(Merged 4x) Rumor: Dolphins seriously interested in Atogwe | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged 4x) Rumor: Dolphins seriously interested in Atogwe

Love it how Fins are started to be consider one of the high spenders of the NFL. Kinda nice to hear for once.

I was looking at some articles.. Ross is the second richest owner in the NFL behind Paul Allen of the seahawks. Ross is also the 68th richest american, valued at 4.5 billion. Huizenga was loaded also hes valued at 2.5 billion, good for 3rd when he was majority owner.

http://network.yardbarker.com/NFL/a..._Who_Has_To_Spend_If_NFL_Goes_Uncapped/269627

Edit: Ross's value fell due to the real estate collapse to about 3.5 billion, still good enough for second richest owner though, still in the forbes top 500 also

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/11599/11599

Last edited by a moderator:
The St. Louis Rams have a little more than an hour remaining to sign veteran safety O.J. Atogwe to a longterm extension or bump up his pay 110 percent from last season which would require them to pay him $6.976 million in 2010.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that it appears the club’s chances of striking a deal for the turnover maker are fading. At this point, one would figure the Rams would have to bowl Atogwe over with an offer to prevent him from at least exploring the market as an unrestricted free agent.

If the Rams didn’t want to pay Atogwe nearly $7 million before free agency opened when they made him a tender as a restricted free agent, why would they want to pay him that amount now? There is always a chance he could shop for a deal in free agency and then give the Rams the right to match it. But that is a real risk the team will take. Once the clock strikes 11:01 in St. Louis, Atogwe will be unrestricted if no deal is consummated. The club hyas been negotiating with his agent Ken Landphere through the day.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Rams-Atogwe-enter-11th-hour.html

This is a win win situation. If we get Atogwe than we have our FS. If we don't even pursue him then Clemons has progressed incredibly and will start.

i'd be nervous projecting chris clemons as a solid starting free safety off a bunch of reps in shorts...and i'd sure like to see what kind of ball pursuit angles and change of direction he is displaying in full speed reps...if they in fact are running full speed reps all the way down the field...

my biggest concern with clemons off the tape last year was change of direction in space...and i'm just not sure how much you can improve that in one offseason...

still off whats on the roster right now i'd like to see him win the job...

Well its not all a win win... Lets say if we offer him money but he goes somewhere else.. That could me we needed him but got screwed.

hey finatic how long you stayin up tonight to see if they contacted him?

Plan on staying up late, comes with the territory. Usually at 3 am I call it quits.

Plan on staying up late, comes with the territory. Usually at 3 am I call it quits.

Is this because your source will let you know or are you just trying to be the first person to post the news as it comes across Schefter's twitter? I'm asking sincerely.

Just staying up to see what comes up. My source did there job and fed me what I posted here, the rest I have had to work my *** off to find. Just ask the guys who follow me on twitter. That is how my source works, he will drop something, but the rest I have to find out, and that my friend is no easy task. Especially when there is a ton of guys who don't want **** to leak.

Just staying up to see what comes up. My source did there job and fed me what I posted here, the rest I have had to work my *** off to find. Just ask the guys who follow me on twitter. That is how my source works, he will drop something, but the rest I have to find out, and that my friend is no easy task. Especially when there is a ton of guys who don't want **** to leak.

You could always just go to sleep and read ESPN when you wake up in the morning.

What did I miss? What did you post being from a source? Everything I've read has been pure speculation.

Back
Top Bottom