Merged 4x: Traylor Signs | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x: Traylor Signs

DOLFANMIKE said:
Timbo and maybe Chester as well. At this point we better keep Zgonia.

Any way you slice it, Traylor is a VERY important signing. I agree on keeping Zgonina at this point- we need all the depth we can possibly muster at DT right now. I just hope Chester's rehab goes well and he can get back because we NEED him in the middle BIG TIME.

Good news.

I love signing guys that were formely division rivals. :)

If Big Keith stays healthy, he can be a nice addition to the defense.

d-day said:
nublars missing out on all the fun - nublar7 :hump:
Why do the Dolphins always sign FAs while I am at my classes(12pm - 5pm)? :lol: I missed the Kevin Carter fun on the board also. Oh well.

I am glad they finally signed him and didn't let him go to another team. I feel much better now about our D-Line with him on board. My projected starting D-Line(with the thought that Chester and Bowens won't play):

DE - Vonnie Holliday
DT - Kevin Carter
DT - Keith Traylor
DE - Jason Taylor

Sweet! :banana:

Great news. We were looking pretty thin at DT. I'm curious about Wright ( don't know much about the kid) but he sure is being hyped by some. If we can get 2 years out of the tractor that would be fantastic.

Very happy to see this. I sure as hell did NOT want Saban to sit on his butt and stay with the defense we had. It's good to see him come in and make some moves.

BrazForPhins said:
correct me if I'm wrong, i guess the depth there is fine with chester,traylor,zgonia and romero..assuming carter can play there too.

I'd say we are still thin...Yes Carter can play inside when in the 4-3 scheme, but he is not a true NT, like Trayler is. IF Chester comes back, and that is still in the air, then we would be much better off in our base defense. I'd still think that Saban will go after someone else for the interior line because of the age of Trayler and Zgonia, and Chester's health...But basically Trayler replaces Bowens...so I still think we are too thin and long in the tooth at DT...

Nublar7 said:
Why do the Dolphins always sign FAs while I am at my classes(12pm - 5pm)? :lol: I missed the Kevin Carter fun on the board also. Oh well.

I am glad they finally signed him and didn't let him go to another team. I feel much better now about our D-Line with him on board. My projected starting D-Line(with the thought that Chester and Bowens won't play):

DE - Vonnie Holliday
DT - Kevin Carter
DT - Keith Traylor
DE - Jason Taylor

Sweet! :banana:

And a young man by the name of Matt Roth.

FinaticPatch said:
And a young man by the name of Matt Roth.
Roth won't start. He will probably see a lot of action(could actually be starting by 2006). My projected Depth Chart(Assuming we don't sign anyone else, Bowens retires and Chester recovers enough to play in a rotation):

DE - Vonnie Holliday - David Bowens
DT - Kevin Carter - Jeff Zgonina(or Dario Romero)
DT - Keith Traylor - Larry Chester
DE - Jason Taylor - Matt Roth

phinsforever said:
Great news. We were looking pretty thin at DT. I'm curious about Wright ( don't know much about the kid) but he sure is being hyped by some. If we can get 2 years out of the tractor that would be fantastic.
WRIGHT WHO? :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Back
Top Bottom