MERGED: A.J vs. Losman | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: A.J vs. Losman

marino1348 said:
lets face it, aj isnt very good but neither is losman. he wasnt worth the 1st rounder the chose him with and that 1st rounder wasn't worth what they gave up. Some people wanted Rivers , but i dont remember a mock with losman in th top 40 picks. the Bills dont have nearly as much depth as the Fins and the likely hood of having so few injuries again is unlikely

How do you know? How many Tulane games did you catch?

Losman was projected right where he was taken, if we didn't take him the packers would have...and they do OK picking QB's

we don't have as much depth?? What depth do you have besides running back?

Not O-Line, not D-Line, Not LB, Not S or CB. What you consider "depth" are actually known as unproven rookies and FA's , the same as every other team.

marino1348 said:
"let's review Rothlesburger's first 5 attempts...

3 for 5 and one INT 1 sack . sound familiar?

Let's check out Ben's first 5 attempts in his first start meaning, he's had a whole week to practice w/ the 1st team....

3 for 5 and 1 INT ....again!

As you can see, your stats mean nothing. "

yeah but ben threw interceptions on nearly every first pass he threw. after that he did pretty well. Losman has yet to throw the other passes

lets face it, aj isnt very good but neither is losman. he wasnt worth the 1st rounder the chose him with and that 1st rounder wasn't worth what they gave up. Some people wanted Rivers , but i dont remember a mock with losman in th top 40 picks. the Bills dont have nearly as much depth as the Fins and the likely hood of having so few injuries again is unlikely
How can you judge Jp when he only had 5 attempts? Guess who JP was facing too when he made those attempts after he just got back from injury.... The SB Champs. Bellichcik and Crennel. :rolleyes:

tay0365 said:
Actually AJ has already proven that you can win games with him at the helm, AJ has already proven that in a pressure situation where you have to come back in the 4th quarter, with not much time on the clock, he can move an offense. .
Your D didn't have anything to do w/ that game against NE?

tay0365 said:
All ywe know of Losman is, that he has great tools (So did Leaf, and a few others) and played pretty well in College.

BOTH of these guys need to prove themselves, and anyone that say either one will be more successful then the other, is only guessing.
I have no problem w/ both qb's trying to prove themselves. It's just funny how a 4 yr. vet qb is still trying to prove he's not a 3rd string qb and the other one is trying to prove he can do well as a rookie.

tay0365 said:
Let the season start now, and......BRING IT ON!!!!!!:lol:
I'm still waiting for your source that says JP will alienate his teammates. You're the only one who has that opinion. ;)

****y? Good, I love a qb who's coacky just like Dan, Kelly and Elway.

Roman529 said:
I also think AJ is better than Losman...but Gus will be our starter.
what exactly has feeley done besides having the worst comp. percentage in the league to make you think hes better than losman?

catapano said:
what exactly has feeley done besides having the worst comp. percentage in the league to make you think hes better than losman?
other than joining the dolphins, nothing. He probably thinks Berlin is better than JP.

Justasportsfan said:

Never said he was responsible for the win (even though he was a little....like it or not), what I said was he drove the offense late for a winning score....that is not easily done, especially against the a smart team like the Pats, with no Running game, and a O-line that was starting to show some skills, but still not that good.

Justasportsfan said:
I have no problem w/ both qb's trying to prove themselves. It's just funny how a 4 yr. vet qb is still trying to prove he's not a 3rd string qb and the other one is trying to prove he can do well as a rookie.

When was he given a chance in Philly? Do you really think he was going to be given any kind of a chance with McNabb there. With Feeley you have seen what you have, and he has proven that he is not a fast learner, but is game, and when surrounded with talent, he can be effective, is tough, and does not panic in pressure situation, but has a big problem reading defenses.

With Losman, we know very little as far as how he will do in the NFL, has pretty good tools, was supposed to be one of the highest drafted QBs, going into (I believe) his Jr year, he had a very average season, and in the draft, some thought of him as a 2nd or even 3rd round pick (Big drop off). Great arm, ****y (Will try to force balls in to coverage), also was written that because of his extreme ****yness, he made some teammates almost dislike the guy. ON the SportingNews draft Issue, it was written that one knock on him is that his personality at times makes him an outsider, and (Here is comes again) alienates him from teammates. To be fair, many coaches have come out and said that it was not true.

Both have problems to overcome. If Feeley takes it easy and learns to read defenses better, he already has the toughness and heart to succeed, and if Losman brings down his ****yness a step or two, and does plays smart, he has the tools to be elite (Well, also if he grows one more inch :jk: ). We need to wait and see.

Justasportsfan said:
I'm still waiting for your source that says JP will alienate his teammates. You're the only one who has that opinion. ;)

Let me see if I can find it, it was during the draft, on a few publications, so hopefully I will find one.

Justasportsfan said:
****y? Good, I love a qb who's coacky just like Dan, Kelly and Elway.

If you have that type of talent, then no problem with being ****y, but if you don't (He doesn't), trying to thread a needle between a few DBs will be disastrous.

Justasportsfan said:

See this is where you get it wrong, he doesnt have to prove he is not a 3rd string qb, he has to prove he is a starter. There is a diff. If all he wants to do is prove he is not a 3rd string qb, he is aiming very low. He needs to set his goal alot higher. A qb doesnt worry about 2nd or 3rd, if he isnt starting, that is what he works to do, he works to be great, aiming lower is pointless.

tay0365 said:
Let me see if I can find it, it was during the draft, on a few publications, so hopefully I will find one.

If you have that type of talent, then no problem with being ****y, but if you don't (He doesn't), trying to thread a needle between a few DBs will be disastrous.

Talent?

Here take your pick. There are tons of articles talking about his talent.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=tulane+losman&btnG=Google+Search

If you followed the draft, no one quetioned his talent but they questioned his ****iness.

Justasportsfan said:
Talent?

Here take your pick. There are tons of articles talking about his talent.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=tulane+losman&btnG=Google+Search

If you followed the draft, no one quetioned his talent but they questioned his ****iness.

Talent wise? Oh he has talent, there were many that thought he had the most talent. Outside Big Ben I agreed, I like Roeth better but Losman has a ton of talent. If he isnt overly ****y, he will be a very good qb. That has nothing to do with how good AJ can be..

rickeyrunsover said:
See this is where you get it wrong, he doesnt have to prove he is not a 3rd string qb, he has to prove he is a starter. There is a diff. If all he wants to do is prove he is not a 3rd string qb, he is aiming very low. He needs to set his goal alot higher. A qb doesnt worry about 2nd or 3rd, if he isnt starting, that is what he works to do, he works to be great, aiming lower is pointless.
Only Spielman thought highly enough of AJ to be a starter. He was a 3rd string qb w/ the eagles that was put in the starting position by someone who paid too much for him. That guy is now gone. He played last year like a 3rd string qb. You can put blame on the OL or coaches but this year will show whether or not he is even better than Fiedler who is nothing more than a back-up qb.

tay0365 said:

Here you go. Too bad the link no longer works but in a nutshell. JP got his teamates to rally behind him to save the football program of Tulane which he successfully did. Where you get that alienating thing is no where to be found.This guy was both a finfan and a tulane student who hated the fact that we ended up w/ losman.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=37647&page=2&pp=15&highlight=****y

Justasportsfan said:

So for a second straight season, Green Bay coach Mike Sherman is scrutinizing a first-round prospect who, if selected, would be the Packers’ future but of little or no help in the present. There’s much to like about Losman, who has a major-league arm, mobility superior to Favre in his prime, and a ****-sure and competitive temperament. The question is whether all that overrides concerns about his throwing accuracy and, more importantly, a brash personality that could rub teammates the wrong way.
Packers Premium - Quarterbacks: Losman piques interest

I have to admit, there is no longer as many articles talking about his personality problem, but Luckily I found 1.

tay0365 said:
Actually AJ has already proven that you can win games with him at the helm, AJ has already proven that in a pressure situation where you have to come back in the 4th quarter, with not much time on the clock, he can move an offense. All ywe know of Losman is, that he has great tools (So did Leaf, and a few others) and played pretty well in College.

BOTH of these guys need to prove themselves, and anyone that say either one will be more successful then the other, is only guessing.

AJ showed a flash of potential during one game, and in one fourth quarter. I was just as happy as any good Phin fan that we beat NE that night and I share your hope that he turns into a good/consistent QB one day...

However, I, like many, believe that we won those few other games in spite of him...there were too many occassions last year when his poor decisions contributed (heavily) to our losses. He made many many more mistakes than good decisions (stats proved it: 11 TD's and 15 INT's). Those reasons and the fact that Losman is younger, more athletic, and comes with a better college resume, make me think that he's a better prospect at this moment.

Still, this is just a guess. You said it right when you said that both of them need to prove themselves. I could easily be wrong...something I hope. :)

Back
Top Bottom