merged 5x:Frerotte's parting shot/ Gus sounds off / Hey Frerotte | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged 5x:Frerotte's parting shot/ Gus sounds off / Hey Frerotte

Gus signed with the rams cause he has abeter chance to start there...Bulger is clueless on the system where culpepper is very up to date. if he stayed here he starts 2-3 games, with the rams he has the possibility to start all the games if it takes bulger a while to learn...

The only thing Gus Frerotte is good for is what he will be doing in St. Louis....HOLDING A CLIPBOARD!:sidelol: SEE YA GUS!!!:wink: :D

saves said:
What the hell do you want him to say? There is nothing wrong with what he said there, he took no aggressive shot at the team. He said what any person in his position would say, and no one can doubt that. The fact that you guys are making an issue of of that statement is unbelieveable.

He did a fine job for us in the situation we were in and I wish him success in the future.

agreed

Voronaeff said:
Because Frerotte is a below average NFL QB who had a horrible completion percentage last year. In many games last year, the Dolphins won in spite of his poor play. So I wish he would stop trying take so much credit for last years 9-7 record. If he is so good, why don't any of the other NFL teams want him as their starter. I really lost respect for him at the end of this past season when he was trying to make a case that he played great last year and stating he should remain the starter. Also, his parting shots yesterday showed no class. Gus is just a very "self-involved" player who thinks he is better than he is. Saban stuck by him all last year (and gave Feely little chance in preseason even though Feely was younger and at least had more upside potential) and Gus hasn't shown any gratefulness for that. I used to think he was a humble team player, but I now realize he is just a big baby who decided to leave if he couldn't be the starter. My advice to Gus: the Dolphins are better off without a selfish player like you, so don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out!
Link me quotes of Gus Frerrote taking credit for the 9-7 season.

You people always try to look for a negative of last season. Did you actually expect for Miami to end up in the playoffs last season? If no, what is the exact purpose of this thread? Gus Frerrote is a career backup. His days in Washington are far behind him. With that said, he was still OUR starting quarterback, and played the best he could as a Dolphin. Though he may not have much left in him, he was still part of the rebuilding stage of the Miami Dolphins.

Good luck to Gus Frerrote in St. Louis. He did the best he could, and I wish him well in the remaining years of his career.

Gus is just going throw a bitter female moment in his life. He feels rejected. Gus's agent convinced him that he was 1st string caliber. And guess what ?
Drew Bress and Gus Ferrotte were rejected by the same man. should go and cry at the local park together.

death7star said:
i hated gus even before saban brought him in here. knew he sucked.

have fun sucking gus. thank god you aren't on our team any more!
Wow !
speak your mind.

Gus's parting shot apparently sailed wide with most of the finheaven fans. How appropriate

Gus Sounds Off

Dolphins | Frerotte unhappy with way things ended with team
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 08:28:26 -0800
Harvey Fialkov, of the Miami <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/167">Sun-Sentinel, reports St. Louis Rams QB Gus Frerotte is unhappy with the way the Miami Dolphins handled his release from the team. Frerotte said, "Personally, I don't think things were handled the right way. After playing 16 games, winning nine after they only won [four] the year before, and then to just kind of be put on the back burner, that was kind of tough." Frerotte was released shortly after the Dolphins acquired QB Daunte Culpepper from the Minnesota Vikings.

This guy has a lot of nerve. He makes it seem as if he's responsible for those nine wins. Sage should definitely get credit for his two victories. The truth of the matter is that Gus sucks, and that will never change. He was a short term fix because he was best of the worst. For some reason, he could not fathom the idea of not being this team's starter, go figure.

Vertical Limit said:
Link me quotes of Gus Frerrote taking credit for the 9-7 season.

You people always try to look for a negative of last season. Did you actually expect for Miami to end up in the playoffs last season? If no, what is the exact purpose of this thread? Gus Frerrote is a career backup. His days in Washington are far behind him. With that said, he was still OUR starting quarterback, and played the best he could as a Dolphin. Though he may not have much left in him, he was still part of the rebuilding stage of the Miami Dolphins.

Good luck to Gus Frerrote in St. Louis. He did the best he could, and I wish him well in the remaining years of his career.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...otte,0,5433055.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

"Personally, I don't think things were handled the right way,'' Frerotte said. "After playing 16 games, winning nine after they only won [four] the year before, and then to just kind of be put on the back burner, that was kind of tough."

There's your quote...

In today’s Sun-Sentinnel Gus said "After playing 16 games, winning nine after they only won [four] the year before, and then to just kind of be put on the back burner, that was kind of tough." Until the past season ended, I thought Gus was OK. He was a player that was doing the most with the skills he had. However, at the end of the season when he started lobbying in the newspaper for the starting job in 2006 by implying that his performance in 2005 was what lead to the Dolphin's improved record - I lost respect for him. At that point, Gus was ridiculously trying to promote what was best for Gus, not what was best for the Dolphins in 2006. The Dolphins won in 2005 despite Gus' poor play, not because of his performance. Saban knows what is best for the Dolphins in 2006, and that is why he upgraded the QB spot. Team players do what is best for the team, and in the end Gus was promoting what was best for him - not the team. Because of that, my opinion (for what its worth) of Gus dramatically changed from favorable to bad.

ohh come on Gus, it aint like this is the first time you were treated like a $10 hooker....

Give Gus a break. He's just an average QB at best who knew Linehan's system and was good to go from the start last year. He provided good leadership, got rid of the ball to avoid sacks, and did as well as could with more TD's thrown than INT's. Heck, he didn't rhrow 1 pick returned for a TD like the year before.

It's not Fielder, Feeley, and Frerotte's fault that they were starters for us. They took their opportunities and did what they could.

It's not like we got some great talent at QB since Marino and they sucked for us. We got what we got and they did what could be expected. Leave it at that.

Now if Culpepper stinks up the joint, we'd have VERY good reason to light into him, especially if he sucks OFF the field as well. At least the 3 F's were good guys off the field. But they were all backups at best.

Give it a rest already.

Back
Top Bottom