Merged 3x: Semi-Official Disappointed with Culpepper Thread | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Semi-Official Disappointed with Culpepper Thread

chrome4 said:
:tantrum: I hate Culpepper. Talk about an overpaid, injury prone, and fat *******. :fire: Saban just gave up our potential left tackle or sam madison's replacement with this deal. Please fail the physical. :boohoo:

You should go read Fineas' thread.

daniel3 said:
You know, I have to wonder if it really is because he is black. I was just listening to the LeBatard show and he posed the question that if this were Carson Palmer, would there be as many people saying that his leg injury is of a bigger concern than Drew Brees's shoulder injury.

God almighty!

I can't tell you how sick and tired I get of this race bullshiznit! Any time someone voices legitimate concerns about someone that is african american in any situation or any industry they always get called out as a bigot by someone or some organization.

First off Lebatard ALWAYS plays the race card on every single subject he can. It's how he stirs up the pot and gets callers in a frenzy. He can't do it on his own content so he sells out.

Secondly, Carson Palmers knee injury is very serious so yes, I'd have the exact same worries about his recovery as I do about Culpepper.

Trekbiz said:
God almighty!

I can't tell you how sick and tired I get of this race bullshiznit! Any time someone has legitimate concerns about someone that is african american in any situation or any industry they always get called out as a bigot by someone or some organization.

First off Lebatard ALWAYS plays the race card on every single subject he can. It's how he stirs up the pot and gets callers in a frenzy. He can't do it on his own content so he sells out.

Secondly, Carson Palmers knee injury is very serious so yes, I'd have the exact same worries about his recovery as I do about Culpepper.

The only thing worse than pretending everything is about race is pretending nothing is about race.

Anytime anyone even brings it up he is jumped on.

That kind of thinking exists. A lot. And it DOES account for how SOME people feel about Daunte being our quarterback.

Most? No way. Some? Absolutely.

Man i just dont get it,if he is not the man in 2006 then why not draft a qb in the first round and let him play and next year he would have one year under his belt.This was really a reach for saban.Not a good move.

rdhstlr23 said:
I didn't want either, but I wanted Culpepper more than Brees...to give a guy 10 million in gauranteed money, after seeing what happened with Pennington...would just be ludicrous. The New Orleans Saints were the biggest idiots to give him that much. I wanted Ramsey, I really did. I thought that he was the best deal for the best price (a 4th rounder) out there and it didn't happen. Oh well, I'm sure the personnel management of Miami knows alot more than I do, about this one. I'm really interested to see when he is expected to be available to play, because I can only assume it won't be in 2006.

I totally agree with you on this one. I thought it would be crazy to give a guy with the same injury as Pennington a big contract after seeing how his scenario has played out. I prefered Daunte just based on the fact that it will be less money and and less risk (a bad leg is less likely to end a qb's career than a bad throwing arm). But I also thought Ramsey would be a good deal. Less money and a clean bill of health. I will say though that with Culpeppers big arm I think he should be a nice fit for our stretch the field offensive mentality. I think Pep will be just fine here. We really needed something different at qb. I like Gus but his inconsistant accuracey really hurt us last year. Our WR's had plenty of drops and didn't help him out at times but we need better accuracey from our qb to get where we want to go. Hopefully Pep will bring that.

chrome4 said:
:tantrum: I hate Culpepper. Talk about an overpaid, injury prone, and fat *******. :fire: Saban just gave up our potential left tackle or sam madison's replacement with this deal. Please fail the physical. :boohoo:

fat *******? The guy has 8% body fat.

Just reading this thread makes me want to throw up.

It's funny how many people wanted the shorter, slower, more expensive quarterback with the more severe injury.

Section126 said:

It's funny how many people wanted the shorter, slower, more expensive quarterback with the more severe injury.

And another thing, i was listening to Mortensen this morning and he said the public found out about the extent of Bree's in injury way after the surgery. He didnt say they were hiding it but he made it clear that it was odd that the extent of the injury was kept hush until late.

I dont know about you but that makes me wonder if Brees's arm will in fact be the same ever!

Section126 said:

The guy has a double chin, and also I am going to check the bmi to check if he is overweight.

wow. Wtf are u guy tlkin about? Culpepper allready said withought a shadow of a doubt he WILL start the 1st game.

chrome4 said:
The guy has a double chin, and also I am going to check the bmi to check if he is overweight.

Culpepper is ripped man. He's 6'4" 260lbs and a cannon for an arm.

Man are the people in this thread going to be eating their words hard later this season. I doubt 90% of you guys are around with the same name at that point.

after seeing ramsey so hyped up, i was kinda hoping for him, and maybe a mid round qb draft pick...i would of been STOKED on that.

i to am a hater of culpepper i felt sick when i saw that he had passed the physical to make the trade official, should have put the extra in for brees:tantrum: :boohoo:

Aussiefinfan54 said:
i to am a hater of culpepper i felt sick when i saw that he had passed the physical to make the trade official, should have put the extra in for brees:tantrum: :boohoo:

Aww, that sucks for you eh?

Grizzly2269 said:
wow. Wtf are u guy tlkin about? Culpepper allready said withought a shadow of a doubt he WILL start the 1st game.

What else is he going to say?
He's a competitive guy and he wants to prove himself.
Good sign but hardly a medical assessment.

It is far from being "without a shadow of a doubt" that he'll be ready.

I am certainly hoping he can be ready because as of right now he's all we have. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom