MERGED: A.J vs. Losman | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: A.J vs. Losman

Losman7 said:
Feeley wasn't very good in college. He had a horrible completion % in a high % offense.

Joey harrington and Akili Smith both managed to get drafted very high in the same offense, and they stink. Why would Feeley, who was bad in that offense be good?

you looking pre injury or post injury or combined? Course dont let the actual facts of teh situation get in the way.

rickeyrunsover said:
you looking pre injury or post injury or combined? Course dont let the actual facts of teh situation get in the way.

i don't know if those stats work in your favor, b ut i'll let you judge.

pre-injury- 52%

post injury- 44%

in ohter words (imo), he wasn't too good b4 his injury, and he was even worse afterwords.

rickeyrunsover said:

136/259 52% 14 TD's 6 INT's

in a WCO style attack he should be completing way more.

Look what Harrington did in 01.

Losman will be a minor part of the bills offense. They will run the ball most of the time.

Im sorry to say this but i woudl have to go with Losman. AJ is a joke around the nfl. A Defense is happy to see him on the field because they assume it means he will throw a td the wrong way for everyone 2 he throws for us. He can turn a defense into an offense. I for one think he has great talent in his arm and could turn into a great qb. I just highly doubt it. Losman seems much more like a future star to me.

dolfan2010 said:
the bills will have big problems with losman, so they will run the ball most of the time....like we did w/ ricky...look for the rb to have 400 plus carries. Good luck keeping you're rb healthy.

You probably wouldn't need more than one hand to count how many runningbacks in the history of the NFL who have had 400 carries. I doubt Willis McGahee will carry the ball 400 times. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt.

MDFinFan06 said:
Im sorry to say this but i woudl have to go with Losman. AJ is a joke around the nfl. A Defense is happy to see him on the field because they assume it means he will throw a td the wrong way for everyone 2 he throws for us. He can turn a defense into an offense. I for one think he has great talent in his arm and could turn into a great qb. I just highly doubt it. Losman seems much more like a future star to me.

MDFF06, where in md do you live? btw, at the end of the season, the joke was on the D's, go ask the Pats. :lol:

dolfan2010 said:
i'll bet losman turns out to be just like ryan leaf.....

Lame bump, once again.

2010 your threads suck.

losman will be the second coming of ryan leaf.aj is and will be way better then him.

dolfan2010 said:
if losman struggles and plays like ryan leaf in the nfl....i would not be able too stop laughing...

UGH! Will you stop with the thread resurrecting? Come up with some new, fresh topics and we will gladly discuss them with you. Aggravating the entire board by bringing back the same old stuff over and over again isn't very smart.

Wagon Circler said:
Let this die please.

Tell the mods to lock this thread, its just another Miami / Buffalo pissing match. Maybe when next season is over then we can have a good discussion on who is better.

Losman7 said:

136/259 52% 14 TD's 6 INT's

in a WCO style attack he should be completing way more.

Look what Harrington did in 01.

Losman...you have the numbers for AJ's entire season there...not breaking it down pre-injury and post-injury.

Pre-injury, AJ was completing well over 60% of his passes, had thrown 11 tds and only 1 int. Immediately prior to the game where he was injured, AJ was rated as one of the top 5 QBs in the country (using a method similar to the NFL rating system)....and this was his first year as a starter with virtually NO experience prior to that.

And, just for trivia, the first team AJ faced as a starter for Oregon was Michigan State...coached by Nick Saban. Oregon lost 27-20, but AJ lit the Spartans up big time despite his receivers dropping 9 passes during that game.

AJ was a HELLUVA QB prior to his injury. He, unfortunately, knew that the head coach liked the backup a LOT more than he liked him (sound familiar?) and so he tried to play through what turned out to be a season ending injury (one that took most of the next season to fully heal). Barring that injury, AJ would have been a MUCH higher draft choice than he was (and getting drafted in the fifth round when you haven't played since the first half of your junior year says the scouts think you are pretty darn good).

Give AJ some protection, a decent running game (both start with that OL) and AJ will do some really great things for the 'Phins.

Back
Top Bottom