Merged 5X: The Curse of the Dirt / I Hate the Marlins / Desperate Fans Blame Dirt | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 5X: The Curse of the Dirt / I Hate the Marlins / Desperate Fans Blame Dirt

He's played in the same dirt in the last 5 years not to mention the patriots played in the same dirt on sunday as us.

The dirt is no excuse. Do you really think dirt should prevent a championship team from winning a game?

Hmm...now that everyone mentions it...I think I was the one so called 'whining' about Eric Gagne blowing the save in the All-Star game. This would have never happened Games 1 and 2 in Miami. But of course, if the Cubs didn't suck so much, you Marlins fans would have had nothing to worry about anyways. I'd just like to tell the guy that said I was 'whining' about the dirt a few days ago that I told you so. Seems I know a little more about this than you do.

When you blew last season and blamed injuries, I thought that was pretty crappy, every team has injuries.

But now you guys are blaming DIRT!!!!!

:lol: :lol: ;)

I didn't blame injuries last year, just blamed the team for sucking. That's all there was to it. Of course Lucas didn't help, but that's why you need a decent backup QB (which not to get too far into it, but if Jay keeps overthrowing, underthrowing, etc., SOB is in by the end of the year IMO).....

You're right, Mare should have made at least one of these. But, those would have been a lot easier to make had it not been for the dirt. Being a Cubs fan, I was pretty pissed with the NLCS, but I was going to root for the baseball Fish.....because of today I don't care about the World Series. My hate for the Marlins is about the same as my hate for the Yankees, so I don't care about baseball this season anymore.

Geez Migs give it a break, you're gonna give yourself an ulcer. Dolphins-a Championship team? Lord knows I never said that. I know better than to believe this team has a chance this year. Just like I knew about the Cubs when they were up 3-1. And play like the Marlins....get lucky? Come on now, they were more lucky than anything. Yeah yeah they never gave up but they won on luck quite a lot...they played the Cubs...enough said.

And yeah, the offense stumbled. That's why you have a kicker. And did the kicker do his job today? NO! Seems a little odd that he's one of the most accurate kicker in history but today with 2 dirt kicks he misses both.....ironic? Did he not eat his wheaties today? Seems a little odd to me.

And as long as we're on the baseball picture...you all do realize that the Yanks have lost both of the Game Ones that they've had this post-season, and come back to win, right? You also realize you used your 4th starter as a reliever last night, and used all of your starters in the span of 2 games? Doesn't look like Miami will have any championships in any sports this year.

Originally posted by dusty_hog
And as long as we're on the baseball picture...you all do realize that the Yanks have lost both of the Game Ones that they've had this post-season, and come back to win, right? You also realize you used your 4th starter as a reliever last night, and used all of your starters in the span of 2 games? Doesn't look like Miami will have any championships in any sports this year.
i didn't see the game, but i did see the highlites of 2 plays and 1 missed field goal was not on dirt!:(

Mare Should have made it. Mare would have made it had the dirt not been there. If you look real close you can acctuly SEE mare SLIP right before he made contact with the ball durring the 4th quarter FG attempt (the blocked one) and he kicked the ball lower than he meant to. It almost would have been better if the Pats won the toss (like they claimed) and we got to choose which side of the field to deffend. I say almost cause they might not hav stopped them.

Originally posted by LoXiN
Mare Should have made it. Mare would have made it had the dirt not been there. If you look real close you can acctuly SEE mare SLIP right before he made contact with the ball durring the 4th quarter FG attempt (the blocked one) and he kicked the ball lower than he meant to. It almost would have been better if the Pats won the toss (like they claimed) and we got to choose which side of the field to deffend. I say almost cause they might not hav stopped them.
it shouldn't have come down to that kick. i did see the score and it seems like it was tied 13-13 through most of the game!:confused:

13-13 most of the game? no it was 13-6 for awhile.

You are right though that it shouldnt come down to a single play. It does however sometimes. The classic games are always going to be the ones that go down to the wire. This, althought surely not to be a classic, was the same way.

The dirt clearly had an impact on the outcome of this game. Don't be so quick to aquit the dirt.

Exibit #1 Ed Perry out for the season because of the dirt caused injury. With Perry's bigger frame, that first kick does not get blocked.

Exibit #2 When the Patsies lost the toss they chose the non-dirt side. If the dirt was not a factor...then they would have clearly chosen the dirt side.

Exibit #3 Mare makes that kick 93% of the time. The dirt clearly affects footing...let's not pretend that it doesn't. And there is also the mental aspect of the dirt.

The dirt should stand up and accept it's part of the blame and the Dolphins should not have to play on a baseball infield.

Originally posted by PhinstiGator
The dirt clearly had an impact on the outcome of this game. Don't be so quick to aquit the dirt.

Exibit #1 Ed Perry out for the season because of the dirt caused injury. With Perry's bigger frame, that first kick does not get blocked.

Exibit #2 When the Patsies lost the toss they chose the non-dirt side. If the dirt was not a factor...then they would have clearly chosen the dirt side.

Exibit #3 Mare makes that kick 93% of the time. The dirt clearly affects footing...let's not pretend that it doesn't. And there is also the mental aspect of the dirt.

The dirt should stand up and accept it's part of the blame and the Dolphins should not have to play on a baseball infield.
he does have a point! i've tried to kick on dirt and those damn plastic cleats didn't grab and i fell on my ***! i made it but i sure as hell didn't see it!:rolleyes:

Okay you named three reasons why the dirt was to blame. So why not blame the dirt? Dont answer that.

The dirt was a big factor in the way we play the game at home. Not only this game mind you. Ricky has a few times this year slipped in the backfield and than taken down for -1 or no gain.

We need to then wonder, Why is the dirt there?

The answer is of course the Marlins.

Why is it that we dont go somewhere else and play the first few games and than come back when the infield is gone?

Dont get me wrong though when I say the Marlins (if they wernt in WS there would be dirt) are to blame. If the Dolphins had played better they would have in fact won that game eaily.

Back
Top Bottom