merged 5x:Frerotte's parting shot/ Gus sounds off / Hey Frerotte | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged 5x:Frerotte's parting shot/ Gus sounds off / Hey Frerotte

MiamiDLFIN

Phin Phan Phorever
Reaction score
I did feel badly for the guy, but he showed lack of class when he says stuff like this. He had to know that Saban was shopping around for a quarterback. It is not like the organization was keeping it a secret if we as fans knew it. I had a lot of respect for Gus until this. What do you guys think?:shakeno:

he deserves to feel jilted -- any pro athlete has to believe he can still be the best. In a vacuum, Gus could reasonably still be our QB and we could have made the playoffs next year. He has reason to feel bitter, he was treated like a red headed step child, with the Brees stuff then then Daunte addition. We're better off for it, but I don't blame him for feeling the way he does.

MiamiDLFIN said:
I did feel badly for the guy, but he showed lack of class when he says stuff like this. He had to know that Saban was shopping around for a quarterback. It is not like the organization was keeping it a secret if we as fans knew it. I had a lot of respect for Gus until this. What do you guys think?:shakeno:

says stuff like what? link "quote"?

For the uninitiated...what did he say? I know back in January he thought he was going to be the Dolphins starting QB next season so he probably felt unappreciated.

Umm.. Jeno James making a hefty sum qualifies him as a sucker in my book! :wink:

Why is he complaining? He's back with the guy who was in Saban's ear the whole time to get him the starting job. The guy that should be pissed is Marc Bulger.

If you guys go to the Ferrotte signs with the Rams thread you will find a link to the article and mine and going deeps opinions of his comments.

MiamiDLFIN said:

I don't know what to think, because you didn't include what he said ??

Sun-Sentinal article:

Saban released Frerotte shortly after acquiring Daunte Culpepper on Tuesday because Frerotte was unwilling to take a pay cut and rework his contract.

"Personally, I don't think things were handled the right way,'' Frerotte said. "After playing 16 games, winning nine after they only won [four] the year before, and then to just kind of be put on the back burner, that was kind of tough."

Wow, what cahones...He fails to mention that he had to be bailed out 2 of the last 6 games by Sage. He fails to mention all the inaccurate passes he made that cost us games early in the season. He talks as if he was the only reason we won any games last year.

Saban did not sugar coat things, and said from the end of the season that we'd be looking to upgrade the QB position (among other positions)...Like this is a surprise to Gus that he'd be asked to play the backup role for backup pay ?? A 34 year old never-was QB has a solid team around him and he talks as if he was the reason any games were won ??

I have totally lost all respect for the player, much less the man...

He is soconfident that signs with the Rams as what he is second string QB.
Linehan made him the starter, he was the only QB that knew the system.
I can't beleive he has anything to say but thanks for the opportunity.
If Gus was so good how come he had no offers to start.

This was kind of disappointing. Gus knew he was here just to get the ball rolling, and he knew that Saban was looking to upgrade this year. HE thinks he is the best, and I was happy with his play this year. But this is a game, yet a business... And our business is to get to the Super Bowl, and Gus just was not going to get us there in my opinion...

I wish him luck, but I don't think Miami or Saban deserves to be smacked... A thanks for the opportunity would have sufficed...

All that Gus had to do was restructure his contract so he was making back up money(2million for a good backup.) He wanted to be paid like a starter in Miami and he can't come to grips that he is not a starter in this league. Also Bulger does get injured and he probally thinks he has a better chance at getting playing time.

Back
Top Bottom