Merged 5x: Pats had Extra 52 Seconds to win game against Steelers | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 5x: Pats had Extra 52 Seconds to win game against Steelers

You know what one of the most astonishing things I have seen in the past year is? In the AFC Championship Game, although it ended up not mattering, a replay challenge went AGAINST New England. I almost died of shock. I never thought I would see that happen.

ajajaj said:
yeah, that's kinda my point. They win so many close games it's insane. Watching though something beyond anyones control seems to happen once or twice a season that gives them 1 or 2 close games. You take those close games away and give them to their apponants they have 1 or 2 more losses per season and that is the difference in making or missing the playoffs, homefield advantage, a first round bye or whatever.

Not trying to make more out of this than their is, but I would just love to see that team get ripped off once in a while. Sick of it all going their way(not that they aren't a good team or didn't deserve that win), Im just saying it seems to happen to and benefit them more than any other team.
The tide will turn. Statistics demands it.

Well, whatever I don't really care that they beat the Steelers. They paid the price for their victory, losing Rodney Harrison and Matt Light for the year.

I expect they will perform this year much like they did in 2002 when they went either 9-7 or 10-6 and missed the playoffs just like we did. Offensively, they're not the same and won't be especially if the OL can't protect Brady. Defensively, they've been robbed of the very strength of their defense, which is to say the middle. As Romeo Crennell has stated many times the strength of their D is the middle, from DTs to ILBs to Safeties. They are without Bruschi, Johnson, and now Harrison. They will still play very well, but they won't be able to be dominant with consistency anymore.

If we were a different team I would say it would be a golden opportunity for us to beat them and take the division. However, right now, I'm still not sure we're a team that can do that. Saban still has a lot of work to do to get this team to have the right character to be dominant. Another big test lies in the wait against the Bills. Defeat a foundering team while you are coming off a bye week. We could not defeat a foundering Jets franchise in New York, and it is possible that we drop a similar game to the Bills.

Honestly I could see us dropping the game to the Bills, regrouping and beating a 4-0 Bucs team.

RPCity said:
Oh please....it happened with 14 minutes left in the game with the Pats down.

It had nothing to do with the win.

Oh really?

Did the Pats not win in the last second? How long was that last drive?

That extra minute made a huge difference in the outcome of the game. More than likely the game would have went into overtime. At the time the error occured, the plays would have most likely been ran the same, with the Steelers getting the last chance. They might not have had time for that last TD but they would have had last possession.

No one can take away that the Pats had an excellent team the last 4 years. They overcame many huge injuries on the way too. Can't take that from them, but even a Pats homer should be able to admit that they've also had a lot of luck go their way.

Dirtywater said:
We'll just conviently leave out that the game's time keeper is from Pittsburgh and Pitt's stadium. It was his error. He screwed his own team. But that's ok, let's make it look like the Patriots did this on purpose. Also, the Steelers were leading by 3 at the time and there was around 14 minutes left. It was not like we were down to 2 minutes or so and the teams were tied. This could have benefitted either team.

But we got to keep up the cool kids talk!

Bashing and criticizing the Patriots is oh-so-fashionable-and-trendy.

Ho-Hum. :shakeno:

hey oh great brilliant interpreter of words...

Nobody criticized the Patriots.

The point has been made as I made in a prior post on this same subject, every season at some point some freak accident causes the Patiots to have a victory that is controvertial. Yes the time could have benefitted either team, but both teams didn't kick a field goal in the last few seconds that shouldn't have been their, just the Patriots did.

Just like the snow plow game.

Their is something almost every year, not normally caused by the Pats, just that appears to benefit them.

Something smells rotten here

4. Officials mistakenly added 52 seconds to Sunday's Patriots-Steelers game, which may well have helped New England craft its last-second victory in a rematch of the AFC Championship Game. The Steelers are now asking the NFL to put nine months back on the clock.

Link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/pete_mcentegart/09/27/ten.spot/index.html

Mistakenly my *** this proves that NFL officials are bribed, forget about the roiders for now I say we they crack down on these cheaters.

I wonder how much Kraft whored his daughter out for?

larfo2224 said:
Amazing how those things seem to always happen for the patsies.

They get lucky but that was no accident, a Ref has to be incredibly stupid for that to happen.

PatsSuck456 said:
Link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/pete_mcentegart/09/27/ten.spot/index.html

Mistakenly my *** this proves that NFL officials are bribed, forget about the roiders for now I say we they crack down on these cheaters.

I wonder how much Kraft whored his daughter out for?

its the Steelers own dumb fault anyways. they should of noticed. this wasnt at the end of the game anyways. so alot of stuff would of been different......pats still woulda won

I hate when people think the patriots are somehow assisted in winning by the NFL. Its ridiculous. Yeah, the referees help them and the time keepers help them...cmon. They are a good well-coached team. The NFL could care less if the Pats win or not. People really need to stop thinking there is so much collusion in sports. The Pats won that game cause they outplayed Pitt.

Dirtywater said:
We'll just conviently leave out that the game's time keeper is from Pittsburgh and Pitt's stadium. It was his error. He screwed his own team. But that's ok, let's make it look like the Patriots did this on purpose. Also, the Steelers were leading by 3 at the time and there was around 14 minutes left. It was not like we were down to 2 minutes or so and the teams were tied. This could have benefitted either team.

But we got to keep up the cool kids talk!

Bashing and criticizing the Patriots is oh-so-fashionable-and-trendy.

Ho-Hum. :shakeno:

I knew it...last week your coach...the staff...the players all cried :cry: about S. Davis and his TD when you played Carolina...so now of course something must be done to help out the Patsies...it sucks...admit it...you clowns get all the calls...all the bounces...and then b/c of last week you're all crying to the NFL about it.

It started with the Tuck Rule...the fing Tuck Rule...something that never got called before...never and it has not stopped since then!!!

Total BS!!!

Go Fins!!!

SuperDuperFan said:
I hate when people think the patriots are somehow assisted in winning by the NFL. Its ridiculous. Yeah, the referees help them and the time keepers help them...cmon. They are a good well-coached team. The NFL could care less if the Pats win or not. People really need to stop thinking there is so much collusion in sports. The Pats won that game cause they outplayed Pitt.

yeah i know but i got to have a little fun with this!!! you know what i mean.

i know the pats still would have won...but they complained like babies last week after the Carolina game...that the truth.

Go Fins!!!

it's not the Pats fault but it is the only reason the Pats won otherwise they wouldn't have enough time to come back

Nappy Roots said:
its the Steelers own dumb fault anyways. they should of noticed. this wasnt at the end of the game anyways. so alot of stuff would of been different......pats still woulda won

The teams had nothing to do with a bad call, the Refs should have payed more attention to what was going on. It just seems strange to me that they oficials would look the other way as thats what seemed to happen. I just want the League to do something about the growing occurence of bad calls in the league, maybe they should educate them more, that would prevent incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom