MERGED 6X:Rumour Has It.../Law visited Miami/Dolphins interested in Law | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 6X:Rumour Has It.../Law visited Miami/Dolphins interested in Law

Will Law be in Miami uniform come Week 1?

• Yes

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 57.8%

• Total voters
Why would we ever trade away a better and younger player in Surtain then sign Law to big money? I don't see any way that Law is in Miami.

i didnt know the lions were interested.

but since your post is called Law in Miami, this topic will most likly be merged with the 3 other Ty Law posts already merged.

I don't quite understand all of the excitement over the possibility of adding Ty Law...I know he's a very good player, but at this time there are too many major questions for me to get excited.

Will his play decline because of his age?
Will he ask for way too much money considering his notorious agent?
He's overweight...will he be able to get in shape in time for the regular season?
And of course...will he be heathy at all in 2005?

Too many uncertainties at this time...if he is healthy and affordable (which I seriously doubt) he's be a fine pick up...otherwise it may not be worth the headache.

Why would we ever trade away a better and younger player in Surtain to design Law to big money? I don't see any way that Law is in Miami.

A. Law aiin't gettin' Surtain money (50 Million dollar contract). He'll be lucky to get a 3 mil/year deal.

B. Our circumstances have changed from a week ago. we know have a MAJOR question mark at the cornerback spot. Law could be a nice stop gap (only at the cheaper contract) until Daniels and Poole develop.

C. We have the cap space to compete now. Whereas two months ago, we were competing against teams that had a ton of cap space. That number of teams has been widdled.

I'm not saying we are definitely going to sign Law, but we're certainly not ruling it out.

We also need to sign Traylor - an even bigger question mark at DT because of the injuries to Bowens and Chester.

Traylor is a must.

Law would be a wise signing and Boston would be a luxury.

Gladsadmad said:
I don't quite understand all of the excitement over the possibility of adding Ty Law...I know he's a very good player, but at this time there are too many major questions for me to get excited.

Will his play decline because of his age?
Will he ask for way too much money considering his notorious agent?
He's overweight...will he be able to get in shape in time for the regular season?
And of course...will he be heathy at all in 2005?

Too many uncertainties at this time...if he is healthy and affordable (which I seriously doubt) he's be a fine pick up...otherwise it may not be worth the headache.

You get him for 1 year at the veteran minimun with some incentives and I think its a good signing. He will havea chip on his shoulder and something to prove

kasaba13 said:
Why would we ever trade away a better and younger player in Surtain then sign Law to big money? I don't see any way that Law is in Miami.
I agree. The only way Law will be in Miami is if he takes a somewhat reasonable contract, why knowing Law... I don't think there's any way or any chance of that happening.

TPD1479 said:
You get him for 1 year at the veteran minimun with some incentives and I think its a good signing. He will havea chip on his shoulder and something to prove
I agree that if would be a very good signing if we signed him for a year for the vetern minimum... but what makes you think Law would ever take the Vet mininum?? His total salary last year in New England was around $7.5 million.

The ponson's are intent on getting Law a big money contract. I'd be surprised if any team give's him "healthy Law in his prime" money. At the same time I don't think he takes the vet min unless under special ciumstances. If we can't get him at the min plus incentives I don't want him. I don't see him as the missing piece to us returning to playoffs...

miamirw said:
A. Law aiin't gettin' Surtain money (50 Million dollar contract). He'll be lucky to get a 3 mil/year deal.

B. Our circumstances have changed from a week ago. we know have a MAJOR question mark at the cornerback spot. Law could be a nice stop gap (only at the cheaper contract) until Daniels and Poole develop.

C. We have the cap space to compete now. Whereas two months ago, we were competing against teams that had a ton of cap space. That number of teams has been widdled.

I'm not saying we are definitely going to sign Law, but we're certainly not ruling it out.

We also need to sign Traylor - an even bigger question mark at DT because of the injuries to Bowens and Chester.

Traylor is a must.

Law would be a wise signing and Boston would be a luxury.

Good Post. Traylor should be #1 priority. If we can push the pass rush then the secondary won't be as almighty important as it has been in the past. i would take on Law if the terms and $$ were right, but I sure as hell wouldn't mortgage the farm to have him here. Boston a luxury? Hopefully. I was pumped to hear we signed him last year. Then we all know what happened. But I would still love to see him in uniform again here in Miami...if the $$ is right of course.

His agent talks about getting the money Ty Law should be getting. But Ty Law is not the player he once was. He is coming off a very serious injury and is not in any playing shape. I think he can contribute, but how much? I think his agent is going to have a lot tougher of a time finding a team that wants to hand Ty Law a big contract than he thinks.

Doesnt Law LIVE in Miami? Reminds me of a scene in "The Usual Suspects":

Cop: I can put you in Queens on the night of the hijacking.

Hockney: Really? I live in Queens, did you put that together yourself, Einstein? Got a team of monkeys working around the clock on this?

:lol:

One year deal. Saban is handing those out in spades. I'm guessing he's feeling out the Postons on taking a one year deal...maybe Saban would accept a two year deal, but I doubt it.

We have 2005 salary cap space, and the decision has been made not to use that money on Randy McMichael (for better or worst) as they have decided to let him play out his contract and then possibly franchise him next offseason.

The only way Law gets a longer term deal out of the coaches is if the Postons all the sudden come to their senses about contract negotiations, and the coaches decide to make Law the permanent replacement for Sam Madison, who gets cut in 2006. But I doubt this scenario.

We have about $6 million in cap room, and we probably only need $3 million to sign our rookies. Depending on what Traylor does, that could leave us with a significant amount of 2005 cap dollars to give to a guy like Law on a one year deal.

Everyone says Ty Law is not the player he once was. That's BS. He got injured at basically the height of his game, when people were outright calling him THE best cornerback in the NFL. The only question is can he come back from the injury. It's not as if he was over the hill THEN got injured.

PLLLEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEEE get Traylor, Law, and Boston, Saban. Im begging you.

Back
Top Bottom