MERGED: A.J vs. Losman | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: A.J vs. Losman

stilloldduck said:
Losman...you have the numbers for AJ's entire season there...not breaking it down pre-injury and post-injury.

Pre-injury, AJ was completing well over 60% of his passes, had thrown 11 tds and only 1 int. Immediately prior to the game where he was injured, AJ was rated as one of the top 5 QBs in the country (using a method similar to the NFL rating system)....and this was his first year as a starter with virtually NO experience prior to that.

And, just for trivia, the first team AJ faced as a starter for Oregon was Michigan State...coached by Nick Saban. Oregon lost 27-20, but AJ lit the Spartans up big time despite his receivers dropping 9 passes during that game.

AJ was a HELLUVA QB prior to his injury. He, unfortunately, knew that the head coach liked the backup a LOT more than he liked him (sound familiar?) and so he tried to play through what turned out to be a season ending injury (one that took most of the next season to fully heal). Barring that injury, AJ would have been a MUCH higher draft choice than he was (and getting drafted in the fifth round when you haven't played since the first half of your junior year says the scouts think you are pretty darn good).

Give AJ some protection, a decent running game (both start with that OL) and AJ will do some really great things for the 'Phins.

i'm not gonna argue w/ a duck about when he got hurt b/c i got what i knew from online sources (they said he got hurt vs arizona state, which drastically alters your pre-injury stats). that said, are you sure that he's recovered from that injury yet, b/c he hasn't even sniffed the 60% mark in completion percentage since. and the thread lives on!

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
Are you talking to me?

Did you read my post?

I put the success of the Bills on McGahee, our defense, and our special teams.

Losman is a minimal part of our team getting to the playoffs or atleast a 9-7 record. Losman is a huge part to us winning in the playoffs and going farther.

I dont see us as a team ready to win in the playoffs, but I do see us having the pieces you need in order to contend for the playoffs.

Your peices to contend for a playoff spot are question marks, although Talented question marks, ours are not. McGahee should only get better and our Defense will still be top 5 in total defense and should force as many or more turnovers with Troy Vincent and Milloy getting a full offseason to work together at FS and SS. Plus, McGee is a ballhawk at CB.

Not trying to be a prick......but to say hes a minmal part of your team getting to the playoffs is refrikindiculous. Ask the Ravens how that works. Teams will be all over Willis this year and make Losman beat them. Your O line is suspect and will not be able to handle the constant blitzing your boy will take......thats why Bledsoe spent the season on his ***. Im glad he got out of Buff btw.

Teams go as far as thier QB takes them Period. You have a rookie. A ROOKIE. I think he will be a good QB I really do but he will struggle because thats what Rookies do 99% of the time.

king nate

hmmm a 17 yr old telling me what to do! hey i got an idea why dont you be an admin...then you can tell everyone there post suck, and block or delete there post....what an idiot you are!!!!!!!!

Phishstix said:
i'm not gonna argue w/ a duck about when he got hurt b/c i got what i knew from online sources (they said he got hurt vs arizona state, which drastically alters your pre-injury stats). that said, are you sure that he's recovered from that injury yet, b/c he hasn't even sniffed the 60% mark in completion percentage since. and the thread lives on!

I just love when the haters imply their opinion is superior to those that disagree with them. I havent looked up his numbers in a while but I will trust Krisback's number he posted at the time of teh draft stating that AJ was completing well over 60% of his passes and had well over 2 to 1 td to int ratio. Krisback was arguing against AJ and posted those numbers. He is also very through when he researches his findings.

Basic fact is you dont trust AJ to be the future, I wont argue your opinion, it is as valid as anyone elses. My opinion that he could, not WILL, but COULD, be the future is equally as valid. How come a reputable GM in Wolf a respected offensive mind in Fassel and 3 very successful qbs say AJ has what it takes to be a very good qb is not valid in opposition to your opinion? Not that they are right and you are wrong, but that there is the possibility that he could be very good?

Can you see how this debate is not about discrediting your opinion, but rather discrediting your opinion as fact and superior to ours?

rickeyrunsover said:
I just love when the haters imply their opinion is superior to those that disagree with them. I havent looked up his numbers in a while but I will trust Krisback's number he posted at the time of teh draft stating that AJ was completing well over 60% of his passes and had well over 2 to 1 td to int ratio. Krisback was arguing against AJ and posted those numbers. He is also very through when he researches his findings.

Basic fact is you dont trust AJ to be the future, I wont argue your opinion, it is as valid as anyone elses. My opinion that he could, not WILL, but COULD, be the future is equally as valid. How come a reputable GM in Wolf a respected offensive mind in Fassel and 3 very successful qbs say AJ has what it takes to be a very good qb is not valid in opposition to your opinion? Not that they are right and you are wrong, but that there is the possibility that he could be very good?

Can you see how this debate is not about discrediting your opinion, but rather discrediting your opinion as fact and superior to ours?

Well said

We are discussing two QBs without knowing nothing about how they will do in the NFL. Both got talent, I see JP play several time in College, personally he did not impress me, but good coaching can do a lot. Losman remind me a little of Couch, which when he was drafted he was consider a good QB. All depends what kind of system the Bils and Fins will install and in which one the QB feels more confy.

rickeyrunsover said:

i wasn't discrediting those stats. in fact, i said that the info i found may have not been accurate b/c i got it from online sources, so i'm not going to argue with an oregon fan b/c i'm not confident in those numbers. but is it not fact that feeley hasn't even come close to completing 60% percent of his passes since his injury (in his two extensive runs of pt)? i wasn't saying anything else but that.

i respect yours and others opinions that feeley could be something. i don't root against aj, hell, i'd like to see him torch the league this year and go to the pro bowl, but i just don't have the confidence in him that others do. it's not a black-white, love or hate situation. my personal opinion is that he does some things good and some things bad, but if he wants to be here past this year, he'd better get his arse in gear and blossom into they palyer wolf, fassel, and three pro qbs think he could be.

first&goal said:
How can you say that Losman has more talent then Feeley? the only think you can say is that you hope that, because you got nothing to support your theory. On my book I believe that Feeley is got same potential of Losman...time will tell

Well first of all, lets start with his college career, see JP actually started more than 8 games in college, unlike feeley! Also what has feeley done in college? nothing, he was backup to joey harrington. Lets take a snap shot of JP's last year in college shall we:
2003: One of seven Finalists for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award. Completed 251-of-422 passes for 3,077 yards with 33 TDs and 14 INTs, one of the top three seasons in TU history. Only QB in C-USA to surpass the 3,000-yard mark in passing (3,077) and total offense (3,157) this year. His 33 TD passes are second-highest TU single season total and are tied for 3rd in the country (through Nov. 24). Threw at least one TD pass in every game this year; nine games with more than one and seven with three or more. Recorded four straight 300-yard passing games to start the season. Brought Tulane back from a 28-14 deficit versus Miss. St. and finished with 349 yards, four TDs on 29-of-47 passing.

OK, now I know I know you can be a great college QB but it may not carry over to the NFL. But why not. Well usually defenses are more sophisticated, the offensive playbook is bigger, and motions and audibles become more of a factor in the NFL.

NOW, JP Losman has taken 2 weeks off, say it with me 2 weeks off between the end of the season and mini camp. Thats right he came back to Buffalo early february to study film and work side by side with QB's Coach Sam Wyche. hmm Wyche? isn't that the same guy who worked with Joe Montana? It sure is. Didn't he work with Boomer esiason? your damn right he did.

The point is that JP has been watching the sophisticated defenses on film all year and getting quized by sam wyche until he can answer the question without delay. Also here's a big secret dont tell anybody, JP LOSMAN IS NOT A ROOKIE. Thats right he's been watching the game, familiarizing himself with the offense for a season now, he may not have had much playing time but he's been with this offense and needs not to learn a new one.

And we must not forget that he has all the athleticism that a QB in the NFL should need, he's got quick feet, a cannon arm, the kid can throw very accurate on the run, and can get away from tacklers if need be.

Lets talk about his intelligence. This kid scored just one point lower on the wonderlic than Tom Brady, you know, the two time superbowl MVP! Whats more, thats higher than the likes of peyton manning, trent green...

Since the announcement that the QB position was his he has been trying to earn respect from the players, more specifically the veterans because they need to respect and trust him. Coming out of mini camp, veteren Eric Moulds was quoted saying that Losman impressed him and he feels comfortable with the kid under the helm, and on a side note, JP missed one pass to Moulds and was so upset that he arranged some practices with him and E to get thier timing down, just the two of them.

He definately has the tools to succeed, and above all else he has the offensive weapons to help him succeed in his inaugural season. He's got a solid back with Willis Mcgahee, who, himself is a workhorse. He has a great receiving corps with Moulds and Evans, and the acquisition of the speedy roscoe parrish will make the two even more dangerous. Look at how the bills fared last year after Evans was named the number 2 guy. He was a TD or two shy from the record for ANY NFL rookie.

Too many people think that the Bills O Line is worse off without Jennings, but the truth is, they played as much without jennings last year as they did with him, and Willis (starting 5 games in) still managed 1100 yards. The LT spot is filled and Jim Mcnally (one of the best o line coaches in the business) is working with them so that shouldn't be much of a concern. And even less so this year because we have a mobile quarterback. See it's easier to block for a guy that can move because you dont need to hold the defense for 5 seconds. Also blitzing was ridiculous last year with bledsoe, the bills rarely faced a team that didnt put 7-8 guys in the box, because they knew they could get to bledsoe. JP has to earn respect from the blitz, but once he show's that bringing the LB's up is dangerous then they will back off and guess what? It becomes the McGahee show, any questions?

He is just trying to bump his thread to keep it alive and annoy the heck out of everyone else. I guess "wow" was the best way to do it. :lol:

Read all of his posts. We have a nominee for the Miss Cleo award and I think he might run away with it. :lol:

and

wow and your post are so damm great, you get my vote for most post without saying anything vaild or important....

At least I have the common decency to let threads die instead of spamming up the entire main board. Dont even talk about my posts until you make a post that is grammatically correct and has SOME substance about the fins instead of making 400 Miss Cleo style predictions all over the main board.

:spam:

Nasty Mcgahee said:
Well first of all, lets start with his college career, see JP actually started more than 8 games in college, unlike feeley! Also what has feeley done in college? nothing, he was backup to joey harrington. Lets take a snap shot of JP's last year in college shall we:
2003: One of seven Finalists for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award. Completed 251-of-422 passes for 3,077 yards with 33 TDs and 14 INTs, one of the top three seasons in TU history. Only QB in C-USA to surpass the 3,000-yard mark in passing (3,077) and total offense (3,157) this year. His 33 TD passes are second-highest TU single season total and are tied for 3rd in the country (through Nov. 24). Threw at least one TD pass in every game this year; nine games with more than one and seven with three or more. Recorded four straight 300-yard passing games to start the season. Brought Tulane back from a 28-14 deficit versus Miss. St. and finished with 349 yards, four TDs on 29-of-47 passing.

OK, now I know I know you can be a great college QB but it may not carry over to the NFL. But why not. Well usually defenses are more sophisticated, the offensive playbook is bigger, and motions and audibles become more of a factor in the NFL.

NOW, JP Losman has taken 2 weeks off, say it with me 2 weeks off between the end of the season and mini camp. Thats right he came back to Buffalo early february to study film and work side by side with QB's Coach Sam Wyche. hmm Wyche? isn't that the same guy who worked with Joe Montana? It sure is. Didn't he work with Boomer esiason? your damn right he did.

The point is that JP has been watching the sophisticated defenses on film all year and getting quized by sam wyche until he can answer the question without delay. Also here's a big secret dont tell anybody, JP LOSMAN IS NOT A ROOKIE. Thats right he's been watching the game, familiarizing himself with the offense for a season now, he may not have had much playing time but he's been with this offense and needs not to learn a new one.

And we must not forget that he has all the athleticism that a QB in the NFL should need, he's got quick feet, a cannon arm, the kid can throw very accurate on the run, and can get away from tacklers if need be.

Lets talk about his intelligence. This kid scored just one point lower on the wonderlic than Tom Brady, you know, the two time superbowl MVP! Whats more, thats higher than the likes of peyton manning, trent green...

Since the announcement that the QB position was his he has been trying to earn respect from the players, more specifically the veterans because they need to respect and trust him. Coming out of mini camp, veteren Eric Moulds was quoted saying that Losman impressed him and he feels comfortable with the kid under the helm, and on a side note, JP missed one pass to Moulds and was so upset that he arranged some practices with him and E to get thier timing down, just the two of them.

He definately has the tools to succeed, and above all else he has the offensive weapons to help him succeed in his inaugural season. He's got a solid back with Willis Mcgahee, who, himself is a workhorse. He has a great receiving corps with Moulds and Evans, and the acquisition of the speedy roscoe parrish will make the two even more dangerous. Look at how the bills fared last year after Evans was named the number 2 guy. He was a TD or two shy from the record for ANY NFL rookie.

Too many people think that the Bills O Line is worse off without Jennings, but the truth is, they played as much without jennings last year as they did with him, and Willis (starting 5 games in) still managed 1100 yards. The LT spot is filled and Jim Mcnally (one of the best o line coaches in the business) is working with them so that shouldn't be much of a concern. And even less so this year because we have a mobile quarterback. See it's easier to block for a guy that can move because you dont need to hold the defense for 5 seconds. Also blitzing was ridiculous last year with bledsoe, the bills rarely faced a team that didnt put 7-8 guys in the box, because they knew they could get to bledsoe. JP has to earn respect from the blitz, but once he show's that bringing the LB's up is dangerous then they will back off and guess what? It becomes the McGahee show, any questions?
I do respect your opinion, which differ from mine, you believe that JP is gonna be a good QB, is possibile, nobody knows yet, but I did see him play several time and I was not impress at all, now my opinion of JP means nothing until we gonna see him play in the NFL. Same thing works for Feeley, we need to give to this guys a chance to prove how good they are.

first&goal said:
I do respect your opinion, which differ from mine, you believe that JP is gonna be a good QB, is possibile, nobody knows yet, but I did see him play several time and I was not impress at all, now my opinion of JP means nothing until we gonna see him play in the NFL. Same thing works for Feeley, we need to give to this guys a chance to prove how good they are.
This is true. I was merely trying to give you some insight into his work ethic. which says alot about the guy. We can go back and forth all day, we will just have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom