merged 5x:Frerotte's parting shot/ Gus sounds off / Hey Frerotte | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged 5x:Frerotte's parting shot/ Gus sounds off / Hey Frerotte

Lane74 said:
he deserves to feel jilted -- any pro athlete has to believe he can still be the best. In a vacuum, Gus could reasonably still be our QB and we could have made the playoffs next year. He has reason to feel bitter, he was treated like a red headed step child, with the Brees stuff then then Daunte addition. We're better off for it, but I don't blame him for feeling the way he does.

How the heck do you think Feeley feels. He was never even given a decent shot to succeed. He was placed in an impossible situation.
At least Frerotte played behind a decent O-line and had 2 good running backs.

tmny99 said:
Dolphins | Frerotte unhappy with way things ended with team
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 08:28:26 -0800
Harvey Fialkov, of the Miami <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/167">Sun-Sentinel, reports St. Louis Rams QB Gus Frerotte is unhappy with the way the Miami Dolphins handled his release from the team. Frerotte said, "Personally, I don't think things were handled the right way. After playing 16 games, winning nine after they only won [four] the year before, and then to just kind of be put on the back burner, that was kind of tough." Frerotte was released shortly after the Dolphins acquired QB Daunte Culpepper from the Minnesota Vikings.

Too many of you sound like a rabble. There is nothing wrong with what Gus said. That is how he felt abut the way he was treated before the trade for Culpepper. And you know what... HE WAS TREATED LIKE AN OLD WORN OUT SHOE. But is that anyone's fault? No. Frerotte moves around alot. One season is hardly enough time to gain some kind of hometown loyalty from the Dolphins and their fans.

The bottom line is that Gus was cast off like it was no big deal. And that is because getting Culpepper is a HUGE upgrade from Frerotte. Saban couldn't pass that opportunity up. Frerotte cannot do any better than a 9-7 season.

I don't think anyone, aside from the rabble fans out there, doesn't appreciate what Frerotte did for Miami last season. He was part of the first year of the Saban era. He did help make Miami a better team. The 2004 season was the worst I have ever seen. So THANK YOU to Frerotte for his contributions to a 9-7 season in 2005. And good luck with the Rams.

saves said:
What the hell do you want him to say? There is nothing wrong with what he said there, he took no aggressive shot at the team. He said what any person in his position would say, and no one can doubt that. The fact that you guys are making an issue of of that statement is unbelieveable.

He did a fine job for us in the situation we were in and I wish him success in the future.

I think he should have restructured. That is what should have happened. How can he not think things were handled properly? Saban asks him to restructe, he refuses, we get Daunte and release him. Saban did say the door was open. That is why I think he is wrong for stating what he said.:shakeno:

My issue

Cuzinfinny said:
Totally agree. If thats all he said. Media trying to make a big thing out of nothing. And funny thing is people are eating it up.:shakeno:

People Chill.......

Is that by his quote Gus is implying that he was the reason we one 9 games and how thankless the dolphins organization is in treating him like this.

Gus needs to look in the mirror and realize that overall his play wasn't that good. Maybe he should read his quotes in the paper the day after the games to get a better picture of how he thought he played.

It's unbelievable to think that he was the one who gave us those extra 5 wins.

Had we had a decent QB, we would have been 11-5, bare minimum!

mcteems said:
Too many of you sound like a rabble. There is nothing wrong with what Gus said. That is how he felt abut the way he was treated before the trade for Culpepper. And you know what... HE WAS TREATED LIKE AN OLD WORN OUT SHOE. But is that anyone's fault? No. Frerotte moves around alot. One season is hardly enough time to gain some kind of hometown loyalty from the Dolphins and their fans.

The bottom line is that Gus was cast off like it was no big deal. And that is because getting Culpepper is a HUGE upgrade from Frerotte. Saban couldn't pass that opportunity up. Frerotte cannot do any better than a 9-7 season.

I don't think anyone, aside from the rabble fans out there, doesn't appreciate what Frerotte did for Miami last season. He was part of the first year of the Saban era. He did help make Miami a better team. The 2004 season was the worst I have ever seen. So THANK YOU to Frerotte for his contributions to a 9-7 season in 2005. And good luck with the Rams.

Please. Gus did what he did b/c of good coaching. Despite that, and despite a very stellar class of skill position talent around him, he repeatedly missed open receivers. His one consistency was that every game was inconsistent. Even in our victories he would make awful throws.

He was not "bad" as some QB's are. But, the fact is, we would have won 9 games with Rosenfels as well. Frerotte is about a $1.0 to $1.5 million dollar a year player. A serviceable reserve, but not a starter. His play simply and clearly did not merit it!

Therefore, his comments are sour grapes. He should have thanked us for giving him, and not making him earn, his one last season as a starting QB!

last time i checked gus frerotte didnt make the pro bowl with us so he needs to shut his mouth. sure he had a decent season but its not like he won the games by himself.

mcteems said:

Opinions are like a**holes and everybody has one. I just gave mine, and now we see yours. There is a contingent here that actually thinks that Gus helped "make Miami a better team." That's probably one of the most ludicrous statements yet. Frerotte's play impeded this team's potential. How many points was he responsible for leaving on the field? The guy sucks and good riddens. He was no better than the hacks that have been trying to replace Marino. Thank Saban for getting us a real NFL QB.

Da 'Fins said:
Please. Gus did what he did b/c of good coaching. Despite that, and despite a very stellar class of skill position talent around him, he repeatedly missed open receivers. His one consistency was that every game was inconsistent. Even in our victories he would make awful throws.

He was not "bad" as some QB's are. But, the fact is, we would have won 9 games with Rosenfels as well. Frerotte is about a $1.0 to $1.5 million dollar a year player. A serviceable reserve, but not a starter. His play simply and clearly did not merit it!

Therefore, his comments are sour grapes. He should have thanked us for giving him, and not making him earn, his one last season as a starting QB!

Very well said.

GUS IS DUMB HE SHOULD BE USE TO THIS BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN ON 8 different teams if im not mistaken

I don't think Gus is taking a shot at the team. He's just commenting on how it felt to know that you weren't what the team wanted to keep. He did a decent job and when you put everything you have into something and then are told you're gone because we got something better, it can hurt. Don't take my meaning wrong, Daunte is what we need and Gus would never have been a franchise QB.

mcteems said:

I think that was well put. Everyone knows that Gus struggled (greatly) in some games. However, not everyone wants to acknowledge that he did some good things in other games. Without question he contributed to our 9 wins last year.
Like you, I don't really have a problem with what Gus said. Apparently, he was trying to honestly answer some questions about his release. It's not as if Gus called a press conference to publically complain about it. Obviously, he understands the NFL is first and foremost a business. But really now, being rejected can hurt; no matter who you are or what the circumstances are.
I'm glad we upgraded the QB situation, but I can't hold ill will towards Gus over some comments the media chooses to throw in our faces. I think because Saban at times rubs the media the wrong way, they love a chance to perpetuate some negativity towards him.

mcteems said:

Absofreakinlutely!!! Lighten up kids, he didn't say nuthin bout yo momma.

Back
Top Bottom