merged 5x:Frerotte's parting shot/ Gus sounds off / Hey Frerotte | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged 5x:Frerotte's parting shot/ Gus sounds off / Hey Frerotte

BlueFin said:
Sour grapes, he just wanted to be a part of the good things coming to Miami.

He was making a lot of money... He could have restructured and been reunited with Culpepper, with a chance to contribute because I'm sure if Culpepper was not ready to go, Gus would have been a started... Does he think he is going to get playing time in STL? Maybe, because Bulger is injury prone, but geeze... Again with some of these players, it's all about money.

Its a shame he cant succeed anywhere unless he follows Linehan around. I respect what he did for our team last year but by no means should he have expected to be a long term solution.

What planet did Gus just fall off of??? He was lucky enough to fall into a situation last year to start and have a chance to win - where else could he have done so. His greatest asset last year was his lack of gamekilling mistakes which put him head and shoulders above the Fielder/Feeley days. Culpepper offers the Dolphins the opportunity to win games with his arm- Gus can't and never will be able to do that. What does he expect - $5 Million for the bench. Pack your bags and go to St. Louis - Bulger will get killed and so will Gus if they don't change their OL schemes. He's acting like he still recovering from head butting that wall.

I liked Gus a lot - wish he had stayed as a $2M back up - you always need 2 QBs in this league. Hopefully we get Griese or someone competent and expierenced 'cause at some point they WILL play. 9-6 is a hell of a good record for a previous 4-12 team. BTW, if Sage was so great Saban would have kept HIM in the #2 spot.

i hated gus even before saban brought him in here. knew he sucked.

have fun sucking gus. thank god you aren't on our team any more!

Hey Frerotte, why didn't any other NFL teams try to sign you as a starter?

Because Frerotte is a below average NFL QB who had a horrible completion percentage last year. In many games last year, the Dolphins won in spite of his poor play. So I wish he would stop trying take so much credit for last years 9-7 record. If he is so good, why didn't any of the other NFL teams want him as their starter. He was a free agent and available to any team. I really lost respect for him at the end of this past season when he was trying to make a case that he played great last year and stating he should remain the starter. Also, his parting shots yesterday showed no class. Gus is just a very "self-involved" player who thinks he is better than he is. Saban stuck by him all last year (and gave Feely little chance in preseason even though Feely was younger and at least had more upside potential) and Gus hasn't shown any gratefulness for that. I used to think he was a humble team player, but I now realize he is just a big baby who decided to leave if he couldn't be the starter. My advice to Gus: the Dolphins are better off without a selfish player like you, so don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out!

Does Gus post here? Whats his username?

LarryFinFan said:
"Personally, I don't think things were handled the right way,'' Frerotte said. "After playing 16 games, winning nine after they only won [four] the year before, and then to just kind of be put on the back burner, that was kind of tough."

What the hell do you want him to say? There is nothing wrong with what he said there, he took no aggressive shot at the team. He said what any person in his position would say, and no one can doubt that. The fact that you guys are making an issue of of that statement is unbelieveable.

He did a fine job for us in the situation we were in and I wish him success in the future.

Does anybody know where this thread came from? LOL! I am shocked. Gus is long gone. Although i disliked Gus as our QB more than anybody in this forum, I think this thread is entirely unecessary.

Man, some of you finfans are cold. I never understood the animosity towards Gus. I thought he played very well for us last year. He stabilised a position that had been horrible for us for the last 6 years.
Of course he was limited in what he could accomplish, but overall, his performance was very strong. He is a very smart QB. Think of all the mistakes Feeley, Fiedler, Griese and all the other Qbs who played under Wanny made. Gus was very solid
This doesn't mean that I'm not happy C-pep is here. He obviously has loads of talent and is a real threat, but I think we could have won with Gus as well. Frerotte would have made an excellent backup, and going thte Rams will be great for him (understands Linehan's O, Bulger is injury prone).
Again, just to be clear, I am happy we now have Daunte, and I think he is an improvement, but let's not go overboard on the criticism of Gus. In my opinion he surpassed all my expectations last year, and played very admirably.

WOW, you guys are sensitive. I can't find anything wrong with what he said and am not one bit offended or upset about it.

Back
Top Bottom