MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per

Tell me you did not just put Jake Long in that category. LOL and another thing those guys a lot of them are either really old or retiring like Gross or have extensive injury histories. Look all I am saying is he is an upgrade to what we have.

If we win what the hell difference does it make? If we win 11 games are you really going to say we definitely should have signed Eugene Monroe instead?

Jake Long was playing some darned good football last year before the knee injury.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 2m

Not only is @ProFootballTalk report about Albert-to-Miami accurate, I'm told he's been their top priority since draft weekend 2013.

When we have to replace four of five starters on the offensive line I don't think we can be all that picky when it comes to free agency. Landing one of the top two Left tackles on the market is a win. Sure there are concerns with Albert, but there are also concerns with guys like Monroe and Veldheer. That doesn't mean we shouldn't sign any of them because they are not the best in the league at their position. Out of those three Albert is probably the best and playing at the higher level. Now of course age and health issues might make him less attractive 3-4 years down the road, but any time you can sign a player coming off a Pro Bowl season is a good signing.

Of course his contract is going to be more than anyone really wants to pay. He will be payed much more than players that are more deserving. Monroe and Veldheer will also get contracts that pay them more than they are probably worth. But if you want to get the best players on the market you have to overpay. Just like Wallace last season, he might not be a top 5 overall wide receiver in the game, but you pay him big if you want him on the roster. Wallace actually left a lot of money on the table from Minnesota to be here.

The Dolphins have a lot of cap space, they have a quarterback with a low cap hit and the league's salary cap is going to increase by almost $30 million by 2016. There is no problem handing out some big contracts right now.

Totally left Williams and Monroe off my list. Even though Monroe isn't that much better than Fat Albert.

No matter. Albert is middle of the pack, and after this draft will drop further. Do not want him.

I am gradually gaining confidence in Hickey. Albert may be a tad overrated, but as others have said, he is alot better then what the Fins had and have had and is unquestionably a top 2 lineman on the market. Sure they'll prob give him a little too much, but its a necessary evil.

People complaining about Albert as our new LT...

You need to be reminded of who we had this past season?

That's a freaking colossal upgrade.

Tell me you did not just put Jake Long in that category. LOL and another thing those guys a lot of them are either really old or retiring like Gross or have extensive injury histories. Look all I am saying is he is an upgrade to what we have.

If we win what the hell difference does it make? If we win 11 games are you really going to say we definitely should have signed Eugene Monroe instead?
Albert is no spring chicken himself and has played a full season only once. You're the one who asked me to name better LT's and myself and a few others did. Is he better than what crap we rolled out there last year? Sure. Does it make it a good signing? Not when there were better, younger options available

People complaining about Albert as our new LT...

You need to be reminded of who we had this past season?

That's a freaking colossal upgrade.

I'm more worried about 2 years from now and the potential we are stuck with a bad contract...the signs are there of drop off...if not for those I'd be all in

He was 4th on my wish list. At least they are targeting the oline

I'm more worried about 2 years from now and the potential we are stuck with a bad contract...the signs are there of drop off...if not for those I'd be all in
been saying the same thing for days now. I'll only like this signing if its a cap friendly deal that is easily voidable in a few years. If not I hate it especially when there was a better option available

Would much prefer Monroe but Albert would be a good fit for a few years. I just wonder if this is some kind of smoke screen. :ponder:

Back
Top Bottom