Merged 3x: Semi-Official Disappointed with Culpepper Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Semi-Official Disappointed with Culpepper Thread

Quote all these posts for later when Daunte tears up next season!

I'm just happy we finally have a franchise caliber QB again. I must admit I'm alittle surprised Saban would give a 2nd for him, especially when he won't be ready to play til September at the earliest. But I am glad we resolved the QB issue, will be interesting to see who gets all the mini-camp/training camp/preseason snaps!

I hope your right but he will not be ready to play for this season there saying he will miss at least the first 5 games

bigchub22 said:
yeah im not pleased we dont have our second pick is another big reason and i dont want to hear the daunte is better than a second yea but not better than having drew brees AND our second

Brees wanted to go to to the Saints. He signed for the Saints. So we get DC. Not a bad result I say. Certainly better than Eddie Moore or A J Feeley, two guys we recently spent second rounders on.

And if Saban is as clever as we all think there is no way he does the deal without due diligence. Everyone says we should have gave Brees the extra $2m. How do they know that was the only problem with the deal, or if that was even the problem.

At least DC wants to be a Dolphin and didn't need to be wined and dined and then knock us back.

lol @ u haters..CULPEPPER IS OURS!!!!!!!!!!!! i couldn't be happier.....

I didn't want either, but I wanted Culpepper more than Brees...to give a guy 10 million in gauranteed money, after seeing what happened with Pennington...would just be ludicrous. The New Orleans Saints were the biggest idiots to give him that much. I wanted Ramsey, I really did. I thought that he was the best deal for the best price (a 4th rounder) out there and it didn't happen. Oh well, I'm sure the personnel management of Miami knows alot more than I do, about this one. I'm really interested to see when he is expected to be available to play, because I can only assume it won't be in 2006.

PhinsPhan said:
I have never liked him.

But besides that he won't even be able to play until mid season. That and we gave a 2nd rounder to get him.

Was Brees really that badly hurt, wouldnt it be better to just give him an extra million and save a 2nd rounder?

I agree with you PhinsPhan, I have never lliked DC either. Don't leave us much ammo for the draft and he won't be playing much this year if even at all. If I was Gus I would refuse to take a pay cut, the fins still need a QB for the start of the season.

finnyfan4life said:
Quote all these posts for later when Daunte tears up next season!

put it in your sig. 2 turnovers a game and has never shown to be successful at winning big games and without moss.

Good point on 790 the ticket....
Chad Pennington, or Willis Mcgahee?

Who is doing better coming back?

Dissapointing Offseason Thus Far

Why does it seem like the same things happen to us every offseason? Go into the FA with high hopes, but seem like we always get the short end of the stick. Think we are getting Brees, then turns out to get a guy that we weren't even permitted to give a true evaluation, no physical. Seems like everyone has forgotten what Pepper did before he was injured w/o Randy, NOTHING!!! So now not only do we get an overratted QB, but one we have no idea about how he is physically, and who knows if he will be ready for the start of the season.

Aside from Pepper we missed out a a pro bowl Center in Mawae, and got an average OL in Shelton. Then there is the WR issue, I personally think WR is not the place we need to spend money, but they get our hopes up w/ talks of Givens and then it seems like almost no push was made for him either. If anyone actually thinks TO is going to sign w/ us you are crazy! So lets not even see the TO threads, please.

I am a Wanny hater, and felt good about Saban, but thus far I am dissapointed. Last season when he said our main concerns are the O Line and QB what did he do? I blew it off and put it on stage fright, 1st year in NFL doesn't want to make major moves, ok. This year there is no excuse. And then there is Ricky, my RW jersey went up in flames in the parking lot of Joe Robbie last year, looks like more should have followed suit. This POS should have been dropped from the team last season, and now we have to deal w/ him all over again. I don't care if he is innocent or whatever, I don't want to hear about him, or have him affecting this team.

I'm not sayin they should have payed Brees all this gaurenteed moeny, but Pepper wasn't the answer. Why were there no talks about trading up for Leinart or Cutler?

I sure hope Gus isn't going to be the starter until Culpepper is ready. The season could be over by the time DC is ready to go. AND I think we overpaid for him by at least one round.
Brees is a greedy *******. Saban obviously wanted Brees over Culpepper...we could have traded a second for Culpepper days ago. Then we wouldn't have missed out on all these FA's that have been signed by other teams. We really missed the boat on a few of these guys.

PLEASE Nick....know what you're doing!

Back
Top Bottom