Merged 5X: The Curse of the Dirt / I Hate the Marlins / Desperate Fans Blame Dirt | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 5X: The Curse of the Dirt / I Hate the Marlins / Desperate Fans Blame Dirt

Why don't THE DOLPHINS go somewhere? BECAUSE IT WAS OUR FIELD TO BEGIN WITH! The Marlins were created in '93, later than the Fins and PPS. Why should we have to leave? It's bad enough that they play in a 66,000 seat stadium for them but on average get 14,000 or so. I know it's hot and humid in the summer down there, so GIVE THEM A DAMN DOME! Move them to DC, do something! I think Bud Selig may have been right to just get rid of them when he had the chance....then the Cubbies would be beating the Yanks right now instead of getting whooped on like your South Florida baseball Fish are right now....

My Highschool had a infield on the football field (dont know why because they didnt play baseball games there) and the league that we were in said that because the dirt was always playing a factor in fieldgoals and extra points that if a team wanted to go for a field goal on the dirt they would place the ball at the same yard line on the side without dirt. They would also do the same for extra points.

I realise of course that in the NFL that that is not a possibility but I just wanted to give another example and a possible solution (however unrealistic.)

I know its our field and I agree that they should go somewhere else but we have to consider that THEY DONT CARE about the football field.

If we keep getting injured than we SHOULD move for a couple games.

Originally posted by LoXiN
I know its our field and I agree that they should go somewhere else but we have to consider that THEY DONT CARE about the football field.

If we keep getting injured than we SHOULD move for a couple games.
ORANGE BOWL!

As someone who hates baseball but STILL was rooting for the MArlins just because they're such a gutsy young team full of over acheivers....GET THEM THE HECK OUT OF JOE ROBBIE STADIUM!!! It's bad enough when we lose players, but when you nullify one of our most reliable players(Mare), I just can't take it anymore. I'll now bw rooting for a Yankee sweep of the remaining games to get the WS over as quickly as possible

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
As someone who hates baseball but STILL was rooting for the MArlins just because they're such a gutsy young team full of over acheivers....GET THEM THE HECK OUT OF JOE ROBBIE STADIUM!!! It's bad enough when we lose players, but when you nullify one of our most reliable players(Mare), I just can't take it anymore. I'll now bw rooting for a Yankee sweep of the remaining games to get the WS over as quickly as possible
the dolphins have a super winning percentage at the orange bowl!;)

Anywheres better than risking further injury at Pro Player.

I'm not familiar with the Miami Area so I dont know where they could. Orange Bowl sounds good though

Originally posted by LoXiN
Anywheres better than risking further injury at Pro Player.

I'm not familiar with the Miami Area so I dont know where they could. Orange Bowl sounds good though
at least the only dirt is under the grass!;)

At least that was the last game that the infield dirt will be there, but that may be too late.

Originally posted by dusty_hog
Move them to DC, do something! I think Bud Selig may have been right to just get rid of them when he had the chance....then the Cubbies would be beating the Yanks right now instead of getting whooped on like your South Florida baseball Fish are right now....

Cubs choked and lost 3 straight , 2 at home with there 2 best pitchers vs the Marlins. What makes you think they have more of a right of being there than the Marlins, when they lost? Honestly, some people have made some decent points, but you sound like you've had one too many beers.

Originally posted by Miafan

Cubs choked and lost 3 straight , 2 at home with there 2 best pitchers vs the Marlins. What makes you think they have more of a right of being there than the Marlins, when they lost? Honestly, some people have made some decent points, but you sound like you've had one too many beers.
the real question is, how long do you think this post will stay in this forum before its moved?;)

We dont want the marlins up here in DC. Yes we want a baseball team but god forbid if I have to end up rooting for those bums. I want a lousy team that can be rebuilt from the ground floor like perhaps the Expos or hell give us back the Rangers.

I hate baseball but I have baltimore more and Baltimore doesnt want us to have a team. Lets go Washington Senators!!!!

Originally posted by Miafan

Why do the Phins deserve to be in Joe Robbie more than the Marlins? Simple...JOE ROBBIE!! He built it with his own money, and he did so for the Phins...not the Fish. Look at it this way...say the Marlins go on to win the Series. Do you REALLY think that the owner will lock up those good players? Do you really think that the regular season attendance will be any better next year than it was this year? SoFlo just ISN'T a baseball town. The Marlins may bring home the trophy, but next year those players will be playing for other teams, and there will still only be about 15k fans showing up to watch whatever players are still left. At least Wayne continues to spend the cash on the Phins to keep them winning, and at least the fans still show up for those games.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Why do the Phins deserve to be in Joe Robbie more than the Marlins? Simple...JOE ROBBIE!! He built it with his own money, and he did so for the Phins...not the Fish. Look at it this way...say the Marlins go on to win the Series. Do you REALLY think that the owner will lock up those good players? Do you really think that the regular season attendance will be any better next year than it was this year? SoFlo just ISN'T a baseball town. The Marlins may bring home the trophy, but next year those players will be playing for other teams, and there will still only be about 15k fans showing up to watch whatever players are still left. At least Wayne continues to spend the cash on the Phins to keep them winning, and at least the fans still show up for those games.
when the marlins are done, watching the grass grow on the infield would be a little more exciting!;)

Back
Top Bottom