Merged 4x:ESPN Insider Article: KC Surtain agree,in principle to a contract | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x:ESPN Insider Article: KC Surtain agree,in principle to a contract

ESPN Insider Article: KC Surtain agree, Dolfins coach balk.

Is anyone an insider that can get to this article?

With a contract deal done, I think it's only a matter of time before they come together on draft pick compensation. The Chiefs have more to lose here, and I think they'll come up off that 4th round price. Whether that means we get a 3 or a 2, or a 3 and a lower pick, is anyone's guess.

It just says that the Dolphins won't lower their asking price for Surtain. KC has worked out some numbers with Surtains' agents including a 14 million dollar signing bonus. Saban wants at least a 2.

Saban is reported to want a 2nd and additional mid-round pick for Patrick.

However, Saban said that doesn't mean he's going to give away the three-time Pro Bowl cornerback. The Dolphins have asked for a second-round pick and an additional middle-round pick, according to three NFL sources.

BSQX4 said:
It just says that the Dolphins won't lower their asking price for Surtain. KC has worked out some numbers with Surtains' agents including a 14 million dollar signing bonus. Saban wants at least a 2.

Well, the thing is that I've also read that we're looking for a pick in the top 3 rounds. So we may take a 3. It all depends on which source you believe.

Don't take anything less then a 2nd and 4th or 5th round pick. Saban's in the driver seat. Make the Chiefs crack and give in.

phunwin said:
Well, the thing is that I've also read that we're looking for a pick in the top 3 rounds. So we may take a 3. It all depends on which source you believe.

Yea but the 3 would have to be a next years 3, KC can't trade their compensatory pick this year. So if they go by the old rule a next years 3 is lequal to this years 4th then I don't see it being a 3 either way, but what do I know that's why I am on my way to work right now and not sitting in the front office of an NFL team. :lol:

He I think I just saw you drive by Phun :D

We need a 2nd THIS year -- that's the whole purpose of this trade, other than the salary cap stuff. I'll take a 2nd this year and a mid-round pick next year.

phunwin said:
With a contract deal done, I think it's only a matter of time before they come together on draft pick compensation. The Chiefs have more to lose here, and I think they'll come up off that 4th round price. Whether that means we get a 3 or a 2, or a 3 and a lower pick, is anyone's guess.
You hit the paramount issue....They have a deal worked out!

KC WANTS Surtain more than Law....they have negotiated a long term deal with him, rather than Law, KNOWING they would have to clear another hurdle....You are right, it's only a matter of time before they have to give in.

Back
Top Bottom