbiz said:
Oye Vey!

Mularkey is running his own system.
That's what coaches do.

Saban insisted that the coaches learn the terminology from Linehan's system and transfer it to Mularkey's system to minimize the learning curve for the players. Now many have mentioned that Mularkey runs a similar system but nonetheless, it will be Mularkey's system.

Why is this hard to understand?

That's ludicrous. The one thing Saban talks about all the time is CONSISTENCY. Think about it!!! MM is probably a couple of seasons away from another shot at a head coaching gig. Saban is already looking good with Linehan landing a gig under his tutilege. If MM installed his own system then EVERYONE would have to learn a new system from a guy that's probably going to be gone. Then after he's gone, you bring in someone else and learn a new system. That's a riduculous notion. Mularkey will learn this system and put in his own wrinkles to keep things CONSISTENT. Saban has seen what effect having to learn new systems has done to Chris Chambers development. The offense will remain the same but with some twists, coupled with the fact that Culpepper would be knowledgeable of the offense (Saban already said in his interview on miamidolphins.com that initial conversations with Culpepper about the offensive terminology have been good). Saban is keeping the same MIAMI DOLPHINS OFFENSE because that would be the CONSISTENT thing to do.

can any one give me a cool daunte culpepper avatar in a miami dolphins jersey

nopony said:
The only thing worse than pretending everything is about race is pretending nothing is about race.

Anytime anyone even brings it up he is jumped on.

That kind of thinking exists. A lot. And it DOES account for how SOME people feel about Daunte being our quarterback.

Most? No way. Some? Absolutely.

Nopony--I must say that you always write some very well thought out posts. When you bashed Frerotte (which I did as well), you backed it up with stats. You've done the same in your support of Culpepper. Which I UTTERLY support. I think Saban should be credited for getting a top three QB for JUST a 2nd round pick. We got AJ Feely, a third string QB (Tedford product) for the same amount. And now you write something thought provoking about race. Nice job!

how can any dolfan be upset about getting culpepper?

i initially was one of those dolfans that wanted brees over culpepper but the more i thought about it, i'm happy we got culpepper instead of brees...1) he has a knee injury not a shoulder injury...2) he wanted to be a dolphin...3) he restructured his contact and cleared about 5.6m in cap space...4) he is highly motivated...5) he thrived in this system under linehan...6)he has a stronger arm...the only better thing about brees is he wouldn't have cost a 2nd round draft pick...but i ask each in everyone of you who are against this move the following question: would you rather have culpepper or jay fiedler, damon huard, ray lucas, brian griese, sage rosenfels, a.j. feeley, gus frerotte??? do you think chris chambers is happy that he has culpepper throwing to him now??? the bottomline is we have a franchise quarterback for the first time since dan marino...we have been looking for a qb for 6 years...we finally got one who is only 29 years old so be happy!!

AMEN i was the same i wanted brees but culpepper is going to a beast and anyone that is a dolphin is my new player to worhsip

jd13 said:
i initially was one of those dolfans that wanted brees over culpepper but the more i thought about it, i'm happy we got culpepper instead of brees...1) he has a knee injury not a shoulder injury...2) he wanted to be a dolphin...3) he restructured his contact and cleared about 5.6m in cap space...4) he is highly motivated...5) he thrived in this system under linehan...6)he has a stronger arm...the only better thing about brees is he wouldn't have cost a 2nd round draft pick...but i ask each in everyone of you who are against this move the following question: would you rather have culpepper or jay fiedler, damon huard, ray lucas, brian griese, sage rosenfels, a.j. feeley, gus frerotte??? do you think chris chambers is happy that he has culpepper throwing to him now??? the bottomline is we have a franchise quarterback for the first time since dan marino...we have been looking for a qb for 6 years...we finally got one who is only 29 years old so be happy!!

You forgot, he is more accurate than brees too, a very non gus frerotte quality which I highly admire in daunte. If he can just learn to not fumble quite so much (protect the football), he can be unstoppable. I am thrilled to have him considering the massive quantity of fecal matter we have had at the qb position since marino retired.

DCulpepper is going to explode under this offensive system and this coaching staff.

Me too im tired of the anti culpepper people im proud that we have one of the best qbs in the nfl and everyones complaining nick saban giving up a 2nd rounder and if u dont like it then get out of here.

Duante Culpepper Throws A 60 Yard Bomb To A Wide Open Chambers For A Touchdown!!!!!

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeanne\My Documents\My Pictures\My Pics\DauntesInferno.gif

good ole brees vs. pep

a) pep will play wit a prorated salary...he makes more and more every yr....and on average the salary cap rises around 8-10% so hes stayin about about even money....unlike brees who wanted even money throughtout his career...

b) pep has a better long ball and stronger arm then brees.....gus last yr was the league leader in 40+ yard pass attempts (last in 40+ compl).....linehans system was to set up the short and imtermiedete game, thru throwin the long ball and keepin the opp on there toes.....brees has a weaker arm....lacks experience...mobility....and wanted more money per yr

im happy

Here's a question for all of the "Culpepper was a product of Moss" folks. Remember in 2004 Daunte Culpepper was the 2nd best QB (statiscally) in the NFL. If Culpepper's succes was truely becuase of Moss, why wasn't Kerry Collins the 2nd best QB in the NFL last season. Go ahead, tell me Moss was injured last year (because as I always point out fans can only seem to remember the last thing they saw when it comes to football). Well Moss played more games for the Raiders in 2005 than he did for the Vikings in 2004 and he also had more catches and yards for the Raiders. Culpepper had a completion percentage of 69.9% in 2004, yet he completed 49 passes to Moss. Did he only attempt 80 passes or am I missing something??? The Moss made Culpepper arguement has no facts to back it up.

Furthermore I read somewhere in this thread that Culpepper folds in big games. Well what about Brees?? It's funny because I can't seem to think of one big game a Drew Brees lead team has won. I can seem to recall a certain game vs the Jets where the favored Chargers lost at home, a game vs Dallas where Brees's crucial INT sealed the game for the Cowboys and of course everytime Drew Brees has faced our beloved Miami Ddolphins he has gotten pummeled like a little Biatch and Miami has won. Including a crucial fumble that sealed the game in 2005.

I really think some fans just get there heart set of one thing and will not let go of it. Wanny picked Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees in the draft, get over it. Me, I wanted to trade for Steve McNair and draft a QB but that didn't happen. That doesn't mean I'm going to skew facts and make stuff up to make it seem like the finss made the wrong choice. Being able to say, " I told you so", is just too important to some people.

My favorite is Matt Schaub over Daunte Culpepper. Are you kidding me. This guy has one good game (a loss mind you) vs a New England secondary that was absolutely at it's lowest point during the 2005 season (even Gus Frerrotte threw for 360 yards vs them the next week) and he's a better prospect than Culpepper. Please!!!!!

tmny99 said:
That's ludicrous. The one thing Saban talks about all the time is CONSISTENCY. Think about it!!! MM is probably a couple of seasons away from another shot at a head coaching gig. Saban is already looking good with Linehan landing a gig under his tutilege. If MM installed his own system then EVERYONE would have to learn a new system from a guy that's probably going to be gone. Then after he's gone, you bring in someone else and learn a new system. That's a riduculous notion. Mularkey will learn this system and put in his own wrinkles to keep things CONSISTENT. Saban has seen what effect having to learn new systems has done to Chris Chambers development. The offense will remain the same but with some twists, coupled with the fact that Culpepper would be knowledgeable of the offense (Saban already said in his interview on miamidolphins.com that initial conversations with Culpepper about the offensive terminology have been good). Saban is keeping the same MIAMI DOLPHINS OFFENSE because that would be the CONSISTENT thing to do.

:rolleyes:

Yes it's a rediculous notion.....

Saban stated that the language of Linehan's system will stay the same and be converted by the coaches to Mularkey's system INSTEAD of the players having to learn new terminology. That is a new tactic that I haven't heard of another coach doing for his players. It is Mularkey's system, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.... well maybe you do around here.

Many have mentioned that Mularkey's system has many similarities with Linehan's and I'm sure he'll do his best to install the similarities first but it isn't the same. I'll go with Saban's comment on that thankyou but thanks for chiming in with your ludicrous theory.

By the way that "ludicrous" notion happens all the time in the NFL when a new coordinator is brought in on either side of the ball. This posters here get worse and worse by the day.

Back
Top Bottom