MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per

It either needs to be Albert or Monroe. Nailing one of them down is a win no matter how you look at it.

I don't know why people are so upset about this if they guy is an upgrade over what we have had and it is a plus. He may be a little older but he is at least top 10 LT in this league and that is a lot better than paying a rookie at this point or somebody not as good to man that spot.

If we plan on adding Saffold to Guard that is another need to take off the books and solidifies 3 spots on the line. Albert, Saffold and Pouncey i will take that over a lot of other lines as well and just leaves RG and RT to fill at some point. Which also gives us another opportunity to draft BPA at 19 and really get this train moving forward and back where it needs to go and that is playoff football.

Top 10 in the league? Can't be serious. He's more in the 15 range which puts him right around average

Happy to hear, but a lot can happen between now & Tuesday @ 4:00. Let's NOT get our hopes up just yet.

Top 10 in the league? Can't be serious. He's more in the 15 range which puts him right around average

Name me the top 15 Tackles in this league? I'm curious who you think is better.

Let's not celebrate or slam before something REALLY happens ppl.

Well looks like all my fears are coming true...I wanted Albert last offseason but I saw things that gave me pause in 2014 and beyond...signs of fall off

Same kinds of things I saw with Clabos work in 2012 when he was being pimped as a top 5 right tackle around here...albeit not at the same level

PFF has Albert as the #17 LT in the NFL, sounds about right.

more fuel to this fire:

Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic reports the Cardinals are "very interested" in free agent LT Jared Veldheer.
Just connecting dots, it appears the Cardinals have moved on from Branden Albert, who was originally their top free-agent target but now seems destined for Miami. Veldheer would be a better signing as far as we're concerned. He's three years younger than Albert with less of an injury track record, and has long been a superior run blocker. Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie surprisingly didn't franchise tag Veldheer, and is now very much risk of losing him.

The Chiefs' Branden Albert, one of the top left tackles in free agency, is expected to sign with the Dolphins on Tuesday, according to an NFL source.

The Cardinals had expressed interest in Albert, but apparently have set their sights on a younger, cheaper alternative who might have more potential.

The Cardinals have more interest in Raiders left tackle Jared Veldheer, who at 26, is three years younger than Albert.

Albert’s deal is expected to average between $8 million and $10 million a year, more than it’s going to take to sign Veldheer.

The Cardinals’ interest in Rams’ tackle/guard Rodger Saffold appears to have cooled, if it was ever that warm.

For the past few weeks, sources indicated that Saffold was the Cardinals’ second choice behind Albert, but it appears Veldheer is the more viable target.
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/car...sights-on-oakland-raiders-jared-veldheer.html

Back
Top Bottom