Merged 4x:ESPN Insider Article: KC Surtain agree,in principle to a contract | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x:ESPN Insider Article: KC Surtain agree,in principle to a contract

Jaj said:
Actually most Chiefs fan are really good people. Lot better than Broncos fans atleast. From what I've seen Chiefs and Vikings fans are usually the most hospitable people to talk to.

Yeah the majority of the fans seem cool and wouldnt mind giving up the second for surtain but you got some serious odd balls in there that are straight idiots....

There are plenty of idiots on this board. It crosses all teams everywhere. If anything that boards a lot more civil then most I've seen.

Anyways I've popped in there with the latest Saban quote. Lets see what chat that provokes.

Anyways back on track.

If Saban can pull a 2nd round pick and a 2nd day pick I'll be a lot more happier with this trade. I'm not really buying the posturing of keeping Surtain and franchising him next year as that's more then the $14 million in guarenteed money he's looking for. Not to mention I don't really see many areas we can trim from the cap right now beyond Surtain. We also have viable replacements in Howard/Poole to make this attempt.

VanDolPhan said:
Anyways back on track.

If Saban can pull a 2nd round pick and a 2nd day pick I'll be a lot more happier with this trade. I'm not really buying the posturing of keeping Surtain and franchising him next year as that's more then the $14 million in guarenteed money he's looking for. Not to mention I don't really see many areas we can trim from the cap right now beyond Surtain. We also have viable replacements in Howard/Poole to make this attempt.

howard and pole both got burnt. Madison is the only one that can play at a good level.

AquaAssasin said:
howard and pole both got burnt. Madison is the only one that can play at a good level.

Err Poole looked pretty good in the time he did get to play. Look up the stats. The kids got a future. Howard got burnt a little but he isn't a prototypical nickel corner. Remember how the phins staff would rave about Surtain being able to play the slot? Howard isn't a guy who can play the slot. He's better on the outside. Now if he could just hold onto those INT's (what 4 dropped ones this year) and playing more zone schemes he should improve.

Honestly I'm hoping Poole plays lights out and relegates Howard obsolete and we can go sign a cheaper CB.

AquaAssasin said:
posted by beer baron

"Saban is just building upon Miami's fine tradition of crazy idiot headcoaches"

Posted by CarlSignThemOrDie

""we need to work those sun soaked idiots in their FO. damn they are minor league all new to the game we got them right where we want them as long as we play this right.""

That doesnt sound too bad...what have you been reading?

Hahaha. I am beer baron there :D I was thinking of how you guys were talking about how Wanny would have traded Surtain for a used condom and some old socks by now when I posted that. If you read my other posts I am in favor of the trade for the 2nd.

Also, most of the trash talking is done by chiefsfolife and he is pretty much the village idiot around there.

Way to go Nick. Hold out for th ebest deal possible. Youre holding ALL the cards here. At worst, Surtain is under cotract for another year. Thats not bad at all.

Chiefs will fold, I dont think they would of gone through the trouble of negotiating a contract with Surtain if they werent willing to get closer to our asking price. Saban will hopefully hold his ground, a first day pick or go screw yourself!

a 3rd this year and a 4th next year.

That or give us a 2nd rounder this year. KC has to pony up now!

MikeO said:
a 3rd this year and a 4th next year.

That or give us a 2nd rounder this year. KC has to pony up now!

Chiefs can't trade their 3rd this year since he was a compensation pick. How about a 4th this year and a 2nd next year?

Dolfan2788 said:
Why are the cheifs even considering getting Surtain anyway? They could get Miller, Rogers, Rolle or Pacman if they fall to them. Future great DB's.

when your team is built to win now, u dont have time for a rookie to progress.

KC may not give in. I hope they will as the draft nears. But, they may be hoping to force Saban's hand with the deal and make him give up less b/c Pat will be a free agent next year. It could just be a standoff that will not lead anywhere.

Saban is showing himself to be a tough dude to crack. He has his principles and he's not going to compromise. That's good. It's very much unlike the previous overseer. What was his name?

Back
Top Bottom