Merged 5x: Pats had Extra 52 Seconds to win game against Steelers | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 5x: Pats had Extra 52 Seconds to win game against Steelers

Wow the NFL is going to do everything in its power this year to help the Pats get to the playoffs. The only one good thing that I like about the Pats organization isnt there anymore.

Sal Lisitano said:
...admit it...you clowns get all the calls...all the bounces...and then b/c of last week you're all crying to the NFL about it.

It started with the Tuck Rule...the fing Tuck Rule...something that never got called before...never and it has not stopped since then!!!

Total BS!!!

ya know, i'm a huge dolphins fan... but this above is total bunk...

if i may quote Raymond Berry: "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. I must make sure to create my own luck."

here's a newsflash for all you "world is flat" people: there is no conspiracy and there is no bias for one particular NFL team... The New England Patriots were the NFL's punchline for futility and misfortune for the better part of 40 years before 2001, so please don't embarass yourself by saying they get "all the calls." ... that is a child's way of explaning away something they can't understand... yeah, must be luck... the country went on and on about the same thing with the Celtics through their glory years as well... "SO LUCKY!"... Whatever... Then they'd lace em up again and beat your favorite team again... Over and over... But of course, the only thing that can ever explain it is luck... Grow up...

nevermind that the patriots won the 2001 Super Bowl over a huge favorite
nevermind that the patriots won the 2003 Super Bowl with absolutely no running game...
nevermind that the patriots won the 2004 Super Bowl with 2nd string CBs and a career wide receiver at slot CB...
nevermind that the patriots are consistently among the best teams against the spread each of the last few years...
nevermind that the Patriots completely dominated the best 3 teams in the NFL last season...
nevermid that the patriots have the best QB, coach and D-line in the NFL....
nevermind that the patriots rise up and handle every team that's supposed to knock them out THIS time...

as for Sunday's win over Pittsburgh, and the extra 50+ seconds... so what?... i'm sure if the clock read correctly all along, the patriots (and also Steelers) would have adjusted their schemes and urgency accordingly and it all would have played out largely the same... it's not like the clock went from 1:00 to 2:00 remaining... there was plenty of time and plenty of possessions to be had after that point... so crediting the clock operator for New England's victory is ridiculous...

the clock operator wasn't stopping Tom Brady from going 12-for-12 in the fourth quarter despite two backup tackles... the clock operator wasn't helping New England stuff Pittsburgh's running game... the clock operator wasn't holding Big Ben to 12 completions... the clock operator wasn't gashing the vaunted Pittsburgh run defense for key gains in the fourth quarter...

Let's hope the Dolphins under Saban become half as rescilliant, smart and tough as the Patriots have been the past 4+ seasons... Let's hope opposing fans foolishly suggest Miami got "so lucky" time and time again...

Good, smart football teams create their own luck.... Don't ever doubt that, or you're living in a world of paranoia...

i agree with the above...for the most part

anyway, as for the clock, it had no bearing on the game as it happened so early in the 4th quarter

So if the Steelers had ended up winning the game would they have been the lucky ones?

Just checking.

jtown777 said:
I'm prepared for rebuttal from some but...If plays can be reviewed from the sidelines and in the 2 minute zone, then why can't "questionable", game changing, calls be reviewed such as pass interference. With the ticky tack rule change regarding pass interference now, you can run a go route and draw the penalty almost automatically! It has changed many an outcome of a close game. The games should NOT be in the refs hands to determine. Phantom calls just piss me off no matter who they're against. The league must do something!

those are nice socks on brady:lol:

Not to beat a dead horse - but - the nfl hires the clock personal for all games...not the home team. Mistake by the officials no doubt...but we all know what the Pats do when they need to win a big game. They would have won anyway.

Dirtywater said:
We'll just conviently leave out that the game's time keeper is from Pittsburgh and Pitt's stadium. It was his error. He screwed his own team. But that's ok, let's make it look like the Patriots did this on purpose. Also, the Steelers were leading by 3 at the time and there was around 14 minutes left. It was not like we were down to 2 minutes or so and the teams were tied. This could have benefitted either team.

But we got to keep up the cool kids talk!

Bashing and criticizing the Patriots is oh-so-fashionable-and-trendy.

Ho-Hum. :shakeno:
Well thats what you get when a bull**** call gets you a superbowl.

Not to beat a dead horse - but - the nfl hires the clock personal for all games...not the home team.

I read that it was the other way around. I don't have any clue myself, just pointing out that there seems to be some disagreement on this.

MadLib said:
Apparently there was some kind of clock error that allowed the Patriots to have 52 extra seconds to win the game against the Steelers. Im not one to claim most of the Pats success is based off luck like some on this board, but this is just ridiculous.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2173143

There is no doubt that luck plays as much a role as other intangibles when it comes to winning...Even our sacred '72 undefeated team had several games where "luck" was involved...

That said, it seems that the Patsies either manufacture extra luck somehow...I've seen this go on for 5 years now...

I don't blame them, just envy them...

PatsSuck456 said:
The teams had nothing to do with a bad call, the Refs should have payed more attention to what was going on. It just seems strange to me that they oficials would look the other way as thats what seemed to happen. I just want the League to do something about the growing occurence of bad calls in the league, maybe they should educate them more, that would prevent incompetence.

uhh, yea they do. If Bill Cohwer would of noticed, the time would of been set right......the refs should of been paying attention yes....but so should of the steelers.

WitheringPlant said:
Well thats what you get when a bull**** call gets you a superbowl.

you really don't know what you're talking about... thank you for eliminating your opinion from this and all future football debates...

lol i love that people think the patriots are getting an unfair advantage. nonsense...it's funny that not too long ago everyone thought the patriots were getting no respect at all, and now they're getting TOO much respect? fools

Back
Top Bottom