MERGED: A.J vs. Losman | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: A.J vs. Losman

Getting away from the flame fest and getting back to the original comment I personally would have to go the way of Losman over Feely (and of course I'm biased ;) ). As of right now, everyone knows more or less what Feely is capable of but Losman is an unknown with great athletic ability and potential of being a great QB.

Of course things can always change but gotta take JP over AJ

so-long-Ricky said:
Getting away from the flame fest and getting back to the original comment I personally would have to go the way of Losman over Feely (and of course I'm biased ;) ). As of right now, everyone knows more or less what Feely is capable of but Losman is an unknown with great athletic ability and potential of being a great QB.

Got to agree with all that (and also admit that I'm biased). I also watched JP last year both at the Bills training camp and on the NFL Network when it showed our pre-season games he played in. In those games he played extremely well for a rookie, both throwing and running when nothing was available. I remember one play against Detroit, I believe, when he threw a 25 yard laser on the run and hit his receiver in stride for a big gainer. He also ran for about 40 yards each game on 3-4 attempts. Admittedly, it was against second stringers (but also he was working with our 2nd unit as well). At the risk of jinxing us, I have a good feeling about this kid. And you know what, if he does suck this year, we've got Kelly Holcomb and Shane Matthews to back him up, both of whom are probably better than any QB on the Dolphins' roster (except perhaps Ferotte).

All you worried about our LT spot, I am, too, but also remember that the offseason isn't over and there are still other potential options--Ross Verba comes to mind, as does Wayne Gandy with the Saints (who Donahoe and Mularkey helped draft and coach at Pittsburgh, I believe) and Todd Steussie with the Panthers, both of whom have been mentioned as potential cap cuts still to be made. If our line coach thinks Gandy can't handle the job, watch for us to bring in one of those guys for a low ball salary and one-year fix before we draft a tackle in a tackle rich draft next year.

As for Feeley, I just don't see an upside with him--there was a reason he didn't start much in college or the NFL before last year and was a 3rd string QB before you got him. I watched a lot of Fin games last year and you're deluding yourselves if you think he's decent. Sorry, but that's the truth--I'm not trying to talk smack here. My team has weaknesses, too (like LT, K and DT if Edwards doesn't step up--I'd say TE, too, for this year, but have to reserve until I see how Campbell and Euhus recovered from surgery), and you've got to call them as you see them. Your best bet is Ferotte and draft a QB next year.

so-long-Ricky said:

This comment doesn't make any sense. We have no idea how Feeley will do, you have glimpes of his arm..but you can't say you saw him play QB, he didn't have a chance at that last year..and he only played 8 games or parts of some of those..the fact that he's had some games makes him better than JP out of the gate this year. The fact you haven't seem JP at all in a NFL game give you nothing to go by. If potential made someone better than a person who's played, then every rookie rb is better than McGee or R. Willaims or L. Tomblinson. Until a person plays, he has to be behind the person who has. Last year gave AJ a one up on JP..

:shakeno:

Wow I am a HUUUUGE Dolphins fan but I have to side with the Bills fans on this one.

Everyone's theory about Feeley is that he has more talent than Losman? Since when? Why wasn't he a first round pick? The theory my fellow Phins fans are using would suggest that Feeley is better than Alex Smith too. Feeley was a 5th round pick for a reason. You don't get drafted in the 5th round then sit the bench for 3 years for no reason. Feeley is a career backup. He is Fiedler 2. Get used to it.

Go Phins in 2006 but to say Losman is worse than Feeley might be the biggest homer move ever.

PhiNomina said:
Wow I am a HUUUUGE Dolphins fan but I have to side with the Bills fans on this one.

Everyone's theory about Feeley is that he has more talent than Losman? Since when? Why wasn't he a first round pick? The theory my fellow Phins fans are using would suggest that Feeley is better than Alex Smith too. Feeley was a 5th round pick for a reason. You don't get drafted in the 5th round then sit the bench for 3 years for no reason. Feeley is a career backup. He is Fiedler 2. Get used to it.

Go Phins in 2006 but to say Losman is worse than Feeley might be the biggest homer move ever.
Word of advice......RUN!!!!

PhiNomina said:

QUOTE]

This is a flawed argument.

An example will illustrate why:

Joe Montana was drafted in the 3rd round. Why wasn't he a first round pick?
Is Ryan Leaf better than Joe Montana because he was drafted in the first round?

You need to bring more to the argument than simply draft position...

Im so glad this thread keeps getting bumped when it dies for acouple days. :lol: Thank god we dont have karma or a reputation-o-meter. :lol:

zachseau13 said:

Feeley wasn't very good in college. He had a horrible completion % in a high % offense.

Joey harrington and Akili Smith both managed to get drafted very high in the same offense, and they stink. Why would Feeley, who was bad in that offense be good?

Losman7 said:
Feeley wasn't very good in college. He had a horrible completion % in a high % offense.

Joey harrington and Akili Smith both managed to get drafted very high in the same offense, and they stink. Why would Feeley, who was bad in that offense be good?

Along with that argument..... say your have Peyton manning in a Mike Vick style of offense in college playing behing a very mobile QB. He might be horrible in college in that system, but coming to the NFL in a completely different system might excel...

...now im not comparing AJ to either of those guys or expecting him to be 1/2 of the QB those guys are.... im just pointing out that your argument CAN be flawed.

zachseau13 said:

He didn't say JP will be or is better. He was talking about the theory of talent potential. You are drafted based on your potential.

Philter25 said:
Along with that argument..... say your have Peyton manning in a Mike Vick style of offense in college playing behing a very mobile QB. He might be horrible in college in that system, but coming to the NFL in a completely different system might excel...

...now im not comparing AJ to either of those guys or expecting him to be 1/2 of the QB those guys are.... im just pointing out that your argument CAN be flawed.

Hey, i watched the MIA/NE game lastyear, feeley is a gutsy kid...he got his *** kicked and he came back for more week in and week out.

When we played you in Miami, well, the first half anyway..feeley looked great against the #2 D in the league.

That guy asked for a reason why Losman is better than Feeley without using draft position and I posted what i did.

Feeley could end up being a decent QB for you, I'd just rather have JP.

zachseau13 said:
PhiNomina said:

QUOTE]

No you aren't listening. Montana was drafted in the 3rd round then came into the league and dominated. Feeley has'nt done that. People here act like he is a rookie. The guy has been in the league for what 4-5 years now? He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, he doesn't get judged on POTENTIAL, he should be fulfilling that potential. The guy is 28 years old, there comes a point when you have to cash in, and for most QB's they reach their stride around 25-26, not 29-30. We are basing out future around a QB who is almost past his prime.

Zachseau13 - what makes you believe Feeley is better than Losman. I don't understand what he has shown that makes him better than Losman. If anything Losman has shown more. Atleast at the last time he played he put up very good numbers. Feeley has had year after year in the league and never proven himself.

Back
Top Bottom